Windows 10: Booting to Start Screen

Discus and support Booting to Start Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, how can I make Windows 10 boot to start screen automatically like it did in WIndows 8.1? 16447 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob28323, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Bob28323 Win User

Booting to Start Screen

Hello, how can I make Windows 10 boot to start screen automatically like it did in WIndows 8.1?

:)

Bob28323, Aug 14, 2015

2. Booting to Start screen in stead of desktop

Thanks for the quick reply but unfortunately your instructions will not work. As I said in my post there is "NO START" tab on the Taskbar properties window. There are ONLY 3 tabs. 1 - Taskbar, 2 - Navigation, 3 - Toolbars. There is NO "START tab"

Thankyou

DigitalBob(2), Aug 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 booting to Full Screen Start Menu

That was it, Thanks!

TerryMcNicholas237, Aug 14, 2015
  4. strollin Win User

Booting to Start Screen

You can choose to use the Start screen instead of the Start menu but as far as I know, it's not possible to boot to the Start screen.

strollin, Aug 14, 2015
  5. nt62 Win User
    Depends on how you define what a start screen is.
    In tablet mode, your PC will boot to the start menu screen a.k.a. start screen (full screen start menu).

Interestingly, when coming out of sleep, the start menu is displayed.
    ... the Tablet Mode menu is the Windows 10 version of the start screen.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

When booting, in tablet mode ...
    the tablet mode menu start screen is displayed,
    it sits on top of the desktop (covers it).

an example of the 10 start screen (menu)
    this pc boots to this

Booting to Start Screen [​IMG]

The title of this thread is properly correct.
    Many are in denial that a start screen does exist in Windows 10 if enabled.
    You can boot to the start screen in 10.

There is also a theory that Tablet Mode is ONLY for touch devices.
    This is in opposition to the view that TM returns an immersive UI to the OS.
    To those that can appreciate an immersive UI, it is welcome.
    To those that like everything immersive, TM is welcome.
    It is easy to use with a mouse and keyboard on a non-touch desktop.

The Start UI in 10 is WinRT and carries over from 8 / 8.1.1
    All the features of the desktop menu in 10 are of a metro UI design
    and modified by user feedback to include more familiarity.

In 8, the Start was a separate screen.
    In 10 TM, the Start covers the desktop.
    Both require changing views to access the desktop.
    There is no difference. They both can boot to a Start Screen.

nt62, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Booting to Start Screen

1. Booting to Start Screen - Similar Threads - Booting Start Screen

2. Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot: adobe 3rd gen system i try to install windows 10 on legacy boot when i select legacy boot screen gone blank and after 5 sec system getting restart but when i try to boot ntfs it's install without any problem how can i install in legacy boot...
  3. Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot: adobe 3rd gen system i try to install windows 10 on legacy boot when i select legacy boot screen gone blank and after 5 sec system getting restart but when i try to boot ntfs it's install without any problem how can i install in legacy boot...
  4. Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  6. Long black screen before starts to boot

Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  7. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting stuck on start up menu screen: Booting stuck on start up menu screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-stuck-on-start-up-menu-screen/c6a0d6e0-5123-4c98-a28e-f3acab799afd
  9. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

Booting stuck on start up menu screen: Booting stuck on start up menu screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-stuck-on-start-up-menu-screen/c6a0d6e0-5123-4c98-a28e-f3acab799afd
  10. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging