Windows 10: Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen

Discus and support Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My 4 week old new machine started off very fast boot and now keeps getting slower and slower. My 1Tb drive is only 2% occupied, barely filled On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DAVEY JONES, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen

My 4 week old new machine started off very fast boot and now keeps getting slower and slower. My 1Tb drive is only 2% occupied, barely filled

On start up, after bios post screen, I now get a black screen with white horizontal cursors dancing around on it. After that stops the windows logo appears, but I time it at 1 min. 48 sec. to boot compared to 30 seconds at first. The last time this happened on my last machine, it wasn't long before I was building this machine as apparently the HDD died. I've no idea what is going on.

:)

DAVEY JONES, Jan 14, 2017

2. My Laptop wouldn't boot after Windows 10 reset

Wondering if the update applied as while you were booting. I'm running Win97 here at work but have four Win10 boxes at the house but haven't tried them this am.

Some of the folks here with Win10 are just seeing black screen with a spinning wait icon that never boots. Others "work" but usually apps slow. and one fellow has had no problems at all. So very strange.

LightStampCode, Jan 14, 2017
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

hi,

so ever since i installed the lastest Windows 10 update (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176495)) I get a black lock screen BACKGROUND.

i can still see the clock, just as it would be on my normal background on the lockscreen, only now it is just plain black.

as soon as i click my mouse or press a button to log on, the black background is gone and is replaced by the normal background (i use windows spotlight).

just to clarify, this is not the common problem people seem to have with a plain black screen and just a mouse cursor when they boot up. i've seen this passing on forums, but it is not that problem.

i can log on just fine, i can see the clock on the lockscreen but instead of a nice windows spotlight background, it is plain black...

very strange and i have only been having this problem since this last update. anyone else have this problem?

PS: another strange thing is that ever since the update, windows apps start up very slow. like Mail: it used to start up in a mere second, now it takes at least 6 (btw i have an SSD so this is not normal..)

BillSmeets, Jan 14, 2017
  4. Rocky Win User

Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen

I have a 2 year old computer that has a 50% full drive and it takes me about 3 to 4 seconds to completely boot up. I think that you need to run some scans on your system.

What version of Windows 10 are you running? Do you have a hard drive or an SSD? Have you run a sfc /scannow?

Rocky, Jan 14, 2017
Thema:

Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen

1. Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen - Similar Threads - Boot getting very

2. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  3. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  4. Booting is very slow

Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  5. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  6. Very slow boot up

Very slow boot up: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to its latest version, but after I updated it, my pc began to boot up so very slow. It would take up to less than an hour or 30 mins. I already tried doing what I had read in this article...
  7. Boot is very slow

Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  8. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot up: For a couple of months now my computer has been booting up very slowly, and by this i mean 2 to 5 min. I have spent much of the time since this started researching what is causing it. I cant seem to find anyone else who has the same problem as most people crash where as i...
  9. Very long boot and black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long boot and black screen: So recently I have been getting very long boot times, not sure how long as after 20 mins I get bored and walk off. After silly amount of time trying to boot it comes to a black screen with a mouse curser. Ctrl + alt + del does not work but I found pressing start + r and...
  10. Very Slow Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very Slow Boot: Until yesterday (New Updates) i have Very Slow Boot and Installed Applications needs so much time to opens. I have Intel Core i5 4670K, SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and 8 GB RAM. Yesterday Computer works normally until today. 9131