Windows 10: border around items in the taskbar

Discus and support border around items in the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed. I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels. But no matter what settings I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rutica, Jul 16, 2016.

1. rutica Win User

border around items in the taskbar

I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed.

I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels.

But no matter what settings I try, my taskbar no longer displays items with a border. If you see my screenshot, you'll see the items on my taskbar are displayed as just words, with no border around them.

How do I get the appearance of a border back, like I had in Windows 7?

Thanks!

:)

rutica, Jul 16, 2016
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

black border around the screen

Hi Jennifer,

Outdated/incompatible drivers are one of the usual reasons why this issue is happening. For us to isolate the issue, we need additional information:

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using? Is it version 1703 or 1709? (To check it, go to
      settings, click System and choose About.)

We'll wait for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 16, 2016
  3. black border around the screen

Hello thank you for the response our pc had just updated this morning causing the problem

JenniferStout, Jul 16, 2016
  4. xpclient Win User

Borders are removed in Windows 10. Only Windows 8.1 and earlier have borders.

xpclient, Dec 3, 2016
Thema:

1. border around items in the taskbar - Similar Threads - border around items

2. white border around profile picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white border around profile picture: with every profile picture that I apply, there seems to be a white border around it as shown in the picture. this is consistent with every picture, no matter what it is. I have checked elsewhere, and the pictures itself don't have any sort of border. Is there any way to fix...
  3. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  4. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  5. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  6. Border around Desktop

Border around Desktop: Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen. Does anyone...
  7. border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    border around active window: I have been working on this for two days now. I upgraded from w7pro to w10pro. As soon as I did I am left with a one inch border around my screen. I have tried various settings and troubleshoots and can not get rid of the border. Last resort is changing the registry...
  8. Black border around monitor

Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  9. Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)?: Well I like the new agenda available at my clock, but is there a way to remove the unsightly white border around the date? I know it goes away when I click on a blank space, but it comes back again everytime I click on the clock in the taskbar. [img] 58880
  10. Border around window screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Border around window screenshot: After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured? [img] 65499

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 border around taskbar items

2. change task bar item borders

3. windows 10 no borders on taskbar items