Windows 10: Boot disc won't load, hardware issue?

Discus and support Boot disc won't load, hardware issue? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, Trying to install Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on an older desktop computer (AMD 4000+ CPU, Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard) and the boot disc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matt26, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Matt26 Win User

Boot disc won't load, hardware issue?

Hey all,

Trying to install Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on an older desktop computer (AMD 4000+ CPU, Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard) and the boot disc won't get past the Windows logo splash screen; normally it would load the language and keyboard options after this, but in my case the process just hangs at the Windows logo and does not go past that.

I also notice that eventually the boot disc stops spinning in the drive, but the Windows logo remains. I've tried switching DVD drives but the same happens on another drive that I know is working.

Might this be a symptom of hardware issues, maybe something incompatible with Windows 10?

Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks!

:)

Matt26, Sep 19, 2015

2. How do I revert back to my original Windows 10 after trying the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview?

I've tried doing the "reset this PC" but that still leaves me in the insider preview version and I want to go back to my original Windows install.

I have a repair disc that I made, but I can't figure out how to load to it. If I boot with the CD in the drive, it reports it's a non-system disc and won't boot to it.

Mr.Anderson1, Sep 19, 2015
  3. No bootable disc

My laptop won't start up and I am receiving the message no bootable disc. I do not have a bootable disc so I downloaded a Windows 10 install disc from Mocrosoft Support, however, when I loaded it on a thumb drive and tried to boot from it, none of the
    steps helped. I want something that I can boot from, restore windows and keep the files that are on the computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GregSubick, Sep 19, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

What was reasons for booting from disc, did you select boot manager(boot menu) at logo screen ,then select to boot from dvd?

jds63, Sep 19, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    And is this a free upgrade from an older Windows version you are attempting to install from disk? Or is it a clean install of a new Win10 license you have purchased?

WhyMe, Sep 19, 2015
  6. ram1220 Win User
    Matt how long have you let the Windows logo stay on screen? When I used a DVD to install Win 10 I got that logo for a good 10 minutes before anything else started happening. The light on my drive turned off too during this time. I just waited and waited and after about 10 mins it was fine.

ram1220, Sep 19, 2015
  7. Matt26 Win User
    Clean install with disc, pretty sure this computer doesn't support booting from USB.

I've left the boot process for over 10 minutes for sure, doesn't get past the logo. I've used the same disc on another computer so I know the disc is fine, and I've installed Windows 8 on this computet using an install disc, so not sure why this is happening?

Matt26, Sep 19, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

How did you make the disc, where did you get download from ? Said it boots to the Windows 10 disc on another PC ?
    Logo screen is where you would select the boot menu, and you do this and nothing,no message boot from cd/dvd press enter.... ?
    Sure DVD Drive is working ? Why feel USB bootable flash drive can not work ?

jds63, Sep 19, 2015
  9. DoItJust Win User
    I have the Asus A8N-SLI DeLuxe (very close, I've actually tried the premium BIOS on my board long ago) and I have the same problem as you. I can boot Win 7 x64 & x86 and Win 10 x86 from DVD or USB but Win 10 x64 does not boot from either. I also ran into very strange issues running updated or clean install of Win 10 x86. I.e. the installation failed if not connected to internet, and random crashes if disconnecting internet. My conclusion was; do not run Win 10 on this board, I'm back on Win 7 x64.
    If you come up with a solution, pls tell*Smile

DoItJust, Sep 19, 2015
  10. Matt26 Win User
    Ah so maybe it's a 64 vs 32 bit issue.. I think i also had issues with a 64 bit install of windows 7 awhile ago, and was going to switch to 32 to see if that helped.

Good catch, I'll try a 32 bit disc and see what happens.

Matt26, Sep 19, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Yeah, but what was previous version on PC 64bit right? How can do a clean install with 32bit ?

jds63, Sep 19, 2015
  12. DoItJust Win User
    You can't, not on this board, Unless you buy it. Or find the Slic 2.1 modified BIOS and flash it, then install the corresponding certificate*Wink

DoItJust, Sep 20, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

If doing a clean install at least need to match bit of the previous.

jds63, Sep 21, 2015
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    No, you don't. In fact the only way to change the bit level of the previous OS is to do a clean install.

NavyLCDR, Sep 21, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    Thanks Navy, seems this is what he is trying to do, his specs list 64bit already not all other facts yet, but why go 32bit .

jds63, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Boot disc won't load, hardware issue? - Similar Threads - Boot disc won't

2. Win10 boot disc .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 boot disc .: I'm on a window 11 laptop but need to download a win10 boot disc to USB drive so I can reinstall a desktop. Any problems with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-boot-disc/de07e081-ebda-4313-8773-cf78570d84a6
  3. Win10 boot disc .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 boot disc .: I'm on a window 11 laptop but need to download a win10 boot disc to USB drive so I can reinstall a desktop. Any problems with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-boot-disc/de07e081-ebda-4313-8773-cf78570d84a6
  4. rEFInd won't load at boot time :(

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rEFInd won't load at boot time :(: I successfully installed rEFInd in Windows 10 in my IdeaPad Flex 5. But it won't work in my desktop pc also with Windows 10. Both devices dual-boot with Pop! OS. I disabled Fast Boot in my desktop just in case to no avail. I believe Secure Boot is also disabled. I am able to...
  5. MFS 2020 DISC LOADING.

MFS 2020 DISC LOADING.: Discs 1&2 go in ok ,disc 3, says default error redundantcy drive "d"says check for storage. computer "c" registers 830gb available what gives?. Now i'm new to all this so, if possible simple terms to explain would be helpful, thankyou all inadvance....
  6. New hardware won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New hardware won't boot Windows 10: I just bought a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU and wanted to reuse all my other existing hardware (GPU, power, DVD drive, hard drive). I hooked everything up and Windows would not boot off the hard drive. I pulled out my laptop and learned that this is normal when the hardware...
  7. boot disc

boot disc: I had a 3 day power outage and my HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-a17c died. I do not know the product key but when I originally purchased it from staples, it came with a free Windows 10 upgrade. I think my bios died during the time with no electricity. I need an entire copy of...
  8. windows boot loading issue

windows boot loading issue: when i booting my laptop message popup like abnormal installation,product required entries not exist,can't continue!!!. how to resolve this issue?please help me to solve this....
  9. Boot Disc/USB won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Disc/USB won't start: When the computer tries to load windows I get error: 0xc000000e and I have the options to 1 Enter and try again (Does nothing) 2 F1 to enter Recovery Environment (Turns the computer off) 3 F8 for Startup seetings (Nothing) 4 Press Esc to enter UEFI Firmware settings...
  10. Windows 10 Recovery/Install Disc Won't Load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Recovery/Install Disc Won't Load: I recently had a Windows 10 loading failure loop, so after going through a System Restore and a PC reset, neither of which worked, I performed a clean install, which resolved the problem at first. However, after half a day with a working computer and during the process of...