Windows 10: Boot from CD/DVD

Discus and support Boot from CD/DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to run the gparted (Linux app) booting from the CDROM. Now I do not find the option for booting from CD/DVD in windows 10 any more. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by flemmingkk, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Boot from CD/DVD

I need to run the gparted (Linux app) booting from the CDROM.

Now I do not find the option for booting from CD/DVD in windows 10 any more. I have done it before, but it seems to have disappeared in Windows 10. Any Ideas?

:)

flemmingkk, Aug 11, 2016
  2. pedhambe Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Mohammed:.

I am unable to boot from the CD/DVD.

I put the downloaded IOS version of Windows 10 on a DVD and changed the boot order on my HP dm4 to put the internal CD/DVD drive at the top of the boot order list. After powering the laptop, it fails to boot from the CD/DVD. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

pedhambe, Aug 11, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    Unexpected shutdown when waking up from sleep or power on

For the slow boot can you go into the BIOS and if the CD/DVD is first boot priority can you make the SSD (where Windows is installed) the first boot priority and/or remove the CD/DVD drive from the boot options,

Detecting the CD/DVD at boot seems to be an issue with AHCI.

Have you had an unexpected shutdown recently?

auggy, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Boot from CD/DVD

Don't think it's a Windows thing but involves the BIOS. During the initial startup you should get a prompt on the black screen to press a key [F10 or F12 maybe] to select what you want to boot to, been that way for quite awhile. Some BIOSes need either F2 or Del key to be pressed so as to enter the BIOS Setup and select boot devices and order of searching for boot files.

Berton, Aug 11, 2016
  5. Since Windows 10 this procedure has not worked.
    My laptop is an ASUS UX31E. I found a procedure which should have solved the problem: Windows 10 - How to enter BIOS configuration?.
    I got into the BIOS setup, but there was no option to change the boot drive.
    Any Ideas?

flemmingkk, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Slippery Win User
    I'm still able to change boot devices in Win 10 Pro by holding "shift" and pushing restart. YMMV

Slippery, Aug 11, 2016
  7. after updating to 10 in OEM PCs BOOT mode is changed to UEFI> some time you have to manually add a boot option.
    Please share make and model of your motherboard/// or Model of your Laptop/computer

manish9009, Aug 11, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

Boot from CD/DVD

Could be on newer OEM computers but none of my OEM computers, Desktops and Notebooks, had to change but then they are 3 years of age and a bit older. I do have a 2 year old Tablet that is UEFI Upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10.

Berton, Aug 11, 2016
  9. How can I add a boot option? My laptop is an ASUS Zenbook UX31E

flemmingkk, Aug 12, 2016
  10. manish9009, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Boot from CD/DVD

1. Boot from CD/DVD - Similar Threads - Boot DVD

2. So i need to boot ubuntu from a dvd but in the boot menu i don’t know what needs to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i need to boot ubuntu from a dvd but in the boot menu i don’t know what needs to be...: Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-need-to-boot-ubuntu-from-a-dvd-but-in-the/71d597b1-5610-4bf8-b5f9-db5cbc3bfe29
  3. So i need to boot ubuntu from a dvd but in the boot menu i don’t know what needs to be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So i need to boot ubuntu from a dvd but in the boot menu i don’t know what needs to be...: Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-need-to-boot-ubuntu-from-a-dvd-but-in-the/71d597b1-5610-4bf8-b5f9-db5cbc3bfe29
  4. my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...: In the name of GODhello EVERYONE!I need to your help to install a windows by flash drive .__ I bootabled a usb to install windows from usb . it's working on other computers and i installed windows in other computers but not working in my computer __ I tryed to install windows...
  5. my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...

my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...: In the name of GODhello EVERYONE!I need to your help to install a windows by flash drive .__ I bootabled a usb to install windows from usb . it's working on other computers and i installed windows in other computers but not working in my computer __ I tryed to install windows...
  6. Can't boot Windows 10 off a USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot Windows 10 off a USB or DVD: Installed LInux Mint 21 on a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I bricked Linux when trying to install a program. I went into Windows and deleted the partition Linux was on. I erased the disk and reinstalled Linux Mint 21. I tried to reinstall Windows 10 from both a USB and a DVD...
  7. Can't boot Windows 10 off a USB or DVD

Can't boot Windows 10 off a USB or DVD: Installed LInux Mint 21 on a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I bricked Linux when trying to install a program. I went into Windows and deleted the partition Linux was on. I erased the disk and reinstalled Linux Mint 21. I tried to reinstall Windows 10 from both a USB and a DVD...
  8. Can't boot Windows 10 off a USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 doesn't boot from OS, USB, DVD and F11 recovery doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't boot from OS, USB, DVD and F11 recovery doesn't work: Like others I noticed that after a recent update, the BSOD appeared more often. Today, Windows 10 failed to boot and the blue screen turned black with no cursor.Things I've tried:The UEFI memory and hard-disc checks, accessible via F2. The laptop passed both tests...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't boot from OS, USB, DVD and F11 recovery doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doesn't boot from OS, USB, DVD and F11 recovery doesn't work: Like others I noticed that after a recent update, the BSOD appeared more often. Today, Windows 10 failed to boot and the blue screen turned black with no cursor.Things I've tried:The UEFI memory and hard-disc checks, accessible via F2. The laptop passed both tests...