Windows 10: Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225

Discus and support Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After my computer updated, I cannot access Windows anymore. It boots up, then loads in with a black screen with the Windows Boot Manager telling me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KassSlaten, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225

After my computer updated, I cannot access Windows anymore. It boots up, then loads in with a black screen with the Windows Boot Manager telling me that Windows failed to start, File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Bcd , Status: 0xc0000225 , Info: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. I have tried booting it up using a disc with the Windows 10 installation media, but I cant reset my pc or continue to Windows. I have tried fixing it through command prompt, but when I put in Bootrec \fixboot it says 'Data error (cyclic redundancy check)'. How can I at least reset my Pc, or fix it if possible?

The pc came with Windows 10 installed, and its a Toshiba. The bottom serial code etc. card says Satellite C55-B5240x if that helps.

:)

KassSlaten, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Homeless Win User

0xc0000225 boot error

For some odd reason when I turned on my computer today, I was greeted with the error 0xc0000225 stating that my NLS files were corrupt/missing. I am Running Vista x64 and so far have tried the following:

Replace NLS files
    Windows repair utility
    Restored an old working registry backup
    Tried booting with different ram configurations
    Created new BCD / Boot
    Chkdsk

Google suggests something about apci, but my gigabyte ud3p doesn't have such an option (already vista compatible) and it seems to only occur to people who are initially installing and not people who already have a working copy.

Homeless, Jul 27, 2018
  3. error code 0xc0000225

Hi Marie,

The error code 0xc0000225 is booting error that usually happens when the Booting Configuration Data (BCD) is missing or corrupted. We suggest that you perform an
    Automatic Repair by following the steps listed in Jenith_James's reply on May
    8, 2016 and check if it resolves your concern.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225

Code 0xc0000225 HP Stream 11

Hi,

The error 0xc0000225 means Windows cannot find the system files used for booting, which indicates boot configuration data is corrupted. For an in-depth assistance, we suggest that you get in touch with your device manufacturer to resolve
    this..

Regards.

Michael Gall, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225

1. Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225 - Similar Threads - Boot configuration data

2. Unable to boot , error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot , error 0xc0000225: I Hope you are doing well.Can you please help me with this issue. No boot as hard disk drive not found. Is it damaged I run diagnosis and also changed settings from Legacy to UEFI and vice versa but still nothing. Please help.Thank you.[Original Title: Recovery]...
  3. Windows Boot Manager Error 0xc0000225: "The boot configuration data for your pc is missing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot Manager Error 0xc0000225: "The boot configuration data for your pc is missing...: I cannot boot into Windows. I have created USB media to repair my installation. Startup Repair was unable to repair the drive. SFC will not run I've been following the steps here but some seem a little extreme/confusing to me....
  4. Boot configuration data file error

Boot configuration data file error: Hello, my PC started having issue when the wifi connection fot disconnected then it froze. Once I tried to connect to wifi by right clicking and selecting MANUAL connection, the blue screen appears as photo below. [ATTACH] Then the system restarted and the another blue...
  5. Windows 10 boot error 0xc0000225.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot error 0xc0000225.: Recently I was trying to install another boot system on my Windows 10 volume system with a tool to install a dual boot system without a CD/DVD or USB, but after I've failed I have opened my Windows 10 volume system and there was too many files, and there was a "Unstaill.exe"...
  6. Can’t Boot. Error 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000000f

Can’t Boot. Error 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000000f: So I was suffering from the 1903 Windows Update issue and that Intel RST Driver issue and I couldnt install the new driver for some reason. Googled for solutions and these sites kept telling me to go to system 32 and change “iastora.sys” to “iastora.old”. In hindsight that...
  7. Boot Configuration Data Error

Boot Configuration Data Error: I have a custom built PC it had installed Windows 10 on it. I was using it last night and this morning I woke up to a Recovery Error. It says “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors...File: \Boot\BCD...Error...
  8. boot configuration data is missing or contain error

boot configuration data is missing or contain error: what recovery tools are needed to fix error code 0xc00000039 windows 10 on acer switch 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center * Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  9. Error 0xc0000225 but then booted eventually

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0xc0000225 but then booted eventually: Yesterday i had a notification appear in the Action Centre saying "Security and Maintenance Restart to Repair drive Errors". So i restarted but all i kept getting was a Recovery screen saying 'Your Pc couldn't start properly a required device isn't connected or cant be...
  10. recovery boot configuration data error

in Windows 10 Support
    recovery boot configuration data error: Hi guys, so my hp probook has come up with this error code 0xc000000f saying the boot configuration data for pc is missing or contains errors. Will need to use recovery tools. How do I fix this problem? My pc doesn't have a cd drive but I have the discs. Please could someone...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. t yhe4 boot configuration data eroor 0xc0000225

2. Status: 0xc0000225 Info: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.