Windows 10: Boot Error BCD 0x000000d Can't Recover, Can't Restore

Discus and support Boot Error BCD 0x000000d Can't Recover, Can't Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've been all over the internet trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. Win 10 on my Asus S56C (originally Win8 but upgraded) crashed. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RAVenous, Jan 29, 2017.

1. RAVenous Win User

Boot Error BCD 0x000000d Can't Recover, Can't Restore

I've been all over the internet trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. Win 10 on my Asus S56C (originally Win8 but upgraded) crashed. I was able to boot from a USB key.
    Repair system does not work
    Tried system restore but I get an error message which reads "Restart computer and select operating system"
    Tried system image recovery but it was not able to locate a system image.

I tried bootrec/rebuildBCD and found one [C] drive with windows. But when I selected it the message read "requested system device cannot be found".

I've inserted a photo of all the volumes I found when I listed them. I'm not sure how but can any of these help me? (Yeah, I took a picture and loaded it to another computer, I'm not proud).

Boot Error BCD 0x000000d Can't Recover, Can't Restore [​IMG]

I would like to recover the personal files on this computer if possible.
    Can anyone help me figure out where this is going wrong and how to fix it? Thanks so much!

:)

RAVenous, Jan 29, 2017

2. Toshiba - Windows 8.1 to Window 10 Upgrade Problem with Boot

Really not impressed.

Here we go

Got my notification that today I could upgrade. Started the process, one it first restart is shutdown my computer. Now I get an error message and can't restore.

It is a boot problem

\BCD

Error code: 0xC000000d

Boot Configuration Data

So how do I fix this? And get back to Windows 8.1.

KimLewisMad, Jan 29, 2017
  3. Can't access files and now I have a temp account

EDIT: Okay so now it says my boot configuration data is missing or contains errors

File: \Boot\BCD

Error code: 0xc000014c

I do not have installation media, so I can't use that to repair it

Duskshine749, Jan 29, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I would create a bootable USB flash drive of Kyhi's recovery drive. If you already have a bootable Windows 10 installation flash drive, read my quote in the middle of the OP of the thread:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Boot the computer from it, start by running Macrium Reflect. Under the restore menu is a utility to fix Windows startup problems. Run that utility and see if that fixes your booting problem. If not, you can use the recovery drive to copy off anything you want to save and do a fresh install of Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Jan 29, 2017
  5. RAVenous Win User
    It worked! I didn't have to do a fresh install. Sure, it booted up slow but I'm happy it booted at all.
    Thank you so much!

RAVenous, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Boot Error BCD 0x000000d Can't Recover, Can't Restore - Similar Threads - Boot Error BCD

2. it can't boot or recover win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it can't boot or recover win11: non boot winload.efi κωδικός σφάλματος 0xc0000225 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-cant-boot-or-recover-win11/f44e9836-8afe-47c5-bcd3-2857e1aa620f
  3. it can't boot or recover win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it can't boot or recover win11: non boot winload.efi κωδικός σφάλματος 0xc0000225 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-cant-boot-or-recover-win11/f44e9836-8afe-47c5-bcd3-2857e1aa620f
  4. BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f: Suddenly my laptop start getting slow and on the second day start showing blue screen with this code:RecoveryFile:\Boot\BCDError code : 0x000000fI ran boot rec /rebuilkdbcd but it did not solve the problem. system restore is not working as well.Please help me...
  5. BCD corrupted/broken after changing partitions, can't restore

in Windows 10 Support
    BCD corrupted/broken after changing partitions, can't restore: Hi I've been having difficulty for ages with Windows updates not applying successfully, so after the recent hack I was trying again to fix the issue, and came across the possible problem that my Win 10 system reserved partition needed to be bigger than its current 100MB to...
  6. Can't recover bootloader error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't recover bootloader error: [ATTACH] When I booted up my computer today I got this error. I tried all the automatic recovery options with a Windows installation disk, and then did a full format and reinstall of Windows and still kept getting the same error. I even tried the nuclear option on this...
  7. can't boot Grub2 with Win10 BCD boot manager

can't boot Grub2 with Win10 BCD boot manager: For years, I've been able to switch back and forth between Ubuntu's Grub boot manager and Windows 7's boot manager on my laptop's SSD before actually selecting one or the other OS to boot. When I selected Windows on the Grub menu, the Win7 boot manager would present its menu...
  8. Can't rebuild bcd or boot into uefi

Can't rebuild bcd or boot into uefi: I get error code 0xc000000f when i boot into windows from the install disk I did a ubuntu install that went bad now when i try to boot up windows it goes to the grub command line. so far i tried these bootrec /fixboot (doesnt fail) bootrec /fixmbr (doesnt fail) bootrec...
  9. Windows 10 Can't boot, error 0xc000000f,\Boot\BCD not found.

Windows 10 Can't boot, error 0xc000000f,\Boot\BCD not found.: Hello forumers. Yesterday I removed dual booting Linux and after that my Windows 10 won't boot up. I have tried everything. The cmd commands: bootrec /FixMbr; bootrec /FixBoot; bootrec /RebuildBcd; Bcdboot commands and everything. Then I tried Refreshing PC what says: Drive...
  10. \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem with my W10 system, it is not booting and whatever I try is not working. I can't refresh/repair the PC because my drive is "locked" Startup repair doesn't work, no explanation. None of the solutions the Windows 10 DVD/media offers works I tried...