Windows 10: Booting winpe content from a OS installed hard disk machine

Discus and support Booting winpe content from a OS installed hard disk machine in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a win 7 OS installed machine. I want to boot from a D drive by copying the winpe bootable files into D drive without formatting the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by raj2k16, Aug 15, 2016.

1. raj2k16 Win User

Booting winpe content from a OS installed hard disk machine

Hi,

I have a win 7 OS installed machine. I want to boot from a D drive by copying the winpe bootable files into D drive without formatting the hard disk or disturbing the OS in the machine. Is it possible to boot to the machine from the D drive?

Is there any settings I can specify in the boot menu settings. If I check the boot menu settings, there are options like boot from DVD drive, boot from USB disk, boot from the hard disk are available. How can we do this? please help if any solution is there for this.

Appreciate your help in this.Thanks in advance.

:)

raj2k16, Aug 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 hard drive transfer to another computer

You are correct: I did not really understand what you are trying to do. In fact I am still not 100% sure. Here are some points to consider:

• If you wish to replace the existing 250 GByte disk with a 1 TByte disk then cloning the old disk would be the answer. Acronis True Image could do it.
    • If you want to take your 1 TByte disk from your old machine and use it on your new machine while keeping its contents intact then you are likely to get these results:

- Windows will fail.

- The product key will be invalid.

- The current installation of the disk will be damaged.
    In other words, you cannot take a disk from one machine and use it "as is" on another machine.

Frederik Long, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 15, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Almost all Motherboards have a 'one time boot menu key' that you can tap when the manufacturer logo appears. It will allow you to boot from any bootable drive without changing your settings in BIOS.

We do not know what your system specs are, so can't provide you with many suggestions. Most motherboards are different.

You can go into bios and change the boot order making the drive you want to boot from 1st boot device, save and exit. Once you finish you can go back to bios and change the boot order to what it is right now.

essenbe, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Booting winpe content from a OS installed hard disk machine - Similar Threads - Booting winpe content

2. It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd: NOW I AM USING WIN10PRO WHICH IS INSTALLED IN MY NORMAL HARD DISK. AS MY SYSTEM IS GETTING SLOW I WISH TO CHANGE MY HARD DISK TO SSD. SO IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANFER MY ORIGINAL WIN10PRO TO THE SSD. IF YES HOW...
  3. winPE for Hard disk Diagnostics and Data Recovery purpose

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    winPE for Hard disk Diagnostics and Data Recovery purpose: Hi Friends I am into Data Recovery , Disk Imaging services .I am planning to build advanced winPE USB pen drive for emergency booting and diagnostics purpose. My challenge is to integrate following features in Pen drive --- 1) Pen drive should have latest NVME and USB 3.0...
  4. Unable to boot the OS from disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot the OS from disk: Error message: An operating system wasn't foind. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-boot-the-os-from-disk/9f7af94c-0a17-4cfc-a13b-b03fa0fda026
  5. Remove OS from OLD Hard Disk Drive

Remove OS from OLD Hard Disk Drive: Hello, I installed an SSD on my Laptop. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SSD and formatted the old HDD, but somehow when I boot up my laptop it still goes to the Windows Boot Manager asking which operating system to use. I probably made a mistake because the HDD...
  6. How to access content from a hard disk with only a recovery partition ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to access content from a hard disk with only a recovery partition ?: [ATTACH] Hi, I had to reinstall windows because my computer kept perma-freezing after booting. I have 3 different hard disks: SSD 250 GB (Disque 0) HDD 1 TB (Disque 1) SSD NVMe 1 TB (Disque 2) I installed windows on the fresh emptied ssd nvme, and I also deleted...
  7. Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk: 1. My original hard disk got bad sectors and won't boot. Tried to run recovery options but did not work 2. Cloned it to new disk of same size using Macrium Reflect Free 3. Now can't boot from the cloned disk. 4. Used Windows Bootable USB Media created using Windows Media...
  8. New Hard drive-Install OS without disk

New Hard drive-Install OS without disk: My husband's laptop needed a new hard drive. We bought the laptop refurbished and it didn't come with the Windows 10 disks. We do not have a back up copy. What can I do to reinstall Windows 10? Thanks....
  9. MDT: Not booting into WinPED

MDT: Not booting into WinPED: Hi, I wanted to capture a WIM file on a physical computer using MDT capture task sequence . I booted the computer from PXE, MDT starts and I can select the MDT task. Task starts and applies WinPE and then the computer reboots, but not in WinPE. The computer starts normally...
  10. Issues with creating WinPE disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with creating WinPE disk: Hi all I am following some microsoft documentation that says to use the command Wpeutil createpagefile C:\pagefile /size=256wpeutil is not recognized is what I get. Here is where I found the microsoft page. Install Windows PE - Windows 10 hardware dev under install...