Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10

Discus and support Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have just sold my pc to a friend. The original operating system was Windows 10 (a free upgrade from Windows 7). In preparation for the sale, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dingerb, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Dingerb Win User

Hi,
    I have just sold my pc to a friend. The original operating system was Windows 10 (a free upgrade from Windows 7). In preparation for the sale, I chose the formatting option (everything cleaned from the hard drive) and downloaded and installed a clean reinstall of Windows 10. The installation was successful but the buyer tells me he is being prompted for an Admin Log In. The password prompt tells me that it is my previous log in that is required. Why is this and surely people sell computers all the time presumably without having to pass on previous log in details? Grateful for any advice as to how to solve this one.*Sad

:)

Dingerb, Jun 20, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 20, 2018
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Boot Problem Clean

2. devicecensus.exe process stops working problem after first boot of the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    devicecensus.exe process stops working problem after first boot of the day: I normally shut down my HP Laptop with Windows 10 April 2018 Update with OS Build 17134.137 before I sleep but when I boot the laptop every morning, after Windows has fully booted, I always check the reliability monitor and the devicecensus.exe process is shown that it has...
  3. No boot device problem

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot device problem: A friend called me last night saying water was spilled on his laptop (running Windows 10) and that it would not turn (on). He brought it over and it would not power up. I said I would look at it and he left. I then lifted the lid and saw that the machine did, in fact, have...
  4. 1803 Boot cycle problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Boot cycle problem: Win10Home64, Avast user (if that has any relevance). Bought new USB stick 32GB just for this job. It seems to be Fat32 as new. Twice ran through Brink's TUT on this solution. Twice after creating/downloading and during the 'setup' unknown error 0x80042405 - 0xA001A has...
  5. Boot Device Not Found + Problem with Reflect restore attempt

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Device Not Found + Problem with Reflect restore attempt: You all likely know this already, but-- When I ran Dban to wipe the drive, the Start command of F10 along the bottom of the screen had no effect. The program just sat there. Fn + F10 worked (after staring at the screen for several minutes pissed ;-) Mark
  6. Boot up Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up Problem: I googled it and i am thinking it may be a virus so i going to wipe the HD and do an image recovery
  7. Dell Optiplex 9010 i7 Slow Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Optiplex 9010 i7 Slow Boot Problem: Hello dear friends, i have been tackling with a weird issue for upto a month now. i have bought dell optiplex 9010 with core i7 3770 processor with 4gb ram. i have run every diagnostic test, checked hdd health, checked ram, cpu temperature,updated bios...etc everything is...
  8. Dual boot problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot problems: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 pro configured as a dual boot system, business and personal. My business side boots fine, the personal side accepts password and then goes to a black screen with a mouse pointer showing, the pointer moves with mouse activity but does not...
  9. Clean install on EFI computer causing boot problems

Clean install on EFI computer causing boot problems: I had made a clean install of Windows 10 on an older computer without any issues. Then I tried to do a clean install on a newer EFI-based computer. I had trouble like many others once I tried to install to a GPT partition having booted from a USB which wasn't in EFI mode....
  10. boot problems after clean install from usb stick to SSD

boot problems after clean install from usb stick to SSD: I bought a new 250 GB SSD and wanted to perform a clean install of windows 10. I installed windows from a USB stick and all seemed to go well until installation finished and I attempted to reboot removing the usb stick after first changing bios to boot from SSD. It wont boot...