Windows 10: Boot Macrium from other drive

Discus and support Boot Macrium from other drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I followed this tutorial to add Macrium to another HDD on one of my PCs and it worked fine: FYI: Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SoFine409, Mar 22, 2017.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Boot Macrium from other drive

I followed this tutorial to add Macrium to another HDD on one of my PCs and it worked fine:
    FYI: Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal/External USB HD/SSD

But when I tried to do the same thing to two other PCs they would not boot to the Macrium partition. No error messages just a cursor on a black screen. The only difference that I noted is when I copied the contents of my Macrium Rescue USB to the Macrium partition on the machine that was able to boot I received a UAC notification that I needed admin privileges to copy several of the files. On the two machines that would not boot from the Macrium partition there was no such notification. Could this be a clue to what's going wrong?

I've tried repeating the steps several times, creating a 512 MB partition at the end of the drive, formatting it FAT32, setting it as Active, and then copying the files from the Macrium USB Rescue drive (for the appropriate PS), and even created a fresh rescue ISO, and checked to be sure that all of the files are present but none of these helped. I've run out of things to check and I'm baffled that the Macrium partition boots on only one of the three PCs. I could really use some help solving this. Thanks

UPDATE: I stepped back through the steps and this time created a New Simple Volume and did not set it as active until after I copied the Macrium Rescue files to the new partition. Then everything worked. I discovered this when I looked at this video:
    How to dual boot Windows 8/10 with Free Macrium Rescue.

:)

SoFine409, Mar 22, 2017

2. Windows 10 issues

download macrium reflect. clone windows 10 to the other drive. boot from other drive download windows 8.install windows 8 download windows 8.1. install windows 8.1 then upgrade to windows 10,and clone to original drive.

Marcus Agrippa, Mar 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade and WinBook TW100 Windows 8.1 tablet... three things to watch out for...

OK... glad you found the way into the UEFI ("BIOS") setup in the

firmware.

I used a 1 TB USB hard drive to do my system backup, then burned the Macrium backup archive onto a DVD for safe storage in my closet.

You should be able to make a donor image from your new

Winbook using Macrium, make a boot/recovery DVD in Macrium,

plug in a USB DVD drive, boot to it from the UEFI and then use the

donor image to un-brick the "unfortunate victim" (LOL) of the

Windows 10 upgrade.

Macrium is nice in that it gives you a couple choices for your

bootable recovery media - if I recall correctly, one of the options

is for a bootable Linux DVD that can restore from Macrium image

files.

Boot Macrium from other drive :)

AllanY2525, Mar 22, 2017
Thema:

Boot Macrium from other drive

1. Boot Macrium from other drive - Similar Threads - Boot Macrium drive

2. Remove Macrium from boot options ??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Remove Macrium from boot options ??: When i switch on my PC i get two options windows 10 of Macrium reflect Is there a way to stop the Macrium Reflect option from loading or is this not advisable? 183528
  3. Transfer Windows 10 to Boot from other Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 to Boot from other Drive: I have an all-in-one computer that came with Windows 10 installed. It has a 1tb HDD and a 256 Gb SSD with windows installed on the HDD. I want to re-install windows on to the SSD so I can boot from the SSD and access the files on the HDD. But I want to do so without...
  4. Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive

Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive: Am using Macrium personal free version;I find it a great product. I use it to clone my laptop hard drive to a spare hard drive connected via USB in case laptop hard drive fail. Well I had a failure the other day in the laptop hard drive. It could boot but was somewhat non...
  5. Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive: Am using Macrium personal free version;I find it a great product. I use it to clone my laptop hard drive to a spare hard drive connected via USB in case laptop hard drive fail. Well I had a failure the other day in the laptop hard drive. It could boot but was somewhat non...
  6. Boot Macrium Rescue from Internal SSD

Boot Macrium Rescue from Internal SSD: In addition to adding Macrium Recovery to my boot menu and having a bootable USB, I always set up a bootable partition on one of my HDs per this thread by @topgundep, FYI: Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal/External USB HD/SSD. It always worked flawlessly giving me...
  7. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  8. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  9. Boot into Macrium?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot into Macrium?: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I can have complete backup images of my new desktop. I noticed that upon reboot I'm offered a dual-boot: Windows, as expected. And Macrium as an alternate. So what happens if I choose Macrium? 89137
  10. Macrium - Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal SSD

Macrium - Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal SSD: Hey Guys I was a poster on the SevenForums, but it appears that usernames and logins don't transfer from there? Anyhow ive registered a new account here to post my (hopefully simple) query: Ive just followed Brinks amazing Clean Install W10 without having to upgrade...