Windows 10: Boot loop

Discus and support Boot loop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am helping a handicapped person with cerebral palsy who uses an old PC running Windows XP because her software can only run on XP. Unfortunately her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Curious, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Curious Win User

Boot loop

I am helping a handicapped person with cerebral palsy who uses an old PC running Windows XP because her software can only run on XP. Unfortunately her PC just went into a boot loop where the PC boots up and then goes to the Windows screen to select: - "Microsoft Windows XP" - "Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" If I select Microsoft Windows XP, the Windows XP screen appears to tell me the system was closed badly and select an option (safe boot, etc.) Whichever one I select, the Windows XP splash screen appears for a second and then the system reboots. I have rescue CDs from Acronis and from EaseUS backup. I can boot up from either one but after their initial screens and their option screen appears, the monitor again goes blank with no input. 1. I changed monitors. No difference. 2. I considered that the Windows graphic driver went bad or the graphics burnt but then why do images appear on bootup and only fail when windows starts and the monitor goes blank? 3. I have system image backups but have no way to access the external drive on which I have them because my rescue CDs don't reach the point where I can select the backup to use. Is there any way to get out of this dilemna? Any help appreciated.

:)

Curious, Nov 13, 2017

2. December Windows update problems/ windows 10

after update I am stuck in a boot up loop

It will boot up I will login

My homescreen pops up then it repeatedly loops

Any one have any ideas?

JohnCallanan, Nov 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Defender Offline stuck in infinite restart loop

Yesterday 4/5/2017 I used one of my computers to upgrade from windows 10 version 1607 to version 1703. Then I tested for WDO blue screen boot loop with windows driver verifier.

The WDO blue screen boot loop will soon be history. The updated windows 10 version 1703 did not produce any WDO blue screen boot loops!!!!!!!!

questions_, Nov 13, 2017
  4. Boot loop

Hi Curious. I guess the question becomes what kind of help.

First thing I would do is download and create a bootable copy of Ubuntu. Don't install it on the XP machine, they use to have an option to "Test Drive". See if this boots. If it does you can use the tools to copy user data out of machine.

Then depending on outcome..... If you want to clean install you will need XP Service pack 3 and the drivers. Depending on machine these very well are available at vendor site. Some vendors will send you recovery software for nominal dollars. Otherwise you may be into one of those driver sites. I saw in one most from a very knowledgeable source they used drivermax.

Bleeping computer had a link to an ISO.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...at-needs-them/

and PCRiver

https://pcriver.com/operating-system...#disqus_thread

I checked PCriver on urlvoid.com and no immediate hits. That said I haven't used either.

MAYBE another member has a link to a known good iso or I could post on my Onedrive site.

The other alternative would be to use Ubuntu. It is safer, its free, it has firefox and you can use LibreOffice as a free office suite. That said not sure what other programs the person you are helping has.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 14, 2017
  5. Curious Win User
    Thank you. Excellent suggestions. I will try them. I am suspecting this maybe a hardware issue. Will see. (I tried to give you a thumbs up but it told me that I should spread it around before I could give it to you again).

Curious, Nov 14, 2017
  6. Please let us know how it goes.

7. Caledon Ken, Nov 14, 2017
  8. Curious Win User

Boot loop

I've determined it is the graphic "card" that went bad and the graphics are embedded in the motherboard. So it does not make sense to fix. I will try to use Oracle's Virtual box to emulate Windows XP for her on a modern PC. Now I have to find a Windows XP iso which I can install without having to pay for a new XP license. Appreciate your help. I'm not a PC guru. Edit: I'm downloading the installer from Bleeping computer and see how everything works.

Curious, Nov 14, 2017
  9. Plankton Win User
    Hey CK.....I see that all those links are for the SP's either 1, 2 or 3. Where is the actual OS for download? Does the SP's have the OS? From what I remember those are only SP with out the OS.

Plankton, Nov 14, 2017
  10. Curious Win User
    I found an iso. It's clean according to malwarebites and I am now installing it as an emulation (Oracle Virtual Box) in my W10 laptop to test. Next I'll see if her programs will install in the emulation. If they do and work correctly I will buy her a modern desktop and set things up for her.
    I'm 78 years old and not a pc guru so I really appreciate the help you are giving so kindly and freely. The person I am helping adores her computer and that is why I'm trying so hard to help her. It's her main entertainment.

Curious, Nov 14, 2017
  11. Curious Win User
    The one I downloaded from pcdriver.com is the entire os. (632,640 kb) Once it is installed I'll check if it has the sps.

Curious, Nov 14, 2017
  12. Plankton Win User
    Nice.....keep me posted.

Plankton, Nov 14, 2017
  13. Boot loop

Could you post link Curious, please and thank you.

14. Curious Win User
    Curious, Nov 14, 2017
  15. Plankton Win User
    I see that link is for Pro.....what about Home. Is there one for that?

Plankton, Nov 15, 2017
Thema:

Boot loop

1. Boot loop - Similar Threads - Boot loop

2. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  3. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  4. I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d67bhjk5ahXlth5JILS5K57w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-stuck-in-a-bsod-loop-whenever-i-would-try/0ddd767f-0135-434b-b6e7-5480907b1433
  5. I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...

I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d67bhjk5ahXlth5JILS5K57w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-stuck-in-a-bsod-loop-whenever-i-would-try/0ddd767f-0135-434b-b6e7-5480907b1433
  6. I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting: My dell computer while its booting up loops through blue red green white and black and it wont stop i need help.**moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other***...
  8. Permanent boot loop with no access to USB ports

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanent boot loop with no access to USB ports: I've just had a power outage a couple hours ago and my pc is now stuck in what I assume to be an infinite windows boot loop, based off previous information from a technician. The pc itself spins up fine but doesn't deliver any output to my monitors and won't accept USB...
  9. Permanent boot loop with no access to USB ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent boot loop with no access to USB ports: I've just had a power outage a couple hours ago and my pc is now stuck in what I assume to be an infinite windows boot loop, based off previous information from a technician. The pc itself spins up fine but doesn't deliver any output to my monitors and won't accept USB...
  10. Permanent boot loop with no access to USB ports