Windows 10: Boot windows 7 after Win10 install

Discus and support Boot windows 7 after Win10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So like a dispshit I did not read the dual boot directions because I really did not expect it to be this big of bitch to dual boot.. So how do I boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterFragon, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Boot windows 7 after Win10 install

So like a dispshit I did not read the dual boot directions because I really did not expect it to be this big of bitch to dual boot.. So how do I boot into windows 7 if I did not do the dual boot instructions?

:)

PeterFragon, Apr 18, 2015

2. I would like to install that windows 7 for a dual boot with Win10 on an empty drive

Original Title: Dual boot, Win10 with Win 7

I have installed windows 10 some months ago, i have my older copy of original windows 7 on DVD, i would like to install that windows 7 for a dual boot with Win10 on an empty drive. Is this possible and how to start with it?

I had read that you can not install older versions when you have newer versions of Windows during a dual boot.

AmeyaPatkar, Apr 18, 2015
  3. jc_863 Win User
    In Startup & Recovery "default operating system" shows "Windows 7", even though PC upgraded to Win10

No: I created the recover disk using the Create Recovery Disk option in settings on my Win10 computer. I booted from that USB.

The "Windows 7" boot record that I included above (bootloader) is from C: - not the recovery disk, the primary boot partition.

The reference to "Default Operating System: Windows 7" is from the System Properties|Advanced|Startup and recovery in settings ON MY WINDOWS 10 PC, booted normally from the C:

It appears to me that the reference to Windows 7 is coming from the boot record on this upgraded Win10 PC.

I think you are recommending I download the Win10 ISO and do a clean install? Everything is setup on this PC as I want it and has been for a long time since the upgrade months ago. I don't want a clean
    install.

jc_863, Apr 18, 2015
  4. Charlie Win User

Boot windows 7 after Win10 install

Charlie, Apr 18, 2015
  5. I tried all that it, seems like 10051 does not see me other OS and does not give the option to choose another OS. Gonna revert back to 10049..

PeterFragon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot windows 7 after Win10 install

1. Boot windows 7 after Win10 install - Similar Threads - Boot Win10 install

2. Won't boot win10 64bit after install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't boot win10 64bit after install: Right after win10 install when it's restarting I have a black screen which turns my monitor off and on, meaning the computer is recognising it's booting? However it just stops and repeats this process. I know there isn't a problem with my build as I am able to download and...
  3. Fedora dual boot not showing after win10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fedora dual boot not showing after win10 installation: I had Fedora 31 & win7 on my system. After installing Windows10 pro, Fedora dual boot disappeared & directly win10 loading. How to get back dual boot? Win10 have dual boot?...
  4. Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7

Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7: The win7 mentioned is latest since it is auto-updated. win10 is version 1903. This is not the first time I am doing this. Months ago I did it on my own PC: old system is win7 with single HDD, I shrink the win7 partition to spare new volume for win10, install win10 with USB...
  5. Will Windows 7 still boot after Windows 10 clean install?

Will Windows 7 still boot after Windows 10 clean install?: I have a Dell laptop which came with an OEM version of Windows 7 installed. the laptop BIOS is in Legacy mode and HDD is type MBR. I have clean installed a trial version of Windows 10 on a separate HDDalso type MBR doing so by swapping out the Win 7 HDD using the same laptop....
  6. Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.: I recently installed Windows 7 alongside Windows 10 for better support for older games, however Windows 10 will now no longer boot, it simply goes to a black screen with a circle of spinning dots with occasional disk activity. I have left it like this for at least 3 hours...
  7. Dual Boot Win 7 and Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot Win 7 and Win10: Apologies if this is 'old hat'. I'm having trouble with win 10 (getting wifi working) and have a thread specifically on that subject already open. I'm in the position of installing win10 on my son's laptop and soon have to give it to him - but he lives 80 miles away. Win10...
  8. Clean-install Windows 7 after the Win10 revert option has expired?

Clean-install Windows 7 after the Win10 revert option has expired?: Hi.. I see there's a fairly recent thread called "Downgrading to Windows 7" but that's not applicable to me. I haven't got the "go back to an earlier build" recovery option. So, here's my situation: HDD 0 is my surfing C drive, and has Win10 - that Win10 being a July...
  9. Install Windows 7 with a Win10 PE

Install Windows 7 with a Win10 PE: I have a computer that came with Windows 8, I currently have it upgraded to Windows 10. I want to install Windows 7. It's a Acer desktop and in their infinite wisdom decided to blacklist the Win 7 installer in the BIOS Now I could downgrade the BIOS to an earlier...
  10. Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot

Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot: Bought a new computer with windows 10 installed, but my work from home job requires windows 7. I don't want to get rid of windows 10, as I will need it for other things, so I'm trying to install windows 7 onto a separate partition so that I can dual boot between the two. I...