Windows 10: Boot DVD for Win10 - how to get - paid Win8.1Pro-updated to Win10

Discus and support Boot DVD for Win10 - how to get - paid Win8.1Pro-updated to Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to get bootable DVD with working Windows 10 OS ? Windows 8.1 Pro paid to Microsoft and used for a while. Miscrosoft updated it to Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dragonxi4tenfor, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Boot DVD for Win10 - how to get - paid Win8.1Pro-updated to Win10

How to get bootable DVD with working Windows 10 OS ?

Windows 8.1 Pro paid to Microsoft and used for a while.

Miscrosoft updated it to Windows 10.

Windows 10 automatic updates "worked" reasoble until 17th of January 2017.

The latest automatic Windows 10 updates failed as follows:
    - yes, I can move mouse and see cursor on both two screen
    - no, I can not see anything helping, just the famous circle telling nothing
    - no, I can not get it restart, reboot, power off/on does not help

I would not want to install Window 8.1 Pro because Windows 10 worked until 17 January 2017! Ub
    Can't utilize no restore points!unti)
    Thanks in advance for any tips (I write this with Linux)

:)

dragonxi4tenfor, Jan 18, 2017
  2. Ratsea Win User

Deactivating Licence key

I am about to dispose of an old HP laptop. It came with Win 7, but I upgraded it to Win8.1Pro with a purchased retail DVD.

It was a candidate for a Win 10 upgrade and accordingly was upgraded to Win10 Pro, but by transferring to an SSD as Win8, then upgrading. The old HDD is a dual boot Win7 and Win8, and does still boot up on both OK - so a bit complicated!

I want to deactivate the Win8.1 key so I can transfer it to my daughters Desktop with Vista.

I understand the Win7 is an OEM so is locked to the old laptop, and that Win10 can't have the key deactivated.

So can I cancel the activation of the Win8 key, and how?

Thanks

Ratsea, Jan 18, 2017
  3. windows mirror data volumes - do win7 and win10 see them the same way?

i have win7ult boot ssd

i have two hdd that are mirrored using windows.

i have a second ssd with win10pro installed (from a win8.1pro upgrade).

when i boot win10 ssd i power off all my other drives,

because i'm afraid win10 will see them and screw them up.

my concern is mainly for the two mirrored data drive volume.

can i expose a mirror volume that was created in win7

for use in win10

without win10 ruining it for use when i boot back in win7.

will win10 simply see the mirror volume and use it without a fuss, or

will it run all kinds of checking and rebuilds that screw it up later for win7.

joeyberger, Jan 18, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Boot DVD for Win10 - how to get - paid Win8.1Pro-updated to Win10

5. Thanks, I will have a look!

dragonxi4tenfor, Jan 19, 2017
  6. Verified the following: Windows 10 automatic update 17 January did make the workstation unbootable from C: drive which is ok, for example Win 8.1 Pro DVD verified C: drive to be ok; however one can not anymore install Win 8.1 Pro from DVD to a workstation which has Win10 installed in C: at least in our system!

Concluded: after each Win10 update one should create bootable DVD/USB. .. and hope it will boot!

Notes: unable to boot ment in our case that there was NO
    ways to access the OS neither with keyboard nor mouse!

dragonxi4tenfor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot DVD for Win10 - how to get - paid Win8.1Pro-updated to Win10

1. Boot DVD for Win10 - how to get - paid Win8.1Pro-updated to Win10 - Similar Threads - Boot DVD Win10

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  5. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  6. Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?: Hello - There's a Windows 8 app I use a great deal on a laptop of mine, but it's no longer an app and not available in the Windows Store (the app still works great on the laptop, even though it's not in the Store). I got a new laptop and would like to use the app, but since...
  7. Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10: Originally, I purchased Windows 8 and installed it on my Mac with Parallels. After installing, Microsoft offered a free upgrade to Windows 10. I now want to remove Windows from Parallels and reinstall it using BootCamp. How can I do this? I do not have Windows 10 on disc or...
  8. rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux: Does anyone know how to get rEFInd to recognise Windows 10? Currently it just ignores Windows 10 and boots in Windows. Halfway into the Windows booting, an MS screen (blue) appears asking me to choose between two different Windows 8.1 installations. One of them is in fact...
  9. Win10 on DVD

Win10 on DVD: A local computer store is advertising Windows 10 System Builder on DVD for sale. Question is has MS released the full version to DVD? Harold 11926
  10. Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?

Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?: Hi, I have a dual boot set up - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on an SSD drive and Windows 8.1 on a second hard drive. I would like to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and keep the Windows 7 OS in tact. Is this possible? Can I just go through the upgrade process from...