Windows 10: Boot Loop after the Windows 10 Creators Update

Discus and support Boot Loop after the Windows 10 Creators Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, greetings all from Argentina. I upgraded my laptop to the new Windows build, and now I can't boot to Windows, it keeps restarting when the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JW10, May 21, 2017.

1. JW10 Win User

Boot Loop after the Windows 10 Creators Update

Hi, greetings all from Argentina. I upgraded my laptop to the new Windows build, and now I can't boot to Windows, it keeps restarting when the Windows logo is displayed. I tried to repair the boot from the USB recovery prompt with bootrec /fixboot and bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-us /s v: /f ALL options, but they didn't work. And the System Restore option doesn't work either, just show the message ""To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore.
    Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore"" How can I "restart" if I can't boot?

Can anybody tell me what can I try before I perform a clean install?

Thanks in advance

:)

2. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10 Boot loop after the Creators Upgrade

To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried to run the System File Checker (SFC) tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 21, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Boot loop after the Creators Upgrade

I haven't try The SFC tool since I installed new copy downloaded using Media Creation tool

I reinstalled the anniversary update edition now, but in the future I can't reinstall the Creator Update unless they fix it.

MustafaMahdi, May 21, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

On another pc, install Macrium Reflect Free.

Create a USB Rescue Drive.

Boot from it on your pc.

Select Restore tab and click on link 'fix windows boot problems'.

It should list Windows 10. If so click next, finish. With luck, pc will now be able to boot.

cereberus, May 21, 2017
  5. JW10 Win User
    Thank you for your suggestion. I forgot to mention that I already did a Automatic repair from the USB recovery, but it couldn't fix it either.

I guess I have a bigger problem now. When my laptop powers on, it doesn't show the Windows logo, now it just display a message in a black background that says "No bootable devices". However, my SSD is displayed in the BIOS.

I will try your suggestion, Macrium.

6. zbook New Member
    When you were in the windows 10 troubleshooting menu you tried system restore. Did you try reset with save files or startup options then safe mode with command prompt?
    Can you navigate to safe mode with command prompt and run sfc /scannow?
    If you cannot perform any steps in the windows troubleshooting menu you usually can often interrupt a boot loop by booting to a USB flash drive. Then you can attempt repair using the windows troubleshooting menu on the bootable windows 10 iso.

Obtain a flash drive and create a bootable windows 10 iso:

Download Windows 10

Each computer manufacture has a F key to choose the boot device. Clicking the F key will then allow you to choose the USB flash drive. If it is a custom computer you will likely need to change the boot order.

Then perform an in place upgrade so that you can save files.

If files are backed up or you want a new operating system then perform a clean install deleting partitions, formatting, making an unallocated drive. Then install the new os via the bootable windows 10 iso.

zbook, May 21, 2017
  7. JW10 Win User
    I tried resetting, but I come up with the drive is locked message. I tried all of that from a USB with Windows 10, using F12 from my DELL laptop to access the boot selection. But now I can't try the safe mode since I'm unable to boot at all, since now I have no logo, just a message that says "no bootable devices"

I will try to use macrium and then I will perform a clean install. Luckily that will solve it. I have had upgraded from Windows 7, and I have had problems with the video card when updated the anniversary edition, so my guess is that could be the problem.

8. JW10 Win User

I managed to boot again. Apparently I had changed the Boot Mode Settings, so I changed back toLEGACY; secure boot: OFF

I created the USB recovery with Macrium, booted and fixed the boot problems (the System Reserved partition was selected to boot, so I changed to the one with the Windows folder) and then I restarted the laptop.

After it started to boot, it did a scan of the disk, then an automatic repair with no luck.
    Then I did an sfc, the outcome was:
    "verification 100% completewindows resource protection could not perform the requested operation"

After that I tried once again the repair, and now a new message appeared (Is the new BSOD?):

Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart ...Stop Code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Then a new screen popped up
    RecoveryYour PC couldn't start properly
    After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired. (Really?)Error code: 0xc0000001You'll need to use recovery tools....(Isn't that what I'm doing?)

From there I can go to the startup settings, so I tried safe mode, disable driver signature enforcement, etc. with no luck.

I guess I should start with the clean install...Anyway, thank you for your help.

Cheers!

JW10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Boot Loop after the Windows 10 Creators Update - Similar Threads - Boot Loop Creators

2. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loops on boot, after updating.: I have a PC problem: my Dell Latitude 5401 lap-top now refuses to boot. It powers up for around 18 seconds and the Dell logo appears on the screen, but then it shuts down and repeats this cycle ad nauseam, without ever booting Windows 10, which just had been updated. I...
  3. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loops on boot, after updating.: I have a PC problem: my Dell Latitude 5401 lap-top now refuses to boot. It powers up for around 18 seconds and the Dell logo appears on the screen, but then it shuts down and repeats this cycle ad nauseam, without ever booting Windows 10, which just had been updated. I...
  4. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Boot loop after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop after update.: So i had this problem for 4 days now and i really can't find anything on this.I can get into bios just fine but i can't get anywhere else, it would just shut off and restart the loop all over again...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Loop After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Loop After Windows Update: Last night it said I needed to restart for a windows update, so I restarted. Next thing I know I'm in an endless loop.I have searched for about 3 hours for a way to fix this, tried various things, but none of them have seemed to work. I have tried the following:From advanced...
  7. Boot loop after update

Boot loop after update: My pc entered a boot loop after windows forced an update while I was AFK I've been clicking no every time it tries to update because I don't have enough room on my SSD for it to update and when I got back it just kept showing the windows logo, the swirling dots, and after...
  8. Boot loop after updating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot loop after updating.: I normally disable windows updates, I don't know why it updated this one. Restarted my laptop to find the windows upgrade installing. Immediately after boot up things felt buggy. Resolution changes, icon changes, tool bar at the bottom changed... I thought it was a virus...
  9. BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update

BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update: Hi everyone, recently I tried serveral ways to update my Windows 10 to the newest version. After trying using bootable USB created using Media Creation Tool, I encountered a serious issue - I am unable to boot to Windows - I am getting BSOD with SERVICE_CRITICAL_FAILURE...
  10. Can't boot after Creator's Update

Can't boot after Creator's Update: I'm not sure what happened but few hours after the update, I could no longer boot the laptop. The displayed message is "reboot and select proper boot device". I am able to enter setup and confirm it is UEFI boot and the hard disk is listed. I am also able to boot from USB and...