Windows 10: Boot time issue on Windows 10 1803.

Discus and support Boot time issue on Windows 10 1803. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On 5-14-18 I noticed that my boot times went from 28.734 seconds to 73.343 seconds. This started after the 1803 update was installed on 5-4-18. Boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Murphcid, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Murphcid Win User

Boot time issue on Windows 10 1803.

On 5-14-18 I noticed that my boot times went from 28.734 seconds to 73.343 seconds. This started after the 1803 update was installed on 5-4-18. Boot racer shows that Windows boot time has shot through the roof, with it taking a phenominal amount of time. I checked the logs and it shows that on 5-14-18 package kb4103721 was installed. It says that Background Intelligent Transfer Service was changed from demand start to auto start on 5-14-18. But it kept switching back and forth. There is an error on that date but I don't recall what changed on that date. I have looked at Windows Update, and I did not update anything on that day nor did I install any software that I recall. What do I need to do to get back to my 28 second boot times? ThanksI have been troubleshooting it for a while and I cannot figure out what the heck is going on.

:)

Murphcid, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Boot time issue on Windows 10 1803. - Similar Threads - Boot issue 1803

2. Long windows boot time issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long windows boot time issue: Has anyone else been having longer boot times since updating to the most recent version of windows 10. I updated on Dec 10th and it takes anywhere between 10-20 minutes now when it used to take 30 seconds to 2 minutes. submitted by /u/Tri3nforcer [link] [comments]...
  3. windows 10 1803 fails every time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 1803 fails every time.: I know there is a lot of these and i have tried almost if not everything. i have tried the update route the media creation route using both windows tool and rufus and i have reset the server route and i have done the sfc /scannow and the dism route. i have a hp envy x2...
  4. Windows 10 Boot times issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot times issue: Hello, so i am puzzled by the way my windows 10 boots. First off, if I do a complete system shutdown and turn the PC back on, it boots in about 20 seconds. If I do a restart while the PC is already in windows it takes 6-7 minutes. Most recently we had two power surges at...
  5. 1803 Install Issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Install Issues Windows 10: I am installing and have 18 packets, or sections installed, how many more are there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/1803-install-issues-windows-10/f4dedd5f-2d25-474d-ad9a-89bb0927f394
  6. windows 10 1803 Network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 1803 Network issues: windows 10 1803 Network issues... is a patch available or what is a REALLY SIMPLE and SUCCESSFUL workaround? The ones I seen so far seem to vary and look complicate without any confidence, for me at least, that they WILL REALLY work. Microsoft keep promoting W10 so when is...
  7. Very long Boot time after update 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very long Boot time after update 1803: Goodmorning I've just updated my probook 4530s to 1803 version of windows 10 I have an ssd installed on my notebook. After update the boot time is over 2 minutes. Before the update was really fast, like few seconds. The boot start with the windows logo for few seconds,...
  8. Boot time issue on Windows 10 1803.

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot time issue on Windows 10 1803.: On 5-14-18 I noticed that my boot times went from 28.734 seconds to 73.343 seconds. This started after the 1803 update was installed on 5-4-18. Boot racer shows that Windows boot time has shot through the roof, with it taking a phenominal amount of time. I checked the logs...
  9. Boot time issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot time issue: On 5-14-18 I noticed that my boot times went from 28.734 seconds to 73.343 seconds. This started after the 1803 update was installed on 5-4-18. Boot racer shows that Windows boot time has shot through the roof, with it taking a phenominal amount of time. I checked the logs...
  10. Issues with Windows 10 1803 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issues with Windows 10 1803 update: On Friday afternoon, after I rebooted my computer once again because of the memory leak I talked about in my very first thread, I discovered my computer was downloading updates. It turned out to be another feature update, which filled me with dread after the bad experience...