Windows 10: Boot problem Windows 10

Discus and support Boot problem Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, yesterday, in my PC with Windows 10 installed, I opened Windows 7 installer and pressed "Install now", I immediatly cancel the operation and a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rarrav26, Dec 27, 2015.

1. rarrav26 Win User

Boot problem Windows 10

Hi, yesterday, in my PC with Windows 10 installed, I opened Windows 7 installer and pressed "Install now", I immediatly cancel the operation and a new partition next to C: showed up. I knew nothing about system partition, so I thought it was a new partition created and reserved by Windows 7 installation, so I proceded to delete the stuff inside (EFI and Boot folders). After that I restarted the computer.

Now without those folders I can't boot Windows 10, and it shows me the error: "Reboot and select proper boot device". I looked up for many tutorials but any of them worked.

I also tried to fix it by using Troubleshoot option with Windows 10 img started from a bootable USB but all the options fail.
    I would like you to help me to delete all the partitions in my disk except the one container of Windows 10 SO (I can't lose those files inside, otherwise formatting would be an option), and then recreate the necessary partitions (System, etc.) and generate the necessary files to bring the OS back to life (hope it's possible).

Thanks for reading.

:)

rarrav26, Dec 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Dec 27, 2015
  4. Juicetean Win User

Boot problem Windows 10

You may have deleted your main EFI folder, go into the BIOS/UEFI on your computer and turn off Secure Boot and if required turn Legacy Support on, then test to see if you can boot.

Then you could try doing a Windows Repair if you are able to get into it.

Juicetean, Dec 28, 2015
  5. Nipax Win User
    SOURCE: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

BCDBoot is a command-line tool used to configure the boot files on a PC or device to run the Windows operating system. You can use the tool in the following scenarios:

Repair the system partition. If the system partition has been corrupted, you can use BCDBoot to recreate the system partition files by using new copies of these files from the Windows partition.

BCDBOOT <source>

<source> Required. Specifies the location of the Windows directory to use as the source for copying boot-environment files

The following example initializes the system partition by using BCD files from the C:\Windows folder:

bcdboot C:\Windows

Nipax, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot problem Windows 10

1. Boot problem Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Boot problem

2. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  3. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  4. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is the solution to BCD Boot Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is the solution to BCD Boot Problem: When my PC wasn't booting I rebuilt the BCD of my windows 10 pc from the command prompt available in recovery through a video I watched on YouTube. The computer won't still boot and there's no recovery due to the rebuilt BCD. Pls what do I do, I need to recover my files....
  6. What is the solution to BCD Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the solution to BCD Boot Problem: When my PC wasn't booting I rebuilt the BCD of my windows 10 pc from the command prompt available in recovery through a video I watched on YouTube. The computer won't still boot and there's no recovery due to the rebuilt BCD. Pls what do I do, I need to recover my files....
  7. What is the solution to BCD Boot Problem

8. Laptop boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop boot problem: I'm using a dell latitude laptop I was doing a restore point and I shut down my pc but now when I power it on there is no display I hear my laptop fan spin and I can see light from the keyboard but 5 second later my pc goes off.I already tried something with cmos and changed...
  9. Laptop boot problem

Laptop boot problem: I'm using a dell latitude laptop I was doing a restore point and I shut down my pc but now when I power it on there is no display I hear my laptop fan spin and I can see light from the keyboard but 5 second later my pc goes off.I already tried something with cmos and changed...
  10. Laptop boot problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade