Windows 10: Boot time significantly Increased

Discus and support Boot time significantly Increased in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Guy and Gals , My system used to boot up Quite Fast ( almost instantly SSD Drive C ), i added a hard drive and noticed a significant increase in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pantz, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Pantz Win User

Boot time significantly Increased

Hello Guy and Gals , My system used to boot up Quite Fast ( almost instantly SSD Drive C ), i added a hard drive and noticed a significant increase in my boot up time , the drive i added , i decided that i would not use it ( Not Big Enough ), so i removed it,

I then noticed that my Boot time increased Significantly ( not almost instantly before i added the HD) i went to my disk management and checked my hard Drives and it asked me if i wanted to initialize disk 0 ?

The only Drive i am concerned with is the SSD Drive which is labeled C:\ in disk management that is where my OS is sitting , ( and also disk 1 ? ) i was given a prompt with the Default option GPT GUID partition table

i am not sure if i should go with the Default option ? and would choosing that option revert my C Drive to the Fast boot up time it had Previous to adding the HD ? any help would be appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Also i just found out that i have a whole HD missing , the was in 3 Partitions ... not looking good

:)

Pantz, Mar 5, 2017

2. Unexpected shutdown when waking up from sleep or power on

Thank you

It works, but booting time is increased significantly.

- No_More-, Mar 5, 2017
  3. BOOT time significantly higher

Mike

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for
    the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

Please upload and share with everyone fresh copies of your
    System
    and Application logs (two files) from your Event Viewer to your One Drive and post a link here. You can remove the earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

Please upload and share with everyone copies of your
    Diagnostics –Performance Operational log from your Event Viewer to your OneDrive and post a link here.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From
    the list in the left side of the window select
    Application and Services Logs. Expand and then expand Microsoft,
    Diagnostics -Performance. Place the cursor on Operational, select
    Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Mar 5, 2017
  4. Pantz Win User

Hello Guys and Gals , sorry i did not explain how i fixed it, I removed the HD that was not Recognized and rebooted the PC and it seems that the boot up was back to normal,

I then Re-attache the un-recognized HD and the boot time was back to normal, i believe that when i attached and removed the new HD , it seem that a Cable was not seated all the way in. a mistake on my part , i should have checked the HD Cables

Thanks

Pantz, Mar 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Boot time significantly Increased - Similar Threads - Boot significantly Increased

2. Increase in Booting time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase in Booting time: Hi,I am a windows 11 user and recently i downloaded some softwares like epic games , plarium playa game , started to download hitman starter pack from XBOX but stopped it in between , Grand RP..just after downloading all these and setting up i deleted them all completely for...
  3. Increase in Booting time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase in Booting time: Hi,I am a windows 11 user and recently i downloaded some softwares like epic games , plarium playa game , started to download hitman starter pack from XBOX but stopped it in between , Grand RP..just after downloading all these and setting up i deleted them all completely for...
  4. Increased boot time after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increased boot time after windows update: Recently i upgrdaded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro edition on my lenovo legion y540 laptop which is a high end pc and has only been used for less than a year. Prior to update, the boot time was very less. But now there is a loading icon under legion symbol which goes...
  5. Diagnosing increased boot times?

Diagnosing increased boot times?: What are the best methods for diagnosing increased boot times? I have an Asus Vivobook laptop purchased new in January; boot times when new were about 10-15 seconds from power on to the lock screen. However, this has now increased to 40 seconds.I have tried the following: -...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Times Increasing On Every Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Times Increasing On Every Boot: For the last few months, Windows 10 has been taking an incrementally long time to boot to the Windows loader every time I boot from a full hybernation or shutdown that was performed several hours prior. And I do mean incrementally long. The time it takes for the Dell splash...
  7. The Boot time significantly increased from 5 to 30 sec

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Boot time significantly increased from 5 to 30 sec: Hey there, So my laptop (Acer Swift 3 SF315-52-87R5) had a charging port issue I had sent it back to the manufacturer where they had replaced the motherboard after receiving the laptop everything works fine there is no issue with the laptop. I gave it fresh install of...
  8. PC boot time suddenly increases

PC boot time suddenly increases: So after years of using a HDD as a boot drive I finally upgraded to an SSD and used it fully as a boot drive and the boot time was like 5 seconds. However recently it became more than 20 seconds out of the blue. I at first thought it was because of a new PCI-E WiFi card I...
  9. Increased boot up time

Increased boot up time: my boot up time has increased gradually as i have installed software's on my windows pc,if i uninstall the unimportant ones(games,video editing,etc.) will it resort back to approximately the same speed? i have closed all the unnecessary startup items,regularly clean my...
  10. Boot time increase

Boot time increase: Hey guys, a few days ago I had to use my gigabyte's backup bios due to corruption, and now my pc takes upto a minute to boot instead of about 10-15 seconds. (stays on gigabyte screen till boot). Any ideas? 55114