Windows 10: Boot from Pen without success

Discus and support Boot from Pen without success in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, Trying to boot from a pendrive connected to usb3.0 port with a linux iso image to instal it side by side with win 10 without success on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by babuja, Nov 17, 2017.

1. babuja Win User

Boot from Pen without success

Hi guys,

Trying to boot from a pendrive connected to usb3.0 port with a linux iso image to instal it side by side with win 10 without success on my old asus n82jv with win10.

I just select boot from pen but it boots win10 as normal...not from pen.

Any help very appreciate
    Boot from Pen without success [​IMG]

:)

babuja, Nov 17, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Not able to download Version 1607

Yes a Pen drive of 4GB or greater is OK

If you create the Installation on a pen drive, boot from the pen drive - change boot order in BIOS or in the case of an upgrade, run setup.exe on the pen drive from inside Windows 10

Alternatively, On Windows 10 you can run an ISO by double clicking it and it will be mounted as a virtual DVD then open Setup.exe to run the upgrade.

DaveM121, Nov 17, 2017
  3. Faller Win User
    Installing preinstalled Win 10 on SSD on new PC

Thanks for the advice. I made some progress:

I managed to create a recovery pen drive and installed SSD. Then I made the a BIOS to boot from this pen drive: the recovery took place, without a question about which drive should be the system drive. And the system was on my HDD as before.

How can I direct the recovery to put the system to the SSD, not the HDD?

Faller, Nov 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 17, 2017
  5. babuja Win User
    babuja, Nov 17, 2017
  6. How did you create your Pen. Did you use Media Creation Tool. To boot UEFI it must be formatted FAT32.

Ken

Recommend using MCT to create.

Caledon Ken, Nov 17, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
  8. babuja Win User

I've just downloaded mint from official site and saved it to the pen I'm trying to boot from...but ill try Rufus

babuja, Nov 17, 2017
  9. Plankton Win User
    Yeah....that's not how that works....LOL. You didn't know. Once the ISO is downloaded you have to create a bootable device.....ie DVD or USB drive. I find Rufus to be the best option hands down for the USB option.

You can mount the ISO image directly....this bypass's the need to create a bootable device. Just right click on the ISO and select mount, it virtually mounts the ISO so you can install the OS. Once the install is done and your all boot back up to windows open up file explorer and the right click the ISO that is mounted and right click on unmount it.

Plankton, Nov 17, 2017
  10. babuja Win User
    Now that im on the right track...but no luke eithrr, when i hit enter it says it can't access device

babuja, Nov 17, 2017
  11. Caledon Ken, Nov 17, 2017
  12. babuja Win User
    I've tried it and i could boot from pen but its stuck in a black monitor

babuja, Nov 17, 2017
  13. Plankton Win User

I'm surprised you even got windows 10 to work on that laptop. It's not supported (7 and Vista) and because of that your are using windows 10 generic drivers. This may be the root cause of your issue. You might want to try and install all your necessary and needed drivers in compatibility mode. If that will even work. You might want to check your BIOS version and update that as well.

If this were mine: I would factory reset the laptop. Check BIOS and update to latest version (version 212 is the latest), and I would leave it at that.

Plankton, Nov 17, 2017
  14. Plankton Win User
    Just for kicks....can you post a screen shot of your device manager? I want to see if you have any errors showing up.

Plankton, Nov 17, 2017
  15. babuja Win User
    On the right track, thanks guys

babuja, Nov 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Boot from Pen without success - Similar Threads - Boot Pen without

2. Transferring music files from PC to Android phone without success

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring music files from PC to Android phone without success: I'm trying to download music from PC to Android phone with USB cable. I cannot download even one music file before this message pops up: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device." Windows Media Player works fine on the computer. I have...
  3. Transferring music files from PC to Android phone without success

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring music files from PC to Android phone without success: I'm trying to download music from PC to Android phone with USB cable. I cannot download even one music file before this message pops up: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device." Windows Media Player works fine on the computer. I have...
  4. Window 11 will not successful boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 will not successful boot: I've been getting multiple blue screen error codes while running window. Now I am unable to successfully load windows. Windows startup recovery fails. Trying to boot it into safe mode Fails with a blue screen every time. Windows reset fails. It's hard to tell if it's a...
  5. Window 11 will not successful boot

Window 11 will not successful boot: I've been getting multiple blue screen error codes while running window. Now I am unable to successfully load windows. Windows startup recovery fails. Trying to boot it into safe mode Fails with a blue screen every time. Windows reset fails. It's hard to tell if it's a...
  6. Computer can't boot successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer can't boot successfully: Using an ASUS TUF506 Laptop with windows 10 installed on a single m.2 ssd. After restarting one day, on boot before the windows boot manager finished while the circle of white dots was still spinning a bsod appeared with the error message critical_process_died. I will provide...
  7. Computer can't boot successfully

Computer can't boot successfully: Using an ASUS TUF506 Laptop with windows 10 installed on a single m.2 ssd. After restarting one day, on boot before the windows boot manager finished while the circle of white dots was still spinning a bsod appeared with the error message critical_process_died. I will provide...
  8. Computer can't boot successfully

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 does not boot successfully without USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 does not boot successfully without USB flash drive.: Hello, I did an oopsie by deleting my Ubuntu partition, containing the GRUB menu. I was unable to boot my PC into windows or even get the GRUB menu working of course, since I deleted it on accident Face palming. I went to my nearest store, got a 16gb sandisk USB Flash Drive,...
  10. Trying to upgrade from OEM license to retail license without success

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to upgrade from OEM license to retail license without success: I have bought a new laptop that comes with an OEM license preinstalled. I want to transfer the retail license that I had on my old pc to the new pc but I get an activation error when I try to enter the activation key. I also have removed the old pc from my account to be sure...