Windows 10: Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command.

Discus and support Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have computers set to boot-on-power but when the UPS tells the computer agents to shut down, they boot right back up even though the UPS is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by massta, Aug 27, 2017.

1. massta Win User

Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command.

We have computers set to boot-on-power but when the UPS tells the computer agents to shut down, they boot right back up even though the UPS is on battery.

We'd like to give the UPS enough time to shut it's self down. Of course this all needs to be automated, it's a giant art sculpture with computers housed inside. A delay setting for the boot-on-power would be best.

A possible solution: if the UPSs can tell computers to hibernate (state S4) instead of shutdown (S5). That should at least put them in a safer mode for when UPS cuts the load or pulls the plug so to speak on the computers.

Any help is much appreciated. Running Windows 10 and Tripplite UPSs.
    Thanks!

:)

massta, Aug 27, 2017

2. Temporary Profile in Windows 10

In Windows 10 MOST PC's startup with temporary profile, after an 'unexpected' shutdown.

(unexpected shutdown=power failure, program crash or shutdown by holding the 'power' button pressed for more than 5 sec.)

You cannot access your data when logged in with this profile, but your data and settings are still present on the hard disc.

A normal 'shutdown'-'startup' (=fast startup) will keep starting with the 'temporary' profile.

However a FULL restart (=slow startup) should solve this behaviour.

On the START menu, click the power icon
    Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command. [​IMG]
    and click Restart.

('Restart' boots the PC from 'zero' while 'shutdown-start' boots the PC from a saved OS state on harddisc, which is faster.)

DirkMeeussen telenet, Aug 27, 2017
  3. PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello Sayan_Ghosh

I have tried the suggestions in your email and Option 1 made no difference.

Option 2 appears to shut down the PC and it does not attempt to restart and when I boot up again it works as it should. However if I then shutdown using the Power menu the PC always tries to start again during the early hours of the next day. Currently I
    am shutting down using the command prompt.

Does this mean that this is the solution to my problem or can the shutdown procedure be altered to work as required by the Command "shutdown -s -f"?

Smudges Dad

Smudge'sDad, Aug 27, 2017
Thema:

Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command.

1. Boot On Power keeps starting PC after UPS sends shutdown command. - Similar Threads - Boot Power keeps

2. PC powering itself on after clicking shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC powering itself on after clicking shutdown: Hello, I’ve got this issue where my PC/Desktop restarts instead when I click shutdown. The only way I can shut it off is by holding the power button and it manages to still turn itself on again while holding it down. Once it turns off 2-3 times, it eventually stays off. I...
  3. My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC: I had both Spotify and translucentTB enabled before I restarted my PC and it keeps disabling itself. I checked their settings and its told its enabled but in Task Manager they AREN'T. Any open suggestions?...
  4. My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC: I had both Spotify and translucentTB enabled before I restarted my PC and it keeps disabling itself. I checked their settings and its told its enabled but in Task Manager they AREN'T. Any open suggestions?...
  5. My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Power settings keep switching back to default after the pc is shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power settings keep switching back to default after the pc is shutdown: Since the brightness keys are not working I have to set the battery/power settings to control the brightness/dimness. But just after i shutdown the pc, the battery setting go back to default. Any way I could make the battery settings permanent?...
  7. Power settings keep switching back to default after the pc is shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power settings keep switching back to default after the pc is shutdown: Since the brightness keys are not working I have to set the battery/power settings to control the brightness/dimness. But just after i shutdown the pc, the battery setting go back to default. Any way I could make the battery settings permanent?...
  8. Power settings keep switching back to default after the pc is shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer keeps booting up into recovery after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps booting up into recovery after forced shutdown: Hi,I was doing some light maintenance work on my computer HP desktop yesterday like uninstalling some programs to increase performance. when I was done I tried to shut down the computer, but it kept restarting. Even when I put it on sleep mode, the screen turned on after a...
  10. PC won’t start up/ keeps restarting boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won’t start up/ keeps restarting boot: I’ve tried reseting my PC twice, once the resets worked, I tried setting up my desktop. The next day I woke up to my unsettling frustrations again, IT WONT START UP! I’ve tried the USB method, I’ve tried changing my program settings, look at numerous YouTube videos, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. When Starting the PC only LOGO appears and shutdown