Windows 10: Booting up Explorer & Start page

Discus and support Booting up Explorer & Start page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I opened up my Lenova Yoga this morning and neither Explorer nor the Start page will open. Outlook opens ok. Running Windows 10. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Len723, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Len723 Win User

Booting up Explorer & Start page

I opened up my Lenova Yoga this morning and neither Explorer nor the Start page will open. Outlook opens ok. Running Windows 10. Any ideas?

:)

Len723, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Stuck on Internet Explorer page after Sign in

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to open Task manager and try to close Internet Explorer and check if you are able to get the desktop, and try to reboot and check if the same issue occurs. Refer to the below steps:

• Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc
    • Select Internet Explorer
    • Click on End task and check if you are able to boot to the desktop.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 4, 2018
  3. theking2 Win User
    Start page is not saved

After I went to a complicated set of steps

Clicking ...

• select Settings
    • select A specific page
    • select Custom from the list
    • enter my favourite page
    • removing About:start
    And I close and open Edge the default page is still shown

How do I change the start page in Edge?

theking2, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Internet Explorer not opening on Windows 10

We appreciate the information that you provided. We have several troubleshooting steps that we suggest you perform to help with your concern regarding Internet Explorer.

• It's possible that Internet Explorer needs administrator permission to run properly. We recommend following these steps to run Internet Explorer in administrator mode:

• Click the Start button.

• Type Internet Explorer.

• Right-click Internet Explorer and select Run as administrator.

• If a dialog box pops up, click Yes.

2. Use this specialized Internet Explorer Diagnostic tool to find and fix problems
    with your browser.

3. Boot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and
    see if Internet Explorer runs properly. This will ensure that Windows will run with only a limited set of drivers, and will resolve most software conflicts. If Internet Explorer runs without any problems in Safe Mode, perform a Clean
    Boot
    to resolve the software conflicts.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Let us know if Internet Explorer works properly after following the steps above.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Booting up Explorer & Start page - Similar Threads - Booting Explorer Start

2. Screen Flickering start up page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering start up page: My windows computer surface was just fine until after when I came back. When I started it up it kept flickering and lagging. I tried to restart it but it didn't work. Furthermore it actually showed the start up page when you login. Any help or solutions?...
  3. "Windows Explorer" starts automatically when system boots up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Windows Explorer" starts automatically when system boots up: "Windows Explorer" automatically starts when system boots up, it opens before any other programs stars and shows "Quick access" window. I've checked start-up programs in 'Task Manager" but "Windows Explorer" isn't there. I've been having this problem for a long time....
  4. Laptop boot-up to logon page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop boot-up to logon page: I own a gigabyte Sabre 15 laptop, core i7, DDR4-2400 8G with the latest Windows 10 pro, version 1909, build 18363.836, install 18/11/2019. When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I set up the logon page at boot up, which enables me to prevent anyone taking my laptop and...
  5. Start-up page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up page: On computer start up, I used to see the screen-saver with my desktop icons- i.e, documents. How do I get those icons on the start-up screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-page/9cde8da6-8b9b-40f3-9e95-3f0af9d4aa37
  6. Tiles on start up page

Tiles on start up page: How can I set my tiles alphabetically on Windows 10? I used to be able to do this before I got Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-on-start-up-page/e08d470b-1c9a-4de2-81f6-03b9d6d077c1
  7. Start Up Page

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Up Page: Whenever I wake up my PC which is running Windows 10 I get a lovely photo. I then sign in and that brings up the MS page. I do not want to see the MS page, just my desktop picture, etc. This has just started recently and I would like to eliminate that page right after I...
  8. Start up page

Start up page: my start up page keep changing from the setting that I have,, such as the Theme , my task bar setting, my default app on the internet. When I logout and back in everything on the start up page has change again....
  9. Start-up Page Information

Start-up Page Information: Good Day, I just have a question on the sign in page, where I type my password when my computer starts up. My Pictures shows up and below it shows my name, I would like to know how to change the name that shows up there so it doesn't show my full name. I am on a Windows 10...
  10. Continuously flashing start up page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuously flashing start up page: After signing in on W10 sign in page, start up screen comes up but just keeps flashing, no icons on bottom task bar, curser has revolving blue circle, left click and right click has no effect. The only thing I can do is "control/alt/del to bring up the task manager. Tried...