Windows 10: both wired and wirless network doesn't work after upgrade to 10162

Discus and support both wired and wirless network doesn't work after upgrade to 10162 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; both my wired and wireless network connections fail after and upgrade to 10162. both worked fine at build 10158, in fact i can revert to previous build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gvannoy, Jul 7, 2015.

1. gvannoy Win User

both wired and wirless network doesn't work after upgrade to 10162

both my wired and wireless network connections fail after and upgrade to 10162. both worked fine at build 10158, in fact i can revert to previous build and they work again. The errors say all the network adapters have a problem with the drivers. I have removed the drivers and reinstalled them with no help. I also have a surface and it upgraded fine.

:)

gvannoy, Jul 7, 2015

2. Solution to: No Network Connections showing after Surface Pro 3 Upgrade to Windows 10

I've just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

The upgrade went fine except I now can't connect to any networks, wired or wireless.

In device manager both the the Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller and Realtek USB GbE Family Controller (USB to ethernet adapter) are shown as working properly but no entries are present in Control Panel ->Network and Internet->Network Connections.

I've tried un-installing and re-isnatlling the the wirless driver but it makes no difference.

==============================================================

Just found the solution on my Surface

It turns out my problem was caused by the Cisco VPN Client on my machine.

Solution was:-

Rollback to Windows 8.1

Uninstall Cisco VPN Client

Upgrade to Windows 10

Like Magic both wired and wireless network connections started working

DavidMcDowell, Jul 7, 2015
  3. My laptop can't detect wifi networks

Hello

• Started 2 weeks ago
    • I did make a keyboard repalcement on my laptop , thats why i asked if it was posible to get any wifi networks if my wirless adapter was damaged or not plugged in, because i do get mine wireless network , but it's just imposible to conect
    • No error messages , when im trying to conect sometimes says conected, no internet
    • Yes, i can conect using wired conection , thats the only way i can get internet on my laptop
    • On the wirless network adapter Device status it says: This device is working properly.
    • I updated Drivers for the wirless network adapter , other than that nothing else.

Pablocv1903, Jul 7, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

remove 3rd party firewalls and stuff that affects network before upgrading / updating windows. seemed to be problem on earlier builds atleast.

batlhilz, Jul 9, 2015
Thema:

1. both wired and wirless network doesn't work after upgrade to 10162 - Similar Threads - both wired wirless

2. Problem with wirless network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with wirless network: Hey there, I am not able to connect my laptop with available networks. I tried trouble shoot and it says "none of the networks you have previously connected to are in range" or "you haven't chosen to connect to any of the available wirless network". please advise, I would...
  3. Problem with wirless network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with wirless network: Hey there, I am not able to connect my laptop with available networks. I tried trouble shoot and it says "none of the networks you have previously connected to are in range" or "you haven't chosen to connect to any of the available wirless network". please advise, I would...
  4. Problem with wirless network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  6. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  7. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Activation doesn't work when upgraded from windows 7 sp1 retail 10162

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation doesn't work when upgraded from windows 7 sp1 retail 10162: Activation doesn't work when upgraded from windows 7 sp1 retail--Windows 10 home preview build 10162 I reported the issue to Microsoft but that could create a problem when rtm is released for those that quit the program on the release date. It looks like a lot of people...
  9. No network (wired) after Win 10 Upgrade - Zone Alarm

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network (wired) after Win 10 Upgrade - Zone Alarm: Hi, I'm new here and am posting this in the hope it may help others. I had what seems to be a common issue after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, where the PC (desktop) could not see the network/router. I do not have any VPN client installed and it was not a WiFi issue so...
  10. Solution Found - Build 10041 to 10162 upgrade - It Works!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Solution Found - Build 10041 to 10162 upgrade - It Works!: After struggling for hours to get this upgrade going... I finally found a solution thanks to a facebook friend. This guy installed build 10041, and successfully upgraded to 10162. So i decided to try the same... Clean installed 10041, logged in with my MSA,...