Windows 10: Boot Failure error right after fresh install of Win10

Discus and support Boot Failure error right after fresh install of Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to install a new copy of Windows 10 Pro on this desktop. I inserted a 1TB HDD into it, downloaded and created installation USB using media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ahmd, Jun 9, 2018.

1. ahmd Win User

Boot Failure error right after fresh install of Win10

I'm trying to install a new copy of Windows 10 Pro on this desktop. I inserted a 1TB HDD into it, downloaded and created installation USB using media creation tool. Then booted off that USB stick and went through initial steps of installation of fresh copy of Windows 10. It took about 10 minutes to copy files and then did the first reboot. (And booted right back into the initial installation screen off the USB, even though booting to USB is option #2 after booting into HDD.)

OK, so I took the USB stick out and tried booting again. This time I got this:

I then booted into BIOS -> Advanced -> Drive Configuration and got this picture:

Boot Failure error right after fresh install of Win10 [​IMG]

It sees my HDD so why can't it boot from it?

:)

ahmd, Jun 9, 2018

2. win10 restore point failure

My win10 system won't boot after a restore point failure. What steps other than booting into safe mode? If I do a reset, will win10 be restored and my apps and data be ok?

lendapilot, Jun 9, 2018
  3. "CompareExchange128" and failure to install Win10

Hi

RE: CompareExchange128" and failure to install Win10

Hi

Simply downgrade the processor
    Look......at my situation

My PC was a not to old PC but capable of windows 10

Spec:

DDR2 4 x 800Mhz ram,

320Hdd,

cpu intel e7500 2.6Ghz

Win 7 64 bit

Upgraded o/s to win 10 with the above spec - ok

I then decided to upgrade CPU to intel e8500 3.16Ghz. - Fitted no problem.

However PC fail to boot to desk top, an got the dreaded

"CompareExchange128" and failure to install Win10" an NO o/system any more!

Few complex solutions out there - But NO real answers!

I Re-fitted my cpu e7500 - Loaded Win 7 again (fresh install) then Win 10 loaded sucessfully - Problem solved!

As you can see the problem is Possibly CPU related. Simply downgrade CPU to previous one.

Worked for me!

patrickfarq, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

Boot Failure error right after fresh install of Win10

1. Boot Failure error right after fresh install of Win10 - Similar Threads - Boot Failure error

2. Windows 10 boot failures after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 boot failures after fresh reinstall: I came back from ~3 days away from my PC having left it on and it said that windows failed to start, which hasn't happened on this system in the 3 years I've had it. I go through the windows auto troubleshooter, which fails, attempted to repair the BCD which found zero...
  3. Windows 10 boot failures after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 boot failures after fresh reinstall: I came back from ~3 days away from my PC having left it on and it said that windows failed to start, which hasn't happened on this system in the 3 years I've had it. I go through the windows auto troubleshooter, which fails, attempted to repair the BCD which found zero...
  4. Windows 10 boot failures after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows store not working after fresh install of Win10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store not working after fresh install of Win10: As the title suggests, the windows store app is no longer functioning and does not show up in any of my troubleshooting steps. I can physically see the tile in the windows start menu, but nothing happens when I click it does not show up in the apps & features listI've tried...
  6. winload.exe error on first boot after fresh install.

winload.exe error on first boot after fresh install.: Reinstalling windows to a new fresh GPT ssd in UEFI mode, I have other disk drives hooked up, one is an NVME that has my old W10 on it. But I tried installing through a USB and this is what I get when manually selecting the drive in boot order. I've tried this process twice...
  7. install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD?

install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD?: My Boot disc is complicated. Dual boot Win7Pro 64 Sp1 + Linux + a remnant of previous Win10 installation. The Win7 part, my daily driver, has 237 installed programs (noted by Revo). I'm finally ready to give Win10 another go, but I'd prefer to leave intact as much as possible...
  8. Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install: Do you need to install now the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers website or the Win10 install them by itself? I mean for example chipset drivers submitted by /u/MrGohut [link] [comments]...
  9. Fresh win10 install on sshd

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh win10 install on sshd: I had to do my build over as I was having issue with my firecuda sshd booting or even accepting win 10 after cleaning and formatting and redownloading I reinstalled from usb to the ssd win 10 os this time I got a miracle and with the ssd being the only thing in my bios that...
  10. Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

in Windows 10 Support
    Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit: Hello guys.. I was running Windows 10 alongside linux mint on a different partition. I deleted the partition for linux mint but that made me regret as I ran into a series of trouble and messed up everything.. I decided to delete my win10 partition as well in hope to fix the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot manager error 1/o after fresh windows isntrall m.2