Windows 10: Boot loop and more than 1 monitor

Discus and support Boot loop and more than 1 monitor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hey guys i found my problem. i thought i was having a infinite boot loop. I'll give some background to the scenario. #1 Upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NIVO, Aug 7, 2015.

1. NIVO Win User

Boot loop and more than 1 monitor

hey guys i found my problem. i thought i was having a infinite boot loop. I'll give some background to the scenario.

#1 Upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10Pro(64)

#2 Installed fine, but borked all installed games on steam, couldnt load a single one. A laundry list of things i tried, I wont bother posting because of step 3

#3 As all the problems mounted, I then decided to go with a clean full install. Best new OS install route anyways. OS on SSD, all other things on secondary 2gb drive, no worries there, makes things easier.

#4 Installed from USB 3.0 stick formatted FAT32 from Media Creator 64 from Micro$haft *Wink

#5 Install fine, made some changes so of course have to restart PC.

#6 Bam there it is, I see the Win logo, screen blanks, keyboard flashes. Appears to have rebooted, thought ok it just needed more time. Nothing.............nada. I do see the mouse cursor. Weird. Gave up. Formatted again 3 times and same things occur, oh crap infinite loop again.

#7 I have an idea. Well if i can see my mouse cursor, then perhaps the desktop IS there. I do afterall have the pc hooked to my pc monitor as well as the Sony HDTV. Well so just for kicks I move my mouse cursor off of the left side of the screen to the bottom. I hold the button and push up. Just the same way as if im swiping the swipe screen up. Then I type out my login pass just as if it was on screen. All of a sudden i see my taskbar appear. I then right click desktop to get nvidia display info. Apparently windows has this defaulted to span 2 screens, with the tv as the primary for some reason. Turn tv on and there I see the nvidia options. So I switch it to 1 display(pc primary) and all is good.

#8 Sorry to make this long winded, but i thought you may have pulled your hair like I have been doing for 2 days now.

#9 So to make it short, try the OTHER monitor or tv ON that you may have hooked. It might be as simple as mine simply displaying on another display. Good Luck to you. I hope this post helps even 1 person find peace with this aggravating stuff. Please share your thoughts if it helped you. Cheers.

:)

NIVO, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Arslan2.0 Win User

Windows 10 Boot time is more than 1 minute

Is Fast Startup enabled?

Arslan2.0, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Boot time is more than 1 minute

Hi, I am facing an issue with my Windows 10. For last 2 weeks my system takes a lot of time to boot. Any solution for this?

akshverma01, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Boot loop and more than 1 monitor

1. Boot loop and more than 1 monitor - Similar Threads - Boot loop more

2. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  3. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  4. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  5. amd driver and more than 1 monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    amd driver and more than 1 monitor issue: have a windows 10 install on a MSI b450M Mortar Titanium with an AMD ryzen 2400G cpu with Vega graphics in the APU all is well, unless I update my driver Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.9.3-Oct5 any newer driver will result in my Dell 24" monitor...
  6. More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD: I have a full description of the problem here: https://superuser.com/questions/1469370/more-than-1-minute-to-boot-windows-10-even-with-ssd For some reason, a few weeks ago, my Windows 10 is taking over 1 minute to boot. That is, more than 1 minute just in that initial black...
  7. how to have more than 1 taskbar with multi monitors

how to have more than 1 taskbar with multi monitors: how to have more than 1 taskbar with multi monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-more-than-1-taskbar-with-multi/99d8d3c9-825a-4015-8eca-8a0c44ff02c1
  8. Connect more than 1 pc with RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect more than 1 pc with RDP: Connect more than 1 pc with RDP, I can connect just one. any people help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connect-more-than-1-pc-with-rdp/e3dcc8f5-a263-4d20-bef9-21d94eedf4ab
  9. backup files from more than 1 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup files from more than 1 machine: Hi I have several laptops in the family all running windows 10. I have two questions Question1 I want to back them all up to one external drive. When I set up backup options (in settings) it doesn't give me the option to create a folder to put each back up - it just...
  10. scanning more than 1 document

scanning more than 1 document: I have a PIXMA MG5520 Scanner and I'd like to know how to put 2 or more scanned documents in 1 file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanning-more-than-1-document/dc0d4ef8-f066-4eca-b052-c52b8c09d687