Windows 10: Boot Failure tp 9879

Discus and support Boot Failure tp 9879 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just installed this upgrade. and found that at the end when it did a reboot that the screen ended with a flashing cursor in the upper left of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shipinomore10, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Boot Failure tp 9879

I just installed this upgrade. and found that at the end when it did a reboot that the screen ended with a flashing cursor in the upper left of the screen. I waited for some time and finally did a reboot and held the F12 key and then moved down to boot from the hard drive. It worked and have since been doing it.
    Has this happened to anyone else? not sure how I will resolve it for future. had thought that the next update may fix it. I am running 8.1 Pro then did the update to 9841 then to 9860 and then today did 9879.
    Larry

:)

shipinomore10, Nov 16, 2014

2. How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

Successfully updated from 9860 to 9879 on 12/01/14. Don't know why it worked this time, since Win10 has not been booted since the failure on 11/25/14.

BTW, after the failure, it automatically reverted back to 9860.

Rocket_Scientist, Nov 16, 2014
  3. NHKomaiha Win User
    Can't install windows 10 insider preview

When i upgraded from windows 8.1 pro x64,
    the same thing happened (BOOT LOOP)

I tried:

-Updating from Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (9879) TO 10 Technical Preview (9926):
    WORKED

-Updating from Windows 10 TP (9926) TO 10 Insider Preview (10049, 10074, 10136, and 10147):
    BOOT LOOP (after first restart while installing)

-Updating from Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (9879)
    TO Windows 10 IP (10147): BOOT LOOP (after first restart while installing)

-Fresh install Windows 10 IP (10049 and 10147) by making a bootable SD Card: BOOT LOOP (after first restart while installing)

-Fresh install Windows 10 IP (10147) INSIDE VIRTUALBOX IN LINUX MINT 17.2 MATE: Enters windows setup wizard, reaches "Please Wait" (after selecting Express
    settings) and, pop! RESTARTING, again again again and again...

NHKomaiha, Nov 16, 2014
  4. AddRAM Win User

Boot Failure tp 9879

Wait, you were running 8.1 Pro, then you updated to Windows 10 Enterprise 9841, 9860, 9879 through updates ?

Why not clean install 9879 ?

Please explain exactly what you did, Why would you wipe out your 8.1 Pro ?

So now you`re running Windows 10 Enterprise Build 9879 ?

AddRAM, Nov 16, 2014
  5. this is a spare machine I picked up. So I had 8 pro that I got way back for 39 dollars when testing 8. so I installed it updated to 8.1 pro. then I had the idea to upgrade it. worked so far except for the problem in booting up.
    Larry

shipinomore10, Nov 16, 2014
  6. My upgrade to 9879 initially went well. It went through numerous reboots & setting up procedures before finishing with something that resembled exactly what I had before, apart from the Windows.old directory.

I checked for further upgrades & there was just one marked as important which I installed; on completion prompted me that reboot was required being scheduled for the next day.

I duly switched on the PC the next day & all was well but was again reminded that a reboot was required. The PC was rebooted & all appeared to go well with the usual blue Windows 'flag' & circulating dots but the screen then went completely black with virtually no HD activity whatsoever. I waited what seemed to be an age with still no activity, or indication as to what might be happening. The PC was left for several more minutes before CTRL, ALT. DEL was pressed with no response. I rebooted the PC & the same process encountered yet again.

By this time I was beginning to think that something had gone disastrously wrong with the upgrade & reverted back to my Windows 7 build to search for any clues & decided to download the new ISO build with the prospect of doing a re-install. Time prevented me from completing the download & decided to reboot into Windows 10T 9879 just one more time & after several minutes on the black screen, it suddenly burst into life.

Thankfully, all is now OK but lack of information during the reboot when the screen went black is just not good!

WightWalker, Nov 16, 2014
  7. gregrocker, Nov 21, 2014
  8. Saltgrass Win User

Boot Failure tp 9879

You need to check the Bios and make sure the correct boot device is listed first in Boot Priority.

Some folks have seen some strange activity regarding hard drives and another drive or device may have been placed in front of the correct boot device.

Saltgrass, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot Failure tp 9879

1. Boot Failure tp 9879 - Similar Threads - Boot Failure 9879

2. Boot failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot failure: Hello Microsoft communityI have been facing issues with the startup, it doesn’t start upLaptop: Alienware 17 R5 i7 1. It’s also not going into auto repair modeI have added screenshotsPlease help in fixing this issuesThanks...
  3. Booting failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting failure: My PC was booting and brings black with curser and i gave someone to fix for me but he changed active partition and other things which i'm not familiar with and now it wont boot and it only opens into boot menu Please can you me to get solution also if the solution will need...
  4. Boot Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Failure: Hi i have been having a boot failure at startup and a message saying to install disk to repair the problem. but i lost my installation disk a while back . I think i had ordered a copy of my instillation disk but i cant remember where it was from. If anyone can offer some...
  5. Boot failure

Boot failure: Windows 10. After overnight shutdown PC won't boot. Monitor blank. No POST. After several minutes switch off and try again. Boot success on second or third attempt. Event viewer shows "unexpected shutdown"...
  6. Boot failure

Boot failure: I noticed that some viruses and trojans had infected my Windows 10 pro desktop. Therefore I tried uninstalling those trojans from control panel>uninstall a program. After that when I rebooted my desktop, the windows boot screen appeared and after that instead of taking me to...
  7. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  8. OneDrive in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  9. Win TP wants to be first in boot order

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win TP wants to be first in boot order: I downloaded the new 9860 Win TP today and noticed a few interesting boot problems. I am using 3 separate SSD's: One with Win 7 HP 64 bit, the second with Win 8.1 Pro and the 3rd with Win 10 TP. I am using a Asus Maximus V Gene mob and the legacy BIOS option. In the...
  10. build 9879 clean install with duel boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    build 9879 clean install with duel boot.: HI all, I have a partitioned drive running win 7 and win 10tp. I am just downloading 9879 build iso to perform a clean install. i have read on the forums that this build is causing duel boot problems and trashing the win7 (which is my primary boot O/S)partition. the...