Windows 10: Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed

Discus and support Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Code: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1.Insert your Windows installation disc and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Golden, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Golden Win User

Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed

Code: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer. 2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next". 3.Click "Repair your computer." If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance. Status: 0xc000000f[/quote] Anyone got a 0x9f bugecheck on rebooting after updating from Build 9841 to Build 9860? No .dmp files written to system. After 3 or 4 hard resets, W10TP finally booted as normal.

Looks like Windows tried to boot from my USB-connected Garmin GPS??? *Rolleyes This was the first time I had connected the Garmin using Build 9860. Previously it had been connected multiple times on Build 9841 without any trouble at all.

From eventlog:
    Code: Event[2915]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Date: 2014-10-23T19:20:04.998 Event ID: 20001 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Colin-Laptop Description: Driver Management concluded the process to install driver wpdfs.inf_amd64_2f5838d6d988be9a\wpdfs.inf for Device Instance ID SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GARMIN&PROD_EDGE_500_FLASH&REV_1.00#0000E5CF8EF0&0#{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B} with the following status: 0x0.[/quote]

:)

Golden, Oct 22, 2014
  2. IezRaiez Win User

Boot Manager Status 0xc000000f, boot selection failed.

What about for windows 10 pro? Can someone help me too? I have same problem. But I using windows 10 pro. Help me.Thank you.

IezRaiez, Oct 22, 2014
  3. Boot Manager Status 0xc000000f, boot selection failed.

Hi,

You will need a Windows 10 boot disk if you don't have one.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - create media then

boot with it.

Windows 10 herunterladen

How to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

OR use this method :

How to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

If your system came with Windows 10 the System Maker can supply the disk for a small

cost since you already own Windows.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boot with a Installation or Repair disc or USB drive - issue these from the Command

Prompt and hit ENTER after each.

C:

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /rebuildbcd

After the above you may need to run Automatic Repair (even 2 or 3 times) - Option 5

here and run StartUp Repair to see if it helps.

How to Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

---------------------

Using EasyBCD often works when other methods do not. <-- if Bootrec did not help use this.

Translate the Windows 7 methods to Windows 8/8.1/10..

Recovering the Vista or Windows 7 or 8 Bootloader from the DVD

Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

Recovering the Vista Bootloader with EasyBCD (Windows 7 & 8)

Recovering the Windows Bootloader

Repairing the Windows Vista Bootloader (Windows 7 & 8)

Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

After the above you may need to run Automatic Repair (even 2 or 3 times) - Option 5

here and run StartUp Repair to see if it helps.

How to Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 22, 2014
  4. usasma Win User

I got lot's of errors, but no BSOD crashes. 0x80246007 was the most common one.
    I restarted about 10 times, and shut completely down before restarting 3 times (in a Virtual Box VM).
    Finally gave up and let it rest for a couple of hours - then it went in without problems!
    ArrrrrgggggghhhhhhhH!!!!!!!!!

usasma, Oct 22, 2014
Thema:

1. Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed - Similar Threads - Boot Manager Status

2. Selected boot device failed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Selected boot device failed.: While booting up my HP laptop this screen pops up. Hp disk diagnose failed before this and after that it showed this screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selected-boot-device-failed/e1d2e277-5014-4f98-bd00-042e5ccb38fb
  3. An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f: Yesterday, I installed Windows 10 Professional 64 bit into my new M.2 SSD. I can normally boot my desktop and use it without any problems. However, if I restart the desktop, the following screen will pop up. [IMG] It has no response whenever I press ESC. What I can do is...
  4. Boot error0xc000000e and 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot error0xc000000e and 0xc000000f: So i was having some keyboard issue,i tried clean installation using media creation tool and ended up with 0xc000000e error.now i tried it again but i can't because of the same error,so i tried fresh start from windows defender but it wasn't completed as after every restart...
  5. Windows boot manager boot failed

Windows boot manager boot failed: im in the slow ring for win10 creator updates. every few weeks I get new version to install. but the last one broke my pc and got me to this boot failure message. I pressed ok few times and then OneKey recovery showed up and asked me if I want to restore my pc to its initial...
  6. Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f

Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f: I just tried to turn on my PC and it instantly ran into a random problem that I've never encountered before. It tells me "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:" 1. Insert your windows installation disk and...
  7. Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start: Greetings! Bit of a long story here, I will try and keep it simple. I recently upgraded the following components on my computer. motherboard MSI 870a-g54 --> ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac RAM: Corsair XMS 4gb + G.Skilll Ripjaw 8gb --> 16 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX CPU: AMD...
  8. Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f: When I boot into win 10 I get a black screen that says: Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f When I boot to a Win 10 Install disk I select: English, next Repair your computer Troubleshoot Advanced options Startup Repair It says it's Diagnosing problems...
  9. Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f

Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f: Firstly may I apologise if I have submitted my problem in the incorrect Forum, my symptoms seem to spread across a couple of areas. I am operating a 1 TB drive with Windows 10 and 7 in a Dual Boot configuration on my desktop PC, the win 10 is an on-line downloaded upgrade...
  10. \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem with my W10 system, it is not booting and whatever I try is not working. I can't refresh/repair the PC because my drive is "locked" Startup repair doesn't work, no explanation. None of the solutions the Windows 10 DVD/media offers works I tried...
Tags: