Windows 10: Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable

Discus and support Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok im about to upgrade to win 10 then do a clean install afterwards of win 10, but i wanted to assure i have everything correct before i start. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mn072065, Jul 28, 2015.

1. mn072065 Win User

Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable

Ok im about to upgrade to win 10 then do a clean install afterwards of win 10, but i wanted to assure i have everything correct before i start. I updated again my profile with Belarc to assure i have a completed list of my software, i notice this Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable, here im a rookie. I have an Alienware Aurora R4 desktop, do i have to go into bios and change secure boot to enable? I read lots of articles but cant simplify with my dumb brain what to do at this stage, appreciate any help.

:)

mn072065, Jul 28, 2015

2. Cannot Boot to Windows 10 After an Update From Microsoft

It's good to leave Secure Boot on, which also will disable CSM. CSM is a UEFI compatibility mode used by Windows 7 on a UEFI BIOS-mode PC.

I have Dell computers also and find that leaving all of the boot options besides UEFI: Windows Boot Manager disabled works for me, because I can always use F12 to select a different boot device (if I want to boot from USB or DVD) or to disable Secure Boot
    if I want to boot Windows 7.

Don Cuthbert, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Dell XPS 13 9333: Sound stopped working in the middle of a video, now "no audio device installed" no matter what I try

This issue happened to me when I disabled UEFI secure boot in BIOS settings - I was installing Linux on external drive. Once I set boot mode back to UEFI Secure Boot audio device came back.

Ilya Veksler, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable

1. Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable - Similar Threads - Boot mode uefi

2. UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled: Windows 10 crashed - can only access Phoenic SecurCore Tiano Bios.I need to boot from my USB drive.I understand I need to have the UEFI Secure Boot enabled - mine is greyed out - cannot be selected.I was told to set Supervisor Password - so this is in Security - did that -...
  3. UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled: Windows 10 crashed - can only access Phoenic SecurCore Tiano Bios.I need to boot from my USB drive.I understand I need to have the UEFI Secure Boot enabled - mine is greyed out - cannot be selected.I was told to set Supervisor Password - so this is in Security - did that -...
  4. UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UEFI Boot Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI Boot Mode: A year or so ago, I had a software kaboom in my Dell All in 1. It required that I switch to legacy boot mode, and then restart in Safe mode to get it going again. I have, some time ago tried to get UEFI boot mode back on but it did not work. Now I see the Win 11 will require...
  6. UEFI Secure boot

UEFI Secure boot: hi guys...pls help meif i need windows 11 then it tells me to enable secure boot....but if i go to my BIOS and enable my secure boot it should show my desktop....but it is showing something to setup........
  7. My Secure Boot is Unsupported even when Legacy Boot is disable and the boot is UEFI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Secure Boot is Unsupported even when Legacy Boot is disable and the boot is UEFI: Hi, im having a proplem about Secure Boot, six days ago the secure boot state said it is ON, then, today when i'm trying to install windows 11 Only for insider this happen.yes, my BIOS Mode is UEFI not legacy, legacy boot not turn on.And if you have a link to upgrade my BIOS,...
  8. Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi

Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi: I'm having trouble installing windows 10 on my new built. after asking a microsoft employee they told me to disable the secure boot. but for some reason there is no option for that, its either - Other OS - Windows UEFI mode what do i do? My mobo is a Asus Prime...
  9. UEFI with secure boot disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI with secure boot disabled: I ran a Belarc analysis and it showed a notification that the " UEFI with secure boot is disabled ".Is this a default setting or does it need to be enabled?I looked at the boot settings but was unable to figure out how to resolve this issue.I am not one who likes to guess at...
  10. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?: I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ? Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c I went to System Information, but It...