Windows 10: Boot setup from virtual DVD: Zalman ZM-VE200 enclosure

Discus and support Boot setup from virtual DVD: Zalman ZM-VE200 enclosure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For years I've been using this rebranded iodd enclosure, USB 2.0, which can create hardware-based virtual optical drives from ISOs and various other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mike s, Feb 15, 2016.

1. mike s Win User

Boot setup from virtual DVD: Zalman ZM-VE200 enclosure

For years I've been using this rebranded iodd enclosure, USB 2.0, which can create hardware-based virtual optical drives from ISOs and various other disk image formats. Under Windows 10 I've been using it so far for upgrade installs.

This week I undertook to do a clean install on a family member's ASUS X501A notebook PC. After reconfiguring the UEFI BIOS for CSM, I booted the 1511 ISO from the computer's USB 2.0 port and started to run setup. Just short of letting me start the setup process, the installer told me that the a driver for the DVD drive was missing and would not let me go further until I provided one.

On real optical drives, the manufacturers have occasionally released firmware upgrades to deal with this type of situation. This is a first for me with the Zalman enclosure - and the firmware I'm running is the last they issued which supports NTFS disks. In the end I used Rufus and a flash drive to create an installation disc and completed the process successfully.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a workaround should this happen again (except to buy a newer iodd enclosure, I guess).

:)

mike s, Feb 15, 2016

2. Zalman ZM-K400G keyboard software not working

I have purchased a Zalman ZM-K400G keyboard recently, but the driver software to configure the macro keys does not work. The keyboard works fine but keys G1 - G5 do not work, as the software required does not load.

I understand if no one knows anything about this, but any help would be appreciated. I have asked Zalman, but the seller also told me to ask someone from Windows, so I came here first.

DibDibsTH13TEEN, Feb 15, 2016
  3. DarkiiDen Win User
    Zalman ZM-K400G keyboard software not working

Hello

sorry for my bad english, i'm french...

I have the same keyboard than you, and like you I can't install the software for macros on my windows 10 computer...

If someone have solution, I take it

Thanks

DarkiiDen, Feb 15, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

The simplest thing is just to mount the iso using file explorer in Windows 8, or with a utility like Virtual CloneDrive (or even Microsoft VCD) in 7, and run setup exe from within the sources folder on the virtual dvd drive. If you then get an optical drive driver error, just copy the sources folder onto your hard drive, eject the virtual drive and run the setup from the hard disk.

I would detach any external storage hardware, including all USBs except mouse and keyboard if used, during the install to prevent setup from having driver issues. After installation, reintroduce your hardware and see if Windows discovers it and installs it, otherwise, do it manually wherever possible.

Fafhrd, Feb 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Boot setup from virtual DVD: Zalman ZM-VE200 enclosure - Similar Threads - Boot setup virtual

2. Laptop won't boot from external m.2 SSD in enclosure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't boot from external m.2 SSD in enclosure: Hello all,I have a Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH with Windows 11 installed. I recently purchased a WD_Black 1tb SSD to upgrade from the SK Hyinx 256gb that came installed. Western Digital offers Acronis True Image software to clone the drives for free. In the Acronis instructions...
  3. Booting from DVD on Lenovo computers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting from DVD on Lenovo computers?: Can I boot my Levono computer from DVD? Apparently he wants to prevent me from installing a decent operating system on it. Bei Lenovo-Rechner von DVD booten?
  4. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from a DVD?: I got a new computer but when I put a bootable DVD it won't boot from it, it just goes back into windows 10? What can I do to make it boot from my DVD? 162249
  5. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from a DVD?: How can I boot from a DVD? 162257
  6. Boot from CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from CD/DVD: I need to run the gparted (Linux app) booting from the CDROM. Now I do not find the option for booting from CD/DVD in windows 10 any more. I have done it before, but it seems to have disappeared in Windows 10. Any Ideas? 59956
  7. Can't boot from usb dvd

Can't boot from usb dvd: Hi Roomies @, I just upgrade to Win 10 PRO 1511 on my Lenovo laptop and burned a win 10 pro DVD. I would like to do a clean install but I'm not able to find my DVD drive on Bios or boot manager. Can someone please help me? Here are some images . [img] [img] [img]...
  8. Boot From USB/DVD

Boot From USB/DVD: I am so confused I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I want to install/dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 8, but with the tutorial, there's so much Win 7/Win 8, 8.1 included that I'm crosseyed! HP Pavilion g Series Windows 8.1 Pro laptop with BIOS, not UEFI. I want...
  9. Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD

Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD: Trying to do a clean install booting from DVD or USB created w Media Creation Tool: Windows 7 x86 and x64 boots from DVD or USB Windows 10 x86, boots from DVD or USB. Windows 10 x64, from DVD loads the blue window and then nothing more. Have to switch off/on to get out...
  10. Boot from a linux DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from a linux DVD: Can someone give a simple method so I can boot from a DVD drive which has a linux DVD? I am not interested in having duel boot capability. 53972