Windows 10: Boot Issues on WHS 2011 after Clone plus other memory errors

Discus and support Boot Issues on WHS 2011 after Clone plus other memory errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI Guys I will try not to bore you to death just background really. Upgraded my WHS 2011 Server to keep pace with today's media and stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thorrrr, Apr 26, 2017.

1. thorrrr Win User

Boot Issues on WHS 2011 after Clone plus other memory errors

HI Guys

I will try not to bore you to death just background really.

Upgraded my WHS 2011 Server to keep pace with today's media and stop buffering my multi-streaming with Plex.

First, I replaced my i3 CPU with an i7-2700k had my first issue PC would not boot until I started removing RAM sticks. I finally got it to work with both stick this morning but had to put them in bays 2 & $ to work. But Pc picking them up when I checked with Speccy.

I then went on to swap my old HDD with an SSD I used Macuirim Reflect to clone. I have now hit another issue I can get into my O/S but the boot up is screwed up.

This is what I get a fast ticking sound then I get the double boot into Windows Boot Manager screen asking me to select the correct O/S.Only one O/S listed I select it and I boot directly into WHS 2011 with no issues.
    But I cannot get a clean boot always the double boot into Window Boot Manager Screen with a fast clicking sound.!!!
    I have tried with the old HDD and I get the same error so not sure if the cloning has done this or the CPU change.

Also checking the health of my other HDD as the server says one is overheating.

Please note the server was 100% healthy before and has been for years. My tinkering with the upgrade has caused it to get upset.

So on a sliding scale of importance, i need help with the following.

1. Stop the Windows Boot Manger keep popping up
    2. What's is the fast clicking sound that is making the PC double boot?
    3 Why are the Memory Slots 1,3 not happy with sticks in them when they have been for years.

Please help

Server Spec:

• OS Windows WHS 2011
    • Intel Core i7 2700K @ 3.50GHzSandy Bridge 32nm Technology
    • Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 Intel H67 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio mATX Motherbaord
      • Chipset Intel® H67 Express Chipset
      • Intel Core i7 i5 and i3 LGA1155 package
      • 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
      • Dual channel memory architecture
      • Support for DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
      • Support for non-ECC memory modules
    • Case Coolermaster Elite 330 Black Mid Tower Case
      • M/B Tytpe microATX or ATX
      • 3.5" Drive Bays 1 (exposed), 5 (hidden)
      • Expansion Slots 7
      • Power Suply Standard ATX PS2
    • Power Supply Coolermaster Elite Power 500W Fully Wired Efficient Power Supply
    • Memory Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz Memory Kit Unbuffered CL9

:)

thorrrr, Apr 26, 2017

2. Win10, v1607 Update: WHS 2011 Launchpad does not work

Thanks for the reply Syed. I followed your link but could not find a WHS forum on TechNet (only 'General', in business server). However, I did find a link to social.microsoft and posted in their

WHS 2011 forum.

This forum stuff is very confussing - I miss the old MS forums so much.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Cheers,

Chris

P.S. The answer was to exit Launchpad, leave it, and re-boot. Launchpad loaded on boot and signed me automatically, as it should. (Exiting Launchpad but not re-booting the laptop did not work.) However, there is no 'Mark as Answer' option for this post...

ChrisOfTheOT, Apr 26, 2017
  3. robmikwv Win User
    Windows 10 compatibly issues with WHS2011

has anyone tried to use W10 with WHS 2011...had to go back to W7 when I finally re-acquired access to WHS 2011..W10 blew out the WHS 2011 connector..'bout never got it back up!!

robmikwv, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

Boot Issues on WHS 2011 after Clone plus other memory errors

1. Boot Issues on WHS 2011 after Clone plus other memory errors - Similar Threads - Boot Issues WHS

2. Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues: I recently went away for a few days and upon returning my pc wont boot to windows, giving the above error stating File: \Boot\BCD, Status: 0xc000000f and Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.Ive tried just about everything I can at this...
  3. Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues: I recently went away for a few days and upon returning my pc wont boot to windows, giving the above error stating File: \Boot\BCD, Status: 0xc000000f and Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.Ive tried just about everything I can at this...
  4. Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dual boot with cloning issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dual boot with cloning issue: I want to take the working 120gig kingston with Win 7 and clone it to a completely new drive 240gig drive (NOTE : the drive already has a working copy of Win 10 on it that can be erased) : Looking to figure out how to i) FORMAT the 240gig drive for this procedure ii) what...
  6. Memory and other hardware issues...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory and other hardware issues...: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, version 2004 (OS Build 19041.630)... I haven't been dealing with hardware issues for long time, kind of rusty, could use some help... Couple of weeks ego, the system started to throw BSODs and the issue was related to "MEMORY_MANEGEMENT". A quick run...
  7. In search of hotfix for WHS 2011

in Windows 10 Support
    In search of hotfix for WHS 2011: I've been running WHS 2011 to backup my system for a number of years w/o any issues. I recently built a new W10 system and added that and it was working just fine. However I decided to add OPTANE to speed up my data drive which meant I also needed to convert my system & data...
  8. Memory Management BSOD Plus Others

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Management BSOD Plus Others: Very frustrating problem going on right now. A week ago I got my first BSOD for Memory Management. Did some extensive searching and testing then determined that my RAM was failing. This only scratches the surface of my problems... I will list what I have tested/fixed and...
  9. Win 10 whs 2011 2753 cannot uninstall connector no launchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 whs 2011 2753 cannot uninstall connector no launchpad: Hi Everyone, This problem is on the last of eight machines I am upgrading. On all the others after installation the WHS connector did not work. I uninstalled it, restarted, reinstalled it and everything was Hunky Dory. Not this time! The connector would not uninstall -...
  10. Domestic Dispute between Win10 & WHS 2011 re Homegroup :(

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domestic Dispute between Win10 & WHS 2011 re Homegroup :(: HI Guys Been trying for over a week to get my Homegroup (HG) to talk but they are having none of it. Whichever side i setup they see one another but will not join up. I have gone to each machine and removed the .sst files from...