Windows 10: Booting from USB Drive

Discus and support Booting from USB Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i boot up my computer i go to the boot menu and i try booting from my usb drive it doesn't work. My computer just ignores it and normally launches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndrewH_26, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Booting from USB Drive

When i boot up my computer i go to the boot menu and i try booting from my usb drive it doesn't work. My computer just ignores it and normally launches as if nothing happened.

Could anyone help?

Thank you

:)

AndrewH_26, Aug 21, 2018
  2. panchoman Win User

Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Booting from USB Drive nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Aug 21, 2018
  4. D-rock Win User

Booting from USB Drive

Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Booting from USB Drive

1. Booting from USB Drive - Similar Threads - Booting USB Drive

2. Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 and does not have any operating system. I have a usb with Windows 10 and there is no option to boot from usb. There is a option to boot a single file but not the whole usb....
  3. Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 and does not have any operating system. I have a usb with Windows 10 and there is no option to boot from usb. There is a option to boot a single file but not the whole usb....
  4. Wont Boot From A USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wont Boot From A USB Drive: I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But I have a PC with no OS on it and now it's in a boot loop. So I made a Bootable USB Drive of Windows 10 installation files on it. But my PC Boots to the USB then gets stuck and reboots making another boot loop. I can...
  5. Wont Boot From A USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wont Boot From A USB Drive: I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But I have a PC with no OS on it and now it's in a boot loop. So I made a Bootable USB Drive of Windows 10 installation files on it. But my PC Boots to the USB then gets stuck and reboots making another boot loop. I can...
  6. Wont Boot From A USB Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't Boot From USB Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Boot From USB Drive: I have an older Dell XPS l1521x and I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10. I used Microsoft's Creation Tool to make the usb stick, but when I plug it in and reboot it just goes into Windows. So I went into the bios A18 and saw secure boot was enabled. From reading some...
  8. Boot from USB drive for Inspiron 3543

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from USB drive for Inspiron 3543: So I have been trying to reset the password to my Inspiron 3543 using various programs, and making my usb drive a password reset key. Right now, using the program Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer, I have followed the necessary instructions and burnt the files to the usb...
  9. Boot from usb hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from usb hard drive?: I have an external hard drive that I use for backups. Is it possible to install Windows to the drive and then use it as an alternative boot drive? 133574
  10. Booting from USB drive questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Booting from USB drive questions: OK I have been trying for the last 2 days to boot from a usb drive on my computer, read some of the tutorials on how to do this method. Nothing seems to work so far. Been trying the recovery method, then choosing Advance setup. That works to the point of showing my choices,...