Windows 10: Bot Automation - How To Run In Separate Instance 24/7?

Discus and support Bot Automation - How To Run In Separate Instance 24/7? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I'm using Pulover's Macro Creator to automate some mundane tasks, for this program to work the GUI needs to stay active. Now I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Romano, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Romano Win User

Bot Automation - How To Run In Separate Instance 24/7?

Hi Everyone,

I'm using Pulover's Macro Creator to automate some mundane tasks, for this program to work the GUI needs to stay active.
    Now I'm using 2 VPSes to keep it fully automated. VPS1 connects to VPS2, on 2 is Pulover's running. I did not find a way to keep one VPS running in the GUI.

The thing now is, I want to run it on my own PC at home 24/7. But when the automation process starts it takes over the mouse, and this happens after every run, this means I will be interrupted every 20-30 minutes. I cannot keep on doing my work like that.

My question is, how can I run this bot 24/7 on another instance that has the Desktop active?
    Use virtualisation on another logged in instance of my Desktop PC?
    It does not work when I log in to another account of my PC and start it, because as soon as I come back to that account it continues, so that doesn't work. It needs to stay operational.

Thanks in advance guys!

:)

Romano, Dec 17, 2017

2. Can I clean install 2nd instance of windows 10?

...after windows 7 free upgraded to windows 10 (to C partition where win7 was)

so I can keep this 1st instance of windows 10 on C: partition (unchanged)

separate from 2nd instance (on separate partition of same harddrive),

i.e. then offer both win10 instances available via dual-boot menu?

Thanks from Stephen

Stephen-on-3rd-Rock, Dec 17, 2017
  3. moazam Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade memory management error

You will only get automated messages from Microsoft Bot team. Don't expect any help from bots.

moazam, Dec 17, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Why not use Virtualization under your own profile?

If you make a hyper-v vm it will automatically pause and resume when you reboot your PC so you could start it and then ignore it pretty much indefinitely. You will see it running in Hyper-V manager but it wouldn't impact your work (assuming you have enough resources to run a VM in the background).

You would have to occasionally check on it to run Windows updates I suppose but other than that nothing. I have a Linux VM that runs like this under Hyper-V - it has been running for about 4 years and I never sign on to it, restart it or update it because it continues to work and only runs Transmission.

There is a good tutorial here for Hyper-V. You could use other virtualization but they don't auto pause and resume and so as you have Enterprise you may as well use that. You would need another license for the VM though.

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 Virtualization Tutorials

Thema:

1. Bot Automation - How To Run In Separate Instance 24/7? - Similar Threads - Bot Automation Run

2. Cpu on 100% 24/7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cpu on 100% 24/7: Hello, In the last week or two my cpu is on 100% load for no reason. I checked the task manager and It seems wmi provider host is the issue. Also there are a lot of PowerShell processes. When looking at the even viewer on windows under wmi activity, there are tons of errors...
  3. Automated check on running process

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automated check on running process: Hi all I have a query related to automating a process within Windows 10. For background, I have several headless machines in what I call my "data dungeon" (it's dark and cold), which I use to run a Python script that scrapes information (publicly available, nothing dodgy -...
  4. Is it bad to leave my laptop running 24/7?

Is it bad to leave my laptop running 24/7?: So, I wanted to host my own Minecraft server but I can't afford a service like Google Cloud, Apex Hosting, Shockbyte, etc. And when I found out about Ngrok, I was like "Sweet, now the only obstacle in my way is that I would need to keep my laptop running 24/7". But.... I'm...
  5. How to record 24/7 microphone audio?

How to record 24/7 microphone audio?: Hi I'd like to record the audio from my microphone 24/7 in part of 1 hour. I'd drop all the files on my NAS so I'd have a lot of storage. I did some reasearch on Internet but I can't find a way to mount a setup so that at bootup, the computer starts recording audio non...
  6. Help with having separate rdp instances to same computer

Help with having separate rdp instances to same computer: We have a computer with some specialty software that takes a couple hours to set up, we can’t use VNC due to it it not being encrypted and don’t want to open up our ssh ports to tunnel it. Is there a way to remote into a windows 10 desktop that doesn’t effect the user of the...
  7. another instance is running......

in Windows 10 Customization
    another instance is running......: every time i open my computer, it will pop a message——another instance is running. i don't konw what happened.i wonder how to find the error but there are no approches to search it. and i have not met any questions by now.however it is annoyed for me to see that message....
  8. Meet the presenter bot, a bot that presents about*bots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Meet the presenter bot, a bot that presents about*bots: I found this at channel 9, and it is probably the most easy to understand definition of bots out there(in my opinion). PresenterBot is an open source project to demonstrate some of the technologies behind bot framework, LUIS, Skype and Bing Speech. You can find the...
  9. How can I keep Win10 running 24/7?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I keep Win10 running 24/7?: On my home network I have a 'basic' machine running Novosoft HandyBackUp. This is left unattended with HandyBackUp, Windows Explorer & Task Manager windows open. The backup program runs at 3am each morning - in theory. On Win7 I had to disable Microsoft updates to stop...
  10. 2 instances of the pagefile on separate disks

in Windows 10 Support
    2 instances of the pagefile on separate disks: HI there! Win 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.125 My desktop PC has 3 internal disks: (C) 250GB SSD, (D) 894GB SSD and (E) 3TB HDD. There is a pagefile on disk D and another one on disk E, which is just a storage disk. Both files have the exact same size of...