Windows 10: Boot straight to desktop?

Discus and support Boot straight to desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI Group, I'm wondering if anyone running build 9926 has found a way to Boot straight to desktop without any login prompts? Appreciate your help. Bob... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bob Hansen, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Boot straight to desktop?

HI Group, I'm wondering if anyone running build 9926 has found a way to Boot straight to desktop without any login prompts? Appreciate your help. Bob *Biggrin

:)

Bob Hansen, Jan 25, 2015

2. Asus laptop does not boot, goes straight to BIOS, even after reinstalling windows. URGENT.

UPDATE: It’s back to crashing with a critical process error, and going back into a BIOS loop that I can only sometimes get out of.

Aravind Mantravadi, Jan 25, 2015
  3. Asus laptop does not boot, goes straight to BIOS, even after reinstalling windows. URGENT.

1)no hardware changes were made at all

2)Usually it’s critical_process_died, but before I reinstalled windows all sorts of errors appeared.

3)yes, its up to date

Right now ive managed to get past the BIOS loop, and it’s been working for an unusally long time (around 40 minutes), so I’ll try and troubleshoot the errors

Aravind Mantravadi, Jan 25, 2015
  4. Boot straight to desktop?

Oh boy! Forgive me if this gets L...o...n...g.

I tried so many things on my first install of Windows 10, 9926, that I got it totally screwed up.
    Nothing that I found, here or elsewhere seemed to work for me.
    Oh, on that first install, the time was off, and the only time zone presented was the Pacific time zone.*

So I grabbed another spare HD and did a fresh new install to the new drive. Going very carefully through the first few screens in the Setup, I found one little line in one of the login screens that said Log In without a Microsoft Account. (or something like that),
    I went there and VOILA I was able to finish the install without ever putting in a password.
    * On my second install, all of the time zones were presented, like what I'm used to.

Now when I boot to Windows 10, it goes right to the Desktop.

Then I tried loading the Classic shell and found out I had an old and incompatible version. So I went to the Classic Shell homepage and found a Green Line there, where I could download the latest version for Windows 10.

So now I have Windows 10 booting to my classic desktop..... just like my Windows XP or Windows 8.1.
    I hope that helps.

But, try as I may, I still don't have Windows Mail working. There has to be a way. ???

*Cool

TechnoMage, Jan 25, 2015
  5. gzt7d8 Win User
    Bob this is in the tutorial, this will help.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

gzt7d8, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot straight to desktop?

1. Boot straight to desktop? - Similar Threads - Boot straight desktop

2. Pc boots straight into recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc boots straight into recovery: Hi for about 2 days I have been trying to fix my pc because everytime it keeps booting straight into recovery mode no matter what I do I believe it started right after I deleted cyberlink DVD and restarted it and when I am in recovery mode there is no option to change start...
  3. Boot Straight to Desktop on Startup - Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot Straight to Desktop on Startup - Windows 10 Education: I have found many instructions on how to do this on Windows 10 (run netplwiz, checkbox) but that checkbox does not exist on Windows 10 Education. Is there some kind of workaround that will allow me to bypass the login screen on Win 10 Edu? submitted by /u/and_eazy [link]...
  4. I'm just wanting to boot straight to the desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm just wanting to boot straight to the desktop: Hi, I'm currently running the latest beta insider build of windows 10 pro version. I'm the only person who uses my computer, it seems as though dear old microsoft has really made it very difficult to not utilize the lock screen and completely be able to bypass the welcome...
  5. I'm just wanting to boot straight to the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm just wanting to boot straight to the desktop: Hi, I'm currently running the latest beta insider build of windows 10 pro version. I'm the only person who uses my computer, it seems as though dear old microsoft has really made it very difficult to not utilize the lock screen and completely be able to bypass the welcome...
  6. Go straight to Desktop after Display turns off

Go straight to Desktop after Display turns off: I've had a search but can't find what I'm after. I have my laptop set to turn off the screen after 10 mins. I don't have a Microsoft account which I have to sign into on each start. On my previous 8.1 laptop after the screen had turned off, I could move my mouse and it...
  7. Unable to get Windows 10 to boot straight to desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to get Windows 10 to boot straight to desktop: Good Evening Reddit Family, I have been trying to hard to get my computer to boot windows 10 straight to desktop. I do not want it to ask me for a password or any other information or make me click to login. I just want to hit power and boom I am at my desktop. I have gone...
  8. can't bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop

can't bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop: I have read this thread "Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password" and I am either confused by the verbage or it just doesn't work for me. My situation is a brand new Dell laptop with win 10 pro. Out of box setup forced me to enter a pin, and I assume...
  9. Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!: This is the second XPS that Dell sent me that has this problem I believe the BIOS comes up after tapping F2 but you can't see it!. The only way around it is to remove the secondary graphics card and boot from the onboard video card to get to the BIOS or Safe Mode etc. You...
  10. how do I go straight to desktop

how do I go straight to desktop: I want to be able to go straight to desktop when the computer wakes up or turns on. I do not want to see 'like what you see' or a login prompt. I am the only one using my computer and am tired of having to click my way to the desktop every time I sit down. These features are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. straight to desktop on startup