Windows 10: Bootmgr missing error

Discus and support Bootmgr missing error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Has anyone figured out why this happens? I rolled back to 7 Pro because non of the fixes worked. This is an error in all my years using Windows i've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jarfaru, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Jarfaru Win User

Bootmgr missing error

Has anyone figured out why this happens? I rolled back to 7 Pro because non of the fixes worked. This is an error in all my years using Windows i've never seen. And one fix had you put in your Win7 cd. But in the partition no OS shows up. The only way to get rid of it was to do a hard restart. But if you let the computer sit for 20 minutes it would reboot and go to that error message. Believe me when i tell you i tried all the fixes even the command line one.

:)

Jarfaru, Aug 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 blue screen now boot manager gone

Hi Jacob,

Blue screen errors are sometimes caused by a faulty hardware. Now, if you encountered an error, such as bootmgr missing, then it only indicates that the boot sector is damaged or missing. To resolve this blue screen error, we suggest that you perform the
    helpful steps from this article: "Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" error
    when you start Windows.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Aug 15, 2015
  3. J W Stuart, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Bootmgr missing error

Hi Jarfaru,

This problem has occurred to me before. I fixed this by:

1. Inserting a Windows 10 (what version of Windows you have) Installation CD in the computer.
    2. Click "Start-Up Repair"

If these instructions do not fix your problem, open Command Prompt and follow these instructions: Click here.
    These instructions apply for Windows 7, 8 or 10. In Windows 8 or 10 however, you will have to use Method 2 (Dispart).

Hope this helped. If you have any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to ask! *Wink
    Thank you,
    Mosaic Mars

MosaicMars, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Jarfaru Win User
    Thank you for your reply. But i'm sticking with Windows 7 for now. All the fixes you posted i did try and they failed to work. The one where you put in the Windows cd to start up repair was worse because when you get to the petition part of pick an os to repair i had non listed. The command prompt seemed to work for a day and i got the error again.

Jarfaru, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Bootmgr missing error

1. Bootmgr missing error - Similar Threads - Bootmgr missing error

2. BootMgr missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BootMgr missing: The Windows 7 laptop upgraded to Windows 10 version 1803 is now totally inactive. The boot shows mgr missing. I don't have any installed device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootmgr-missing/53116ad5-a0df-4ab2-bdc4-6f7515fb55a5
  3. BOOTMGR is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BOOTMGR is missing: BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart How can I fix this? My laptop won't boot up. I have Windows 10 OS. IMPORTANT: I'm assuming it's because yesterday I went to disk management and merged disks D and C Delete Volume D, Extend Volume C. So now I only have 1...
  4. BOOTMGR IS MISSING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BOOTMGR IS MISSING: Good afternoon folks. I have 500GB HDD. I wanted to boot my laptop and l was greeted with the above message, BOOTMGR IS MISSING. I was told told to press CTR+ALT+DEL to restart but this did not work when I performed the operation. I was forced to use my 160GB HDD rather...
  5. bootmgr is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootmgr is missing: Hello, I've been dealing with this issue since yesterday when I updated and shutdown my computer for the night. I tried all of the fixes listed in the suppport post about...
  6. bootmgr missing

bootmgr missing: bootmgr missing. will not load. have win 10 as a free upgrade over win 7 (about 2 years). Stopped working a couple days ago. When I can occasionally get to the DOS prompt, I am back to DOS 6.1.76. That may be because I have used both the win 10 and win7 recovery disks in...
  7. "BOOTMGR is missing" Error

"BOOTMGR is missing" Error: Hello there, The "BOOTMGR is missing" error I'm having is likely a result of a Manual Shutdown during the Startup process. I've looked through a number of online forums regarding the problem, but haven't had much luck fixing it with my meager computer skills. What are my...
  8. Bootmgr is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootmgr is missing: I did the most recent beta update yesterday and my computer is still processing it, 24 hours later. Now I get the “bootmgr is missing” error msg on reboot and i don’t have and cant find a copy of windows 10 recovery disk.....
  9. BOOTMGR is Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTMGR is Missing: Hi, Having some issues with a desktop upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and was hoping someone might be able to help. The PC was upgraded last Friday with no issues, and has been used and rebooted several times since then, again with no issues encountered. Last night I...
  10. Bootmgr is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootmgr is missing: I had my pc running last month, then when I was on my laptop it started crashing, turned out it was due to an update from malware bytes I eventually went to my main PC and all I get now is bootmgr is missing and all I get now is a black screen I've tried putting in a pen...