Windows 10: Boot failure after chkdsk /r No bootable image found

Discus and support Boot failure after chkdsk /r No bootable image found in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Post in progress...………………….. This notebook computer had 3 drives: 750 GB HD 32 GB SSD 1000 GB HD The 750 GB works with the 32 GB SSD as RAID 0 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zbook, Jul 27, 2018.

1. zbook Win User

Boot failure after chkdsk /r No bootable image found

Post in progress...…………………..

This notebook computer had 3 drives:
    750 GB HD
    32 GB SSD
    1000 GB HD

The 750 GB works with the 32 GB SSD as RAID 0 with the 32 GB working as flash cache.
    The 1000 GB HD is storage.

Yesterday chkdsk /scan was ran which found problematic files and suggested chkdsk /spotfix.
    Chkdsk /x /r /v was ran overnight.

The next morning the computer booted to wallpaper and logon.
    After logon the computer crashed with BSOD:
    System thread exception not handled
    iastora.sys
    preparing automatic repair
    The OS could not be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors.
    File \Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    0xc0000098
    You'll need recovery
    cap lock and numerical lock had flashed

The notebook computer has default onboard BIOS UEFI diagnostics for HD and memory.
    The version is 1.6.1.0

The HD diagnostics were ran and displayed pass for each SMART, short and long DST.
    The results did not indicate which drive was tested.
    The 32 GB SSD and the 1 TB storage drive were then removed and the testing was repeated.
    The HD diagnostics were ran and displayed pass for each SMART, short, and long DST.
    The long DST testing on the 750 GB 7200 RPM HD took approximagely 2 hours and 35 minutes.
    The memory testing took 10 minutes and displayed pass for 32 GB RAM.

A power reset was done by removing the battery and power cord and holding down the on/off button for more than 30 seconds.

Power on displayed the HP logo. There was no Microsoft icon or rotating dots.
    Every subsequent power on displayed:
    No bootable image found, notebook will be shut down.

:)

zbook, Jul 27, 2018

2. failure chkdsk /f /r

Early this AM I attempted to update windows version 1607 to version 1703 using the windows update

Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4014184/windows-10-creators-update-here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The windows 1703 update failed.

It displayed error code: 0xc19001200

A google search indicated that may be related to an inadequate partition size?

I am a novice with diskpart and entered some commands to view the partition information.

When I was done I typed exit.

Then I typed chkdsk and it displayed errors.

Just a few days earlier I had placed the computer into clean boot.

sfc /scannow and dism restorehealth completed successfully.

chkdsk had displayed no errors.

A chkdsk /f /r scan was ran anyway.

I did not know how to check the log files for each of the chkdsk results in the event viewer.

How could that be done to to provide that information on this post?

After the windows update failure and assessing the diskpart information I again ran chkdsk and it displayed errors.

Chkdsk /f /r was run just now and after it completed it went to the desktop.

Administrative command prompt was opened and chkdsk was run. It is now displaying errors that were not fixed by chkdsk /f /r.

How do you troubleshoot this?

Also earlier this week I had been working with HP on another issue. They sent to me a file to run on my pc. It generated a cab and txt file that I then sent to them for analysis. They found no hardware problems.

The files are not backed up and I have other computers to use but the files are critical on this computer.

This computer had a clean install just a few weeks ago in a Microsoft store. There they had saved the files in a windows pe environment. They formatted the internal hard drive, reinstalled windows 10 version 1607, drivers, files and some applications.
    They also had checked the hardware.

These were the diskpart commands and chkdsk earlier in the day (before the chkdsk /f /r repair): diskpark one 4 6 2017 from computer with problems updating form windows 10 1607 to 1703.txt

This is a onedrive link to the chkdsk after the chkdsk /f /r and reboot to desktop: chkdsk after chkdsk f r repair displaying errors......post attempted windows 10 1607 to 1703 update on 4 6 2017 part 2.txt

What is happening?

How do you troubleshoot failure of chkdsk /f /r?

How do you upgrade from version 1607 to 1703 with the above error code?

questions_, Jul 27, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    chkdsk /f /r failure to fix errors

How do you troubleshoot chkdsk /f /r failure to fix errors?

Several days earlier chkdsk produced no errors.
    And several days earlier chkdsk /f /r was ran. I did not know how to find and view the log in the eventvwr. How do you find this specific log?

All UEFI hardware diagnostic tests passed in extensive mode.

sfc /scannow displayed no integrity violations.
    dism restore health completed successfully.

Currently the computer is in clean boot while working up boot hangs
    A windows performance recording was made in boot mode.
    Where can the tracings be submitted and interpreted?

How do you troubleshoot windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.969 for chkdsk /f /r failure to fix chkdsk errors?

zbook, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Boot failure after chkdsk /r No bootable image found - Similar Threads - Boot failure chkdsk

2. No bootable image found, notebook will shutdown

in Windows 10 News
    No bootable image found, notebook will shutdown: [IMG]Some Windows users reported that they are unable to use their computers as they see the message No bootable image found, notebook will shutdown when they try to start their HP device. The error message appears when the system fails to find the disk or image which is...
  3. chkdsk D: /r

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk D: /r: After when I am in the Command area as via the admin permissions and use the following command chkdsk D: /r I receive the following message below.Cannot open volume for direct access.Kenneth...
  4. chkdsk D: /r

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk D: /r: After when I am in the Command area as via the admin permissions and use the following command chkdsk D: /r I receive the following message below.Cannot open volume for direct access.Kenneth...
  5. chkdsk D: /r

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. chkdsk /r failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk /r failure: Win 10 ver 2004 When running a Windows Image it gave me a message that it detected bad clusters. I opened a cmd prompt and ran chkdsk /r. It was in Stage 4 with 2 hours left when it rebooted on its own. At the log in screen it showed the usual username, but would not...
  7. No Bootable Image Found, Notebook will shutdown.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Bootable Image Found, Notebook will shutdown.: No Bootable Image Found, Notebook will shutdown. When I go to the BIOS to run a Hard Drive Check I get the message SMART Check Not Installed; Short DST Not Installed. Running Windows 10 on an HP EliteBook. Need Help...
  8. Win10 chkdsk/r.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 chkdsk/r.: Would like to checkdisk/repair but computer says I do not have access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-chkdskr/c59d943f-9519-4afa-92ef-4b8d53cd910c
  9. Win10 chkdsk/r.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 chkdsk/r.: Would like to checkdisk/repair but computer says I do not have access. How can I delete that admin account ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/win10-chkdskr/6f108ef6-2492-4e73-978b-24de34a5862b
  10. chkdsk /f /r failure to fix errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk /f /r failure to fix errors: How do you troubleshoot chkdsk /f /r failure to fix errors? Several days earlier chkdsk produced no errors. And several days earlier chkdsk /f /r was ran. I did not know how to find and view the log in the eventvwr. How do you find this specific log? All UEFI hardware...