Windows 10: Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines

Discus and support Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have searched the entire internet for something similar to this problem and haven't found anything, So I decided to post here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hugorafael, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines

Hello everyone,

I have searched the entire internet for something similar to this problem and haven't found anything, So I decided to post here hoping you guys could help me debug this problem and help other people in the future.

My system:
    2HDDs 500gb 2.5"
    i7-4790
    16gb RAM

So I recently bought (1 week ago) an SSD from Sandisk, model SSD PLUS 120GB, the first thing I tried to do was clone my windows drive to the SSD but that didn't work, it showed a black screen as the one in the picture I am attaching.

I gave up cloning and decided to install fresh, but since I didnt have any flashdrive lying aroud I made a bootable partition in one of my HDD and transfered windows installer there.

I deleted all SSD partitions and let windows installer format a new drive and install there, installation went fine but the same black screen shows up when I boot to SSD, I inserted this SSD on another computer and the same result, black screen.

The SSD is apparently working since I can read/write data on it.

I am being able to boot into the windows in my SSD because my windows installer on the other drive recognizes that I have a windows 10 installed somewhere and gives me the option to boot there. But if I remove the drive that has the windows installer I get stuck in the black screen.

Anyone has ever seen this? Do you have any suggestion of what I should do? Is this drive broken?

Thanks in Advance
    Regards,

Hugo

Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines [​IMG]

Update: I have never performed this Sanitization process in my SSD, I am also attaching a new picture showing How I am being able to boot into win10. After the bios tries to boot from ssd a couple of times it gives up and moves to the next drive, then this screen shows up:

Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines [​IMG]

I know im booting from SSD when I choose Windows 10 because I dont have any other OS installed and the speed is lightning quick.

:)

hugorafael, Sep 10, 2017

2. Why does Windows 10 take so long to boot?

Here it is December 21, 2015, and no one has answered this green flash/startup screen occurrence in Windows 10.

I recently upgraded my daughter's Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200 model laptop to Windows 10 Home, and after reinstalling some drivers to get all devices working properly as seen in the Device Manager, all has worked well.

But then I upgraded my daughter's laptop hard drive to an SSD yesterday, and for some reason during the boot/startup process her normal Toshiba black screen with dotted circle shows briefly but then changes to a green dotted circle screen before arriving
    to the normal lock screen where one hits a key to start their log-in. This issue didn't have anything to do with the SSD install, itself, as the green screen started to appear first when the original hard drive was still installed. So, it has nothing to
    do with the hard drive to SSD upgrade, itself. I had cloned the hard drive to the SSD, so all data and settings were carried over.

My question is this: Why the green dotted circle screen during boot up right after the normal Toshiba boot screen and before the Windows welcome/lock screen? What does it mean?

The computer seems to work just find and the screen appears and disappears quickly with this new SSD, so it doesn't seem to harm anything, but it must mean something. Even when the old hard drive was installed it didn't seem to change boot times for that hard
    drive. One thing I have noticed, however, is that when I tap a key to go from the welcome screen to lock/sign-in screen, Windows seems to ignore me longer than it should, but after a couple attempts finally shows the sign-in screen.

A response from someone at Microsoft would be good here, if just to say why the startup boot screen color is green now instead of the usual blue screen like it used to be. Thanks...

Ed Stoddard, Sep 10, 2017
  3. Shouto Win User
    A wavy pixel line on my screen

Good afternoorn,

A mysterious pixel line showed up on my monitor after leaving my laptop alone for a week. The color of the distorted line is black, blue in the middle, a bit of green and a bit of red. is it a screen crack or some kind of dead pixel?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Shouto, Sep 10, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines

The problem is because your boot files got written to the HDD that you booted the computer from to install Windows 10. You can either create a FAT32 EFI System Partition on the SSD and write the boot files to it using the bcdboot command - or bite the bullet, purchase a USB flash drive to create a Windows 10 installer and use that to install Windows 10 with - highly recommended that you disconnect the second Hard Drive when you install Windows 10 to the SSD.

NavyLCDR, Sep 10, 2017
  5. Thank for your reply, I was just doing exactly that and problem solved.

Got a new flash drive, disconnected everything but the SSD and installed windows clean.

hugorafael, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines

1. Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines - Similar Threads - Booting SSD shows

2. Booting with green and black random line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting with green and black random line: hi, i've facing problem can't go to desktop screen and stuck at boot logo with weird graph background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-with-green-and-black-random-line/33b93088-530f-4349-ab3f-03699e3b18e1
  3. Booting with green and black random line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting with green and black random line: hi, i've facing problem can't go to desktop screen and stuck at boot logo with weird graph background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-with-green-and-black-random-line/33b93088-530f-4349-ab3f-03699e3b18e1
  4. Green lines on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green lines on laptop screen: Hey guys So 2 days ago my laptop asus vivobook 14 was working perfectly fine . so after a little bit , i put my laptop to sleep mode . after that i turn it on boom! full green lines i panicked shut down my pc . gave it a little rest and opened it back up still the same thing...
  5. Green lines on laptop screen

Green lines on laptop screen: Hey guys So 2 days ago my laptop asus vivobook 14 was working perfectly fine . so after a little bit , i put my laptop to sleep mode . after that i turn it on boom! full green lines i panicked shut down my pc . gave it a little rest and opened it back up still the same thing...
  6. There is a green line in my screen ....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a green line in my screen ....: There is this green line unexpectedly appeared on my screen. I've tried multiple ways to get rid of it but, it didn't work for me. I am aware that I might have to get a screen replacement but I'm currently unable to do it... The green line appears even when starting the...
  7. There is a green line in my screen ....

There is a green line in my screen ....: There is this green line unexpectedly appeared on my screen. I've tried multiple ways to get rid of it but, it didn't work for me. I am aware that I might have to get a screen replacement but I'm currently unable to do it... The green line appears even when starting the...
  8. There is a green line in my screen ....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. green line screen flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    green line screen flickering: 10 mins ago i was playing a game out of nowhere a line appeared int he upper side side of the screen it comes and goes in every 5 seconds it flickered my screen after restarting and shutting down twice flickering has stopped line still comes and goes what do i do?...
  10. Green horizontal line on the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Green horizontal line on the screen: I was connecting my laptop to a Smart TV Screen when a horizontal green line appeared on my laptop screen. No prior accident in my laptop happened. Can I troubleshoot anything on my laptop before I resort to screen replacement?...