Windows 10: Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10

Discus and support Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have just sold my pc to a friend. The original operating system was Windows 10 (a free upgrade from Windows 7). In preparation for the sale, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dingerb, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Dingerb Win User

Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10

Hi,
    I have just sold my pc to a friend. The original operating system was Windows 10 (a free upgrade from Windows 7). In preparation for the sale, I chose the formatting option (everything cleaned from the hard drive) and downloaded and installed a clean reinstall of Windows 10. The installation was successful but the buyer tells me he is being prompted for an Admin Log In. The password prompt tells me that it is my previous log in that is required. Why is this and surely people sell computers all the time presumably without having to pass on previous log in details? Grateful for any advice as to how to solve this one.*Sad

:)

Dingerb, Jun 20, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 20, 2018
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Boot Problem Clean

2. Clean Windows 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Windows 10 reinstall: Sorry for writing this in a separate post, im new so i dont know is there is some kind of chat for these problems. Anyways I want to reinstall my windows 10 fully on my ssd (I want all current applications, documents etc. To be deleted). Do I have to delete my files...
  3. Problems with Clean Boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Clean Boot: I was having trouble with Microsoft Edge. I was told by Microsoft rep. to perform a clean boot. I did so. Then I was suppose to update the device drivers. I when to the Microsoft page and tried to perform a Windows update. 2020-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version...
  4. Longer boot time during Windows Logo after clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Longer boot time during Windows Logo after clean reinstall: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/vrlu29xpto451.jpg?width=562&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ea94c697fbf58fcb195aa3db877c46f038936b27 Hi, recently I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home and I noticed the following difference when booting my computer: Before (fresh built,...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 after wiping pc clean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 after wiping pc clean: I have a custom built gaming PC and my issue is that the games i am playing keep crashing. Everything is up to date. i went through every drive and updated them. i am thinking of resetting the pc and wiping everything off and starting fresh to clear out what i might have...
  6. Clean reinstall Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean reinstall Windows 10: Lost admin rights 2nd Time and I'm trying to reinstall Win10 using the Media Creation Tool 1909. Unable to get my computer to boot from the USB drive the tool is on. No matter which option I choose, it boots to the sign in screen. Any help is appreciated....
  7. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  8. Windows 10 clean reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 clean reinstall: Will doing a clean install on a machine with a install file created on a different machine still allow me to have a activated version on the repaired computer? The machine that needs repairing is a Windows 7 computer that was upgraded when it was free. Thanks in advance,...
  9. Windows 10 clean reinstall

Windows 10 clean reinstall: I downloaded windows 10 during the free period, i now want to install it on a new computer before this one dies but I dont seem to have a product key - it was automatically updated How do i go about this?...
  10. Audio problems after clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problems after clean reinstall: Just did a clean reinstall of windows and have no audio. I'm showing a little red "X" on the audio icon at the lower right of the screen, and when I click on it, it Days "detecting problems" and then "troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem." I also went to device...