Windows 10: Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos

Discus and support Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After I upgraded to Win 10 from 7, I started getting this bizarre issue when video files would crash in both VLC and MPC, but not Windows Media Player.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vlaphor, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Vlaphor Win User

Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos

After I upgraded to Win 10 from 7, I started getting this bizarre issue when video files would crash in both VLC and MPC, but not Windows Media Player. The larger the video, the more guaranteed the crash. I've reinstalled MPC, VLC, and Windows 10, but the issue still remains. Anyone else here heard of this issue?

:)

Vlaphor, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Ralf_G Win User

green screen while viewig some videos

Those videos might not be encoded using video CODECs that are natively supported in Windows. You can try playing the videos in a 3rd party program like VLC or MPC-HC which have self contained codec support for almost every video type. If the videos play
    normally in those you could install LAV filters or FFDSHOW to add support for non-standard video and audio codecs to Windows.

Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

Media Player Classic Home Cinema: MPC-HC

Download LAV Filters

ffdshow tryouts | Official Website

Ralf_G, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Safouane8 Win User
    Black screen with sound when playing media

I've installed VLC player and its working fine. both the audio and the video.

but the problem is still consisting on MPC and windows media player.

Safouane8, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Vlaphor Win User

Actually, I just tried playing a 3gb video file with all three (MPC, VLC, WMC) and all three went down.

All in kind of the same way as well. The audio kept playing, but the video froze up.

and the issues usually pop up when I'm leaving fullscreen video

Vlaphor, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Hi!
    Which Kind of graphic card Driver you use? The Origin or Generic Microsoft Driver?

Cluster Head, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Vlaphor Win User
    The newest Nvidia one.

Vlaphor, Sep 5, 2015
  7. Is your intel graphics card driver updated along with nvidia, supported in win 10

vivek kumar, Sep 5, 2015
  8. Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos

Hmm....that`s not normal! what happend when you use the Microsoft generic drivers for your grahics?

Cluster Head, Sep 5, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    I use VSO Media player for video and have no issues at all for Audio I use AIMP 4.0 also without issues.

Gary, Sep 5, 2015
  10. Vlaphor Win User
    I've been using VLC and MPC for ages with no problems. Also, I don't think the onboard video card has anything to do with it, as I've disable it in bios.

Vlaphor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos - Similar Threads - Both VLC MPC

2. WhatsApp videos appear zoomed in when playing with VLC player, only if downloaded with a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WhatsApp videos appear zoomed in when playing with VLC player, only if downloaded with a...: Hi all,I encountered a very weird issue. I often share videos with my friends and family via WhatsApp. If I want to save a copy of the video, I usually connect the data cable to my Xiaomi mobile phone, and transfer the video file from the WhatsApp Video folder to my PC. It...
  3. WhatsApp videos appear zoomed in when playing with VLC player, only if downloaded with a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WhatsApp videos appear zoomed in when playing with VLC player, only if downloaded with a...: Hi all,I encountered a very weird issue. I often share videos with my friends and family via WhatsApp. If I want to save a copy of the video, I usually connect the data cable to my Xiaomi mobile phone, and transfer the video file from the WhatsApp Video folder to my PC. It...
  4. Crashes when playing videos in browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes when playing videos in browser: Hello!I experience blue screen of death crashes when playing videos in my browser. I have the most recent video drivers and windows version.Crash dumps and msinfohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AttUF1JsBjqjfRvtrzh2Z4pcWnQ?e=aOpAlOThanks for your help!BrHarald...
  5. Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic.(Corrupt driver/DX9?)

Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic.(Corrupt driver/DX9?): Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared. On the next boot/ever since, I am stuck in a bsod/bootloop with the "Critical service failed" code and all known remedies...
  6. Can't play videos with W10 Media or VLC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play videos with W10 Media or VLC: I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean...
  7. BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /...: Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared. On the next boot/ever since, I am stuck in a bsod/bootloop with the "Critical service failed" code and all known remedies...
  8. Resume video MPC-HC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resume video MPC-HC: Hi, i know vlc player continues video playback from where i stopped it, can mpc-hc do the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-video-mpc-hc/e9d4460c-6a6a-42c8-acd9-f75efe95c932
  9. Video is Frequently stopping and playing in vlc and youtube

Video is Frequently stopping and playing in vlc and youtube: I have tried to reset the laptop but the problem is still there laptop Model :-Hp pavillion gaming laptop 15-dk0xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-is-frequently-stopping-and-playing-in-vlc/695544e2-0f46-4fcf-a0e4-e3a0312bb321
  10. How to play video with VLC using Command Prompt

in Windows 10 News
    How to play video with VLC using Command Prompt: [ATTACH]If you want to play a video with VLC media player using Command Prompt, […] This article How to play video with VLC using Command Prompt first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...