Windows 10: Boot from LAN?

Discus and support Boot from LAN? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A couple of my computers have boot from LAN capability in bios. I am getting a DLink DNS-325 next week with 2 3tb drives. Anybody know if I can setup a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NavyLCDR, Aug 18, 2015.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Boot from LAN?

A couple of my computers have boot from LAN capability in bios. I am getting a DLink DNS-325 next week with 2 3tb drives. Anybody know if I can setup a way to boot to a Windows install directory extracted onto the NAS from an ISO file in case of emergency? I can just pop in a USB, but I like to be different Boot from LAN? :).

:)

NavyLCDR, Aug 18, 2015

2. Windows Phone 8.1 update on Nokia Lumia 925 error 80188309

Same problem.

With Lumia 1520 (Dutch phone with os v. 8.0.10532.166).

First downloading, than preparation (where 96% takes a bit looonger)

Than it starts installing, at 2% is suddenly gives the famous error..

Marco Boot, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Das-Boot Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key Blocked

I had the same thing.

I did the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade and activated Windows 10 successfully. I then downloaded the media creation kit, created a bootable USB and did a fresh installation of Windows 10. This second installation would not activate and told me the key
    had been blocked.

I spent about two hours on the phone to Microsoft who failed to get it activated. It's been escalated to their tier III support and I'm getting a call back this evening. I'll come back here and report how I got on.

Das-Boot, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Boot from LAN?

1. Boot from LAN? - Similar Threads - Boot LAN

2. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  3. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  4. My pc boots up with the wrong ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc boots up with the wrong ssd: I built my pc and installed a 1tb ssd and downloaded windows 11 on the 1tb ssd then I bought a 2tb ssd. When I installed the new 2tb ssd I removed the old 1tb ssd and installed windows on the new 2tb then I plug back the old 1tb ssd. I have both on my pc now. I turn on my pc...
  5. My Lenovo window7 can't boot it says in the boot menu . PCI LAN : IBA GE SLOT 00C8 v1366

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Lenovo window7 can't boot it says in the boot menu . PCI LAN : IBA GE SLOT 00C8 v1366: My Lenovo window7 can't boot it says in the boot menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-window7-cant-boot-it-says-in-the-boot/2de83ef4-657b-4443-88ff-1243ec54a057
  6. My Lenovo window7 can't boot it says in the boot menu . PCI LAN : IBA GE SLOT 00C8 v1366

My Lenovo window7 can't boot it says in the boot menu . PCI LAN : IBA GE SLOT 00C8 v1366: My Lenovo window7 can't boot it says in the boot menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-window7-cant-boot-it-says-in-the-boot/2de83ef4-657b-4443-88ff-1243ec54a057
  7. Windows 10 Does not Connect to LAN on First Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Does not Connect to LAN on First Boot: Have a Win 10 Pro 64-bit machine on our network that will not connect to the LAN on the 1st boot. It has to be rebooted and then will connect.It has been doing this for some time, ever since it was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 last year. At the time, Win 10 was installed,...
  8. Windows 10 Does not Connect to LAN on First Boot

Windows 10 Does not Connect to LAN on First Boot: Have a Win 10 Pro 64-bit machine on our network that will not connect to the LAN on the 1st boot. It has to be rebooted and then will connect.It has been doing this for some time, ever since it was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 last year. At the time, Win 10 was installed,...
  9. Windows 10 Does not Connect to LAN on First Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. After a Cold Boot, My LAN Connection Is Disconnected From My Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After a Cold Boot, My LAN Connection Is Disconnected From My Network: I recently built a custom PC and every time I shut down my computer for the night and turn it on in the morning, the internet is always disconnected. Originally this used to happen after my computer went to sleep for a long period of time, but I fixed that by turning off...