Windows 10: Boot loop and black startup screen

Discus and support Boot loop and black startup screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I am trying to reinstall win. 10 on my lenovo thinkpad e540. I first tried with creation tool on a 8 gb usb pin that didn't work. Everytime I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lakershamid, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Boot loop and black startup screen

Hello

I am trying to reinstall win. 10 on my lenovo thinkpad e540. I first tried with creation tool on a 8 gb usb pin that didn't work. Everytime I reached 60% an error message popped up saying it couldn't recognize something.

I then made a recovery key on my usb pin and disabled fast boot mode in bios and selected to boot up from my usb pin in bios. When the installation is reached to 100% I am asked if I want to clean my TPM at first I pressed yes then the pc reboots and after that nothing happens I can see a black screen and a loading sign. I tried to run it again but this time I presses ESC when it asked me to clear my TPM files and the result is the same as before.

Can somebody please help me I am running out of ideas and it is starting to pis me off

:)

Lakershamid, Sep 12, 2016
  2. Mictateur Win User

Samsung Omnia 7 Mango update - Reboot loop

The only issue I've heard of with the first post-Nodo update is the "stuck on Samsung Omnia 7 boot screen" issue. And the answer AFAIK is the official Samsung patch.

Are experiencing something different? Do you have a reboot loop (boot screen, black screen, boot screen, black screen, and so on)?

Mictateur, Sep 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 boot loop + odd startup sound

Thank you for the reply. However the provided link did not answer the question. As stated in the original post, the error I am having is a boot loop with an all black screen with spinning dots. Selecting that option brings up 3 options, 2 of which I already
    said I tried and did not work and the third being a generic "just reinstall Windows" solution.

I followed the instructions here Black screen with cursor/infinite loading dots after updating Windows 10 and it SEEMS to have fixed the boot loop issue (I
    was able to boot normally) however the Windows 7 startup sound still plays, even though I am on Windows 10 and have never had 7 installed.

Jon Barrow, Sep 12, 2016
Thema:

Boot loop and black startup screen

1. Boot loop and black startup screen - Similar Threads - Boot loop black

2. Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.: Hi,A month ago, my 3 years old acer laptop started to show black screen on startup, but I could solve that by restarting several times the computer or restarting the graphics card drivers with an other screen.Today, the black screen problem was impossible to solve so I tried...
  3. Advanced startup boots into black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  4. Advanced startup boots into black screen

Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  5. Startup boot loop

Startup boot loop: Hi my pc would always crash so I did a factory reset and it messed up part way through. When I turned it back on it just kept sitting in a loop starting up then shows preparing on a black screen then immediately crashes and starts up again and does it all over again. I can’t...
  6. Startup boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup boot loop: Hi my pc would always crash so I did a factory reset and it messed up part way through. When I turned it back on it just kept sitting in a loop starting up then shows preparing on a black screen then immediately crashes and starts up again and does it all over again. I can’t...
  7. Startup boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Pc on startup infinite loop black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc on startup infinite loop black screen: Hello, I have encountered an issue with my computer where it is on an infinite black loading screen after a failed automatic systems repair. SpecsUnfortunately I have little to no knowledge about computer specs, but this is a desktop bought from Digital Storm. StoryI started...
  9. Windows 10 black screen boot loop

Windows 10 black screen boot loop: My Computer suddenly restarted and now it is in a loop where the most I will see is spinning dots and "preparing automatic repair". I can not even get the computer to boot from recovery media unless I choose the wrong mode and I get "Error: Legacy Boot of UEFI Media. How do I...
  10. Startup boot to black screen

Startup boot to black screen: ive recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 from the usb media however after a day or so the computer will boot to a black screen several times before give the C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrialtxt error message. I have tried just about everything when I...