Windows 10: Boot Issues Screen Flicker

Discus and support Boot Issues Screen Flicker in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I updated the other day to build 17134.228 and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes off and on and the brand name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andyouf, Aug 17, 2018.

1. andyouf Win User

Boot Issues Screen Flicker

Hi,

I updated the other day to build 17134.228 and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes off and on and the brand name is back up again and normal boot resumes.

Anyone else see this occurrence in this or other instances or have any ideas?

:)

andyouf, Aug 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 update wont boot ,screen just flickers

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Does that mean you are able to access the desktop and the issue with the boot has fixed?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed?
    If the boot issue has been fixed and you are now receiving a flickering screen, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12374/windows-10-troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Boot Issues Screen Flicker

screen flickering before booting to desktop

Hi,

This issue with flickering screen in Windows 10 could have happened due to incompatible or outdated driver. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to troubleshoot flickering screen.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Boot Issues Screen Flicker

1. Boot Issues Screen Flicker - Similar Threads - Boot Issues Screen

2. Screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering issue: I am facing screen flickering issue I try to update my AMD driver and I think I installed the wrong one. And also I didn't deleted my old driver before installing the new one is it necessary? .I went to a shop to fix it but they said its happening because of my screen is...
  3. Screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering issue: I am facing screen flickering issue I try to update my AMD driver and I think I installed the wrong one. And also I didn't deleted my old driver before installing the new one is it necessary? .I went to a shop to fix it but they said its happening because of my screen is...
  4. Screen Flickering Issue

Screen Flickering Issue: Good day everyone!I have been using windows 11 for a while without facing much issues. I honestly have no idea if this was caused by a recent update, however, what happened was my screen started to flicker. Every time it happened, I was using Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Word...
  5. Screen Flickering Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Issue: Good day everyone!I have been using windows 11 for a while without facing much issues. I honestly have no idea if this was caused by a recent update, however, what happened was my screen started to flicker. Every time it happened, I was using Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Word...
  6. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  7. Screen Flickering Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering Issue: Respeted sir I have problem in playing game due to flickering of the screen, my home screen doesn't flickers but when I run transformers or farcry 3 It start flickering. Please help me to fix this problem...
  8. Screen Flickering & Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Flickering & Blinking issue: Few months ago i tried to install Linux (Ubuntu) in my HP Notebook. After installing, the screen starts flickering & blinking. Couldn't solve it. So i get back to windows but facing the same issue here in windows also. I have two graphics card. One is Intel HD graphics 620 &...
  9. Screen Flicker on Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flicker on Boot: Hi, I had posted about this over at Nvidia forums and got a nice snarky reply. If anyone else is having issues or ideas please let me know (although I have already posted about this). My main reason is to ask whether it is possible for a Windows update to affect my PC's bios...
  10. Screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen flickering issue: I have windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron N 4010. After installing Windows 10 i have noticed that the screen starts to flicker. But when i connect the system to a projector, no flickering happens on the projected screen, where as the same continues of my laptop screen. Please...