Windows 10: Bootcamp Windows 10 Thunderbolt not reconized

Discus and support Bootcamp Windows 10 Thunderbolt not reconized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just rebooted my MacBook pro retina and reinstalled windows 10 via bootcamp. I have an external ssd and I usually rely on thunderbolt. It also have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheRandomBrian, May 15, 2016.

1. Bootcamp Windows 10 Thunderbolt not reconized

I just rebooted my MacBook pro retina and reinstalled windows 10 via bootcamp. I have an external ssd and I usually rely on thunderbolt. It also have usb 3. Problem is, thunderbolt is not being recognized in windows 10. It works with the os x partition. So I am trying to find the correct driver to get it working. I formatted the drive to exFat to work with both os x and windows 10. I want to transfer files back and forth like music, photos and apps. Anyways, my main problem is trying to get the thunderbolt drive to work. My external drive lights up but nothing picks up on windows. Any help I can get? Thanks in advance.

:)

TheRandomBrian, May 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 Update 1709 Blue Screens with Thunderbolt SSDs.

Hello. I am currently running Windows 10 version 1703 on an 2013 Apple 27" iMac via Bootcamp. I have an external Thunderbolt SSD connected. This works very well. However, Windows keeps trying to update to version 1709. When this happens, the computer
    blue screens with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I have isolated this issue to the external Thunderbolt device. If I unplug the Thunderbolt, the update completes successfully. But when I plug the Thunderbolt devices back in, Windows will no longer boot, again
    blue screening with the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.

I have to disconnect the Thunderbolt drive to get Windows to boot, then roll back the install to 1703 for the computer to be usable again with the Thunderbolt device.

Any suggestions?

JoeTheZombie, May 15, 2016
  3. Thunderbolt 2 bootcamp windows 10

Hello.

I've been trying to solve this problem for over a year, checking the internet every so often to see if there is a solution. But nothing as yet, so I'm reaching out to see if anyone can help.

I've got a MacBook pro retina display. intel pro 1500 iris graphics card. I'm running bootcamp windows 10. its got two thunderbolt ports and I'm trying to connect to an I-mac to make use of the massive screen. I think the iMac is mid 2014. But its not happening
    at all. I've read everything there is to read on the net on this subject and have tried everything I can.

The thunderbolt connection works perfectly on the osx side and I know its not hot pluggable. This doesn't make a difference anyway. I've updated all the drivers for everything, I've reinstalled boot camp. I've even put windows on the iMac, nothing. Also,
    I've had it hooked up via the HDMI port to a monitor and that works fine. The iMac has exactly the same problem coming the other way to the MacBook.

I have limited knowledge of computers but the thunderbolt doesn't seem to be recognized by the device manager. its like they don't exist.

hopefully someone has an idea.

thanks for reading.

RickyBabtner, May 15, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Bootcamp Windows 10 Thunderbolt not reconized

5. TheRandomBrian, May 16, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    I tested the driver download, extracted the compressed zip without issues:

Bootcamp Windows 10 Thunderbolt not reconized [​IMG]

Launched the installer, no issues:

Bootcamp Windows 10 Thunderbolt not reconized [​IMG]

7. Ok, so installation went successfully. I forgot to unzip. I'm such a scrub. lol
    Anyways, but my device is still not being picked up on windows...I tried connection with usb 3 and it got picked up in connection. But not thunderbolt...its strange because it works with my mac os x partition...hmmm

*UPDATE*
    Strange. It got picked up after restarting the computer only while it is plugged in. No notifications or anything. I guess this will do then. If I were to plug it back in, nothing. Oh well. Thanks though. ^_^

TheRandomBrian, May 16, 2016
  8. klutzak Win User

Having the same problem, so thanks for the idea to plug in the drive before booting.
    I dug a little deeper and I think that Win in bootcamp sees thunderbolt as PCIe, so a thunderbolt drive would not work like an external drive; it would work like a internal drive on a secondary bus.
    So the behavior of not seeing the drive if its not attached upon boot makes sense.
    Not very convenient, but it makes sense.

klutzak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bootcamp Windows 10 Thunderbolt not reconized - Similar Threads - Bootcamp Thunderbolt reconized

2. Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp: Can I transfer Windows 10 from my current computer to iMac with built in bootcamp program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-imac-with-bootcamp/2bec7a24-8fc3-4dff-980e-35ffa4fca429
  3. Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp: Can I transfer Windows 10 from my current computer to iMac with built in bootcamp program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-imac-with-bootcamp/2bec7a24-8fc3-4dff-980e-35ffa4fca429
  4. Windows 10 is not reconizing blank disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 is not reconizing blank disc: I have a new HP with Windows 10 installed on it. I am trying to burn some music to a disc. Everytime i put a blank disc in its spits it out and says the disc is not Blank. HOWEVER, IT IS BLANK. Please help. Thank you,...
  5. Windows 10 version of Bootcamp?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 version of Bootcamp?: I can't find any proper info about how to do this... I want to be able to choose which OS to startup on when i turn on my pc submitted by /u/MaxPayne4life [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdp0v0/windows_10_version_of_bootcamp/
  6. Windows 10 bootcamp activation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 bootcamp activation: I used boot camp to make my mac run windows but I cannot change any settings as it is not activated. does anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bootcamp-activation/f429e425-1cea-4efe-a46d-20ebe875d526
  7. Bootcamp deleted on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bootcamp deleted on Windows 10?: Hi, I have a Macbook pro, on which I have Mac Os Catalina and I installed Windows 10 through Bootcamp. I just reset Windows to normal, but I didn't notice that the Bootcamp assistant was on it. Now it is no longer there and I can no longer switch to Mac OS. Can I reinstall...
  8. Bootcamp putting windows 10

Bootcamp putting windows 10: I’ve tried to put Windows 10 onto a MacBook for a computer course and using Boot Camp it gets up to 33% on loading windows in and stops dead no warning codes nothing both Apple and Microsoft are saying it’s the other persons fault has anybody come up with the same problem and...
  9. ghost recon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ghost recon: hi there i have just recently upgraded too windows 10 from 8.1 . having some bother trying too rteinstall some off the games i play , i cant seem too get ghost recon future soldier installed, anyone have ant ideas p[lz? thanks would be real appreciated.......regards john 44990
  10. Windows 10 on bootcamp

Windows 10 on bootcamp: I have recently installed a newly bought version of Windows 10 pro onto my Macbook Pro using bootcamp. Everything is working fine and I am very impressed with the speed of the system, however looking at disk cleanup it says I have an old windows file containing 16 gb, my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thunderbolt driver windows 10 bootcamp

2. bootcamp thunderbolt drivers windows 10

3. bootcamp no recognize thunderbold3 windows 10

4. bootcamp windows 10 thunderbolt external display,
  5. windows 10 thunderbolt,
  6. windows 10 thunderbolt driver bootcamp,
  7. windows thunderbolt driver bootcamp,
  8. mac mini thunderbolt 3 driver windows 10,
  9. bootcamp thunderbolt driver,
  10. nu vot,
  11. windows 10 bootcamp thunderbolt 3 driver,