Windows 10: Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command.

Discus and support Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have computers set to boot-on-power but when the UPS tells the computer agents to shut down, they boot right back up even though the UPS is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by massta, Aug 27, 2017.

1. massta Win User

Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command.

We have computers set to boot-on-power but when the UPS tells the computer agents to shut down, they boot right back up even though the UPS is on battery.

We'd like to give the UPS enough time to shut it's self down. Of course this all needs to be automated, it's a giant art sculpture with computers housed inside. A delay setting for the boot-on-power would be best.

A possible solution: if the UPSs can tell computers to hibernate (state S4) instead of shutdown (S5). That should at least put them in a safer mode for when UPS cuts the load or pulls the plug so to speak on the computers.

Any help is much appreciated. Running Windows 10 and Tripplite UPSs.
    Thanks!

:)

massta, Aug 27, 2017

2. Temporary Profile in Windows 10

In Windows 10 MOST PC's startup with temporary profile, after an 'unexpected' shutdown.

(unexpected shutdown=power failure, program crash or shutdown by holding the 'power' button pressed for more than 5 sec.)

You cannot access your data when logged in with this profile, but your data and settings are still present on the hard disc.

A normal 'shutdown'-'startup' (=fast startup) will keep starting with the 'temporary' profile.

However a FULL restart (=slow startup) should solve this behaviour.

On the START menu, click the power icon
    Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command. [​IMG]
    and click Restart.

('Restart' boots the PC from 'zero' while 'shutdown-start' boots the PC from a saved OS state on harddisc, which is faster.)

DirkMeeussen telenet, Aug 27, 2017
  3. PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello Sayan_Ghosh

I have tried the suggestions in your email and Option 1 made no difference.

Option 2 appears to shut down the PC and it does not attempt to restart and when I boot up again it works as it should. However if I then shutdown using the Power menu the PC always tries to start again during the early hours of the next day. Currently I
    am shutting down using the command prompt.

Does this mean that this is the solution to my problem or can the shutdown procedure be altered to work as required by the Command "shutdown -s -f"?

Smudges Dad

Smudge'sDad, Aug 27, 2017
Thema:

Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command.

1. Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command. - Similar Threads - Boot Power keeps

2. PC Powers Up From Apparent S5 (or G3) Shutdown State

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Powers Up From Apparent S5 (or G3) Shutdown State: My PC has this issue where it powers up from an apparent S5 or G3 shutdown state precisely at midnight. It does not happen every night, but more often than not. When it powers up this way, the power profile also apparently has no effect. I have it set to sleep after 1 hour of...
  3. PC not booting up after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC not booting up after update: Got promoted for a update last night so i chose upgrade and shutdown now this morning computer will not boot up no logo nothing tried a couple of hard resets but nothing mouse keyboard dead no hard drive light. Any ideas before I throw it...
  4. Command prompt keeps popping up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt keeps popping up: Command prompt keeps popping up. Have tried several spyware programs, with no success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/67ef2307-45f9-4bef-9cd7-6d56d202db74"
  5. Pc keeps restarting after initial start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc keeps restarting after initial start up: My Lenovo G50 which runs Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit version keeps restarting itself right after it's initial startup. A message pops up with a blue background that says Driver IRQL Not less or equal What failed:ndistpr64.sys Someone please help 91483
  6. Windows 10 fails to power off after ANY shutdown commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 fails to power off after ANY shutdown commands: Hi folks! I have had no luck getting Windows 10 Pro to shut down properly. I’ve tried every reported solution on every thread I’ve found, with no success. Perhaps you could help? Is there a way to get a log file of what goes on during shutdown? Intel i7 3770-k Asus...
  7. Start up/Shutdown problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start up/Shutdown problems: where to start... In December I installed a GTX 980 in my machine and since then started getting strange behavior randomly at Start up. it didn't happen every start so I could live with it for a while but it was starting to bug me. As I have PC set to auto logon, it...
  8. Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on: Hello I am writing this here and hoping for the reasoning behind the problem. I recently bought z97-g43 motherboard as the old one broke and after buying it i got a replacement as every time when i was shutting down the pc with the button on the case the pc wouldnt turn on...
  9. Start menu does not open after Power Shell Command

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu does not open after Power Shell Command: So my mail app was not opening links. So I looked up how to reinstall the mail app. Got to this: http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-...stall-window... I uninstalled the apps, then ran the powershell command: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  10. Blank screen after PC turned on from "Fast Start Up" shutdown.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after PC turned on from "Fast Start Up" shutdown.: So my PC shutdown fine now. But when I use the "Fast Start Up" option, after I shut down my PC, and then turn it on, the Bios screen showed up boot up and everything and then right before the login screen appear, it just stop there with a blank screen, and then my monitor...