Windows 10: Boot error

Discus and support Boot error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, guys please I need help my laptop won't boot it displays error code 0x00000e9 and I'm unable to access the F8 menu. Any ideas pls? 85259 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rashmus01, May 23, 2017.

1. Rashmus01 Win User

Boot error

Hi, guys please I need help my laptop won't boot it displays error code 0x00000e9 and I'm unable to access the F8 menu. Any ideas pls?

:)

Rashmus01, May 23, 2017

2. Windows Phone 8.1 update on Nokia Lumia 925 error 80188309

Same problem.

With Lumia 1520 (Dutch phone with os v. 8.0.10532.166).

First downloading, than preparation (where 96% takes a bit looonger)

Than it starts installing, at 2% is suddenly gives the famous error..

Marco Boot, May 23, 2017
  3. Das-Boot Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key Blocked

I had the same thing.

I did the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade and activated Windows 10 successfully. I then downloaded the media creation kit, created a bootable USB and did a fresh installation of Windows 10. This second installation would not activate and told me the key
    had been blocked.

I spent about two hours on the phone to Microsoft who failed to get it activated. It's been escalated to their tier III support and I'm getting a call back this evening. I'll come back here and report how I got on.

Das-Boot, May 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Boot error

Hi, F8 is deprecated in Win 10- not enabled by default.

The error message may indicate a corrupted boot sector or difficulty communicating with your disk.

Please complete your system specs. (See mine for comparison).

At present we haven't a clue if it's a laptop/desktop/HDD/SSHD/SSD or even a tablet...

History: Could you tell me what happened between when your PC was last working, and now?
    E.g.
    -the dog chewed through the power cord and the PC suddenly went off
    -my little brother pushed my laptop off the table
    -it was fine yesterday, but when I switched it on today...
    etc.

Please download and create Kyhi's bootable disk from the top of the Software and Apps section.
    (You can use a DVD or USB drive).

Make sure your BiOS is configured to boot first from your chosen device.

Boot your PC from that disk, and you should see the desktop shown where you downloaded the iso.

Now run HDTune to check your disk and post the result.

If ok, run Macrium Reflect.
    Macrium Reflect is also on that disk, and has a useful means of attempting to correct boot problems.
    Fixing Windows boot problems - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Try that and check it succeeds.

If so, remove Kyhi's disk and try rebooting your PC

dalchina, May 23, 2017
  5. Landi Win User
    I usually need to unplug all of my devices connected to make it work on the computer, but you are using laptop and the only solution is making bootable drive and repair your windows.

Landi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Boot error

1. Boot error - Similar Threads - Boot error

2. Boot error randomly when turning on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot error randomly when turning on computer: Tried to turn on my computer and it returned 0xc000000f, it had turned off while I was reading up on the error and returned 0xc000000d. Not entirely sure what the next step to take is...
  3. Boot error randomly when turning on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot error randomly when turning on computer: Tried to turn on my computer and it returned 0xc000000f, it had turned off while I was reading up on the error and returned 0xc000000d. Not entirely sure what the next step to take is...
  4. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...: My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code 0x000000f also saying the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Can anyone help?...
  5. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...: My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code 0x000000f also saying the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Can anyone help?...
  6. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup boot errors: G’day guysJust tried to restart my windows 10 PC after installing one of my old dvd rom video games from windows 7, now every time I try to boot up and it comes up with the same issue. C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Log file.I have already reset windows 10 and...
  8. Startup boot errors

Startup boot errors: G’day guysJust tried to restart my windows 10 PC after installing one of my old dvd rom video games from windows 7, now every time I try to boot up and it comes up with the same issue. C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Log file.I have already reset windows 10 and...
  9. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot: I've recently have been having problems with my ram. I currently have 4 sticks in my system and it runs fine the first time I started it. Upon reboot, I get several errors.Disk scan PC Needs to be repaired: File: \windows\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys Error Code: 0x0000221 PC...