Windows 10: \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10

Discus and support \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with my W10 system, it is not booting and whatever I try is not working. I can't refresh/repair the PC because my drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iDym, Oct 5, 2016.

1. iDym Win User

\Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10

Hi, I have a problem with my W10 system, it is not booting and whatever I try is not working.
    I can't refresh/repair the PC because my drive is "locked"

Startup repair doesn't work, no explanation.
    None of the solutions the Windows 10 DVD/media offers works

I tried to rebuild the BCD but it doesn't work either
    bootrec /scanOS
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s #the bcd file is not found

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /rebuildbcd

I get a message saying:
    Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0

If not else it changed the gravity of the situation, now it says it's a "boot/bcd problem" instead of "winload" as it said before the cmd I was suggested to try.

I tried to check DISKPART and I saw many different disks that I haven't got before.
    My C: shows under VOL 1 / FS - NTFS / LABEL - System Rese
    the E: Vol 2 / FS - NTFS / and nothing else. #exploring the DIR, I noticed it has my program files
    the F: Vol 3 / FS - NTFS / Info - Hidden. #and nothing else is said.
    the D: Vol 4 is the USB media with Windows 10 that I'm trying to restore the PC with.
    It's very confusing and terrifying, since I have a lot of my work on the PC.
    If anyone has an idea how I should proceed, please help me!
    *If really we can't come to a conclusion, I was thinking if it was possible to re-install windows 10 on a partition of C:
    to boot the system from there and recover my files from the rest of the hdd.

:)

iDym, Oct 5, 2016
  2. iDym Win User

I successfully recovered my data and reinstalled Windows 10 on a single partition.

Can't thank you enough for your help Don, I appreciate it a lot.

Now I'll just need to set a backup to avoid this mess happening again.

iDym, Oct 5, 2016
  3. iDym Win User

How should I save any data?

Anyway, I noticed that if I try to Install Windows, I get 2 options:

Upgrade - upgrade the system keeping my files (or at least that's what it says)

Custom - install windows only (advanced)

I'm not sure whether this "upgrade" would do any good to save my data, but it's something to keep in mind.

iDym, Oct 5, 2016
  4. \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10

Dear Sir,

I am having an identical problem as follows. You got any advice? Please update me as to how you resolved your issue.

Problem : -

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s #the bcd file is not found

I get a message saying:
    Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0

Thanks and regards,

Roy

Roy Mathew, Nov 22, 2016
Thema:

1. \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BootBCD Error 0xc000000f

2. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc000000f boot error: I need help on something!!! I got an error that says recovery, "The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. Error 0xc000000f. ACPI.sys. I heard to get an USB but I don't have one should I just buy one? Would it even...
  3. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc000000f boot error: I need help on something!!! I got an error that says recovery, "The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. Error 0xc000000f. ACPI.sys. I heard to get an USB but I don't have one should I just buy one? Would it even...
  4. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows won’t boot (error 0xc000000f)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t boot (error 0xc000000f): Hello, I didn’t turn my pc off last night and when I woke up, I was looking at this error. “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. Insert your windows installation disk and select repair my computer. Boot selection failed because a...
  6. Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f: I just tried to turn on my PC and it instantly ran into a random problem that I've never encountered before. It tells me "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:" 1. Insert your windows installation disk and...
  7. Windows 10 boot error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot error 0xc000000f: I need help with fixing an error with windows 10, after I finished installing it it said it needed to restart to finishing installing the graphics card but so I clicked restart and it did but as it was starting back up it just showed up as a black screen it didn't even get to...
  8. Can't boot into windows. Error code: 0xc000000f

Can't boot into windows. Error code: 0xc000000f: Don't have install disks to repair error. HP Pavilion 570-p050 came without setup/install disks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-windows-error-code-0xc000000f/d7d6c56b-c44a-464f-a3ed-d6785df201a8
  9. Clean Install: Can't boot- error 0xc000000f

Clean Install: Can't boot- error 0xc000000f: Hi, Last night i got a blue screen on my computer (custom build) and after searching for some solutions to the error code it spat out, I decided to upgrade to win10 (from 7) as suggestions pointed to a clean windows install. I downloaded win10 and put it on a USB stick,...
  10. Windows 10 Can't boot, error 0xc000000f,\Boot\BCD not found.

Windows 10 Can't boot, error 0xc000000f,\Boot\BCD not found.: Hello forumers. Yesterday I removed dual booting Linux and after that my Windows 10 won't boot up. I have tried everything. The cmd commands: bootrec /FixMbr; bootrec /FixBoot; bootrec /RebuildBcd; Bcdboot commands and everything. Then I tried Refreshing PC what says: Drive...
Tags: