Windows 10: Both CPU and Fan Spins At the Begining, But Shuts Off before Starting

Discus and support Both CPU and Fan Spins At the Begining, But Shuts Off before Starting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a small HP tower that after a bit of backing up and Upgrading the OS, finally went along to seeing what was wrong with the tower itself. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SotoPrior, Feb 11, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Both CPU and Fan Spins At the Begining, But Shuts Off before Starting

I have a small HP tower that after a bit of backing up and Upgrading the OS, finally went along to seeing what was wrong with the tower itself. It originally had appeared to be a power supply issue, however, once I replaced the power, and used one of a similar wattage, I found it where the fans for the power supply spun just perfectly, but the cpu and fan coolers didn't; at least not for long. I found it where the Fans would spin once the Power cord was connected, but the CPU and tower fans would shut off once I had pressed the Power button to turn on the computer, turning off before any image could boot onto the screen. I had theorized that it maybe something on the board, but it seems like everything should be wired up to snuff. Especially the Power Jumpers. Otherwise, the Ram should be alright, so I'm Not exactly sure the Issue here, can anyone help?

:)

SotoPrior, Feb 11, 2018
  2. AJ Greene Win User

My computer turns off while i play games. I dont know why.

okay so i removed half of my RAM, and when i start a game, it use to take like a second, then it would shut off. But i took half the RAM out and now it shuts off after like 10 seconds. What now? i have 4 fans including the CPU fan. 2 wall fans.

AJ Greene, Feb 11, 2018
  3. inconsistent fan speeds

I have an Asus A541U laptop and ever since I bought it, it has this weird tendency to switch between fans spinning and fans completely off.

I understand that when the fans aren't spinning it's probably because of the "silent" mode or whatever, but at random when I'm either doing nothing or light work on my laptop the fan starts and then 15 seconds later or so it stops. My cpu and disk usage are
    both at 0-3% when this happens.

This is rather annoying as I'd rather have one of the two, constantly on or constantly of (except when I actually do mild intensive work).

Isn't there some way to set a different fan profile or maybe some other way to fix it?

I know it's just a minor inconvenience, but it's rather quite annoying.

Burlapsack, Feb 11, 2018
  4. Winuser Win User

I have a HP Pavilion desktop and the fans rev up the go to idle everytime I start the computer. I've had this computer for a few years and it has done this since day one. Never had a problem so I believe this is normal.

Winuser, Feb 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Both CPU and Fan Spins At the Begining, But Shuts Off before Starting - Similar Threads - Both CPU Fan

2. Fan is spinning in both directions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan is spinning in both directions: My laptop fan is spinning in different direction clockwise and counterclockwise. It will spin clockwise for a few seconds and counterclockwise for a few seconds, again and again every time it is turned on. And it is also very noisy. I am wondering why this happened, can...
  3. Fan is spinning in both directions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan is spinning in both directions: My laptop fan is spinning in different direction clockwise and counterclockwise. It will spin clockwise for a few seconds and counterclockwise for a few seconds, again and again every time it is turned on. And it is also very noisy. I am wondering why this happened, can...
  4. Fan is spinning in both directions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My CPU fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, but...: So since a short while my laptop's dell latitude 3310 windows 11 with intel core i5 CPU fan has been spinning quite fast whenever I start it up, When I check task manager it doesn't seem to detect why it is spinning so fast and just blames my task manager for using like 66%...
  6. pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast: i was playing escape from tarkov when my monitors randomly shut off and my fans spun incredibly fast. I just got an i9-9900k but the temps dont go below 70 degreesfile viewer says:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...
  7. pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast: i was playing escape from tarkov when my monitors randomly shut off and my fans spun incredibly fast. I just got an i9-9900k but the temps dont go below 70 degreesfile viewer says:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...
  8. pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My monitor shuts off and the fans start spinning really fast and its making me nervous.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My monitor shuts off and the fans start spinning really fast and its making me nervous.: Hey, I was in the middle of playing some cold-war on my pc and when I was away from my pc and I come back to my monitor being shut off and my fans screaming at me. Is their any way to prevent this from happening again? I don't wanna have to buy a new computer, If that's the...
  10. Fans not spinning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans not spinning: I have some Rgb fans and they are not spinning it came with a fan hub and after a day it didn't work anymore. I am powering the fan hub using a sata connector but it doesn't work for some reason....