Windows 10: Both Wireless Mouse & Touchpad Don't Work in Wind

Discus and support Both Wireless Mouse & Touchpad Don't Work in Wind in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 today. Both my mouse and touchpad worked fine before I installed. Now they don't work in the NEW FEATURES. I can move the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RebeccaK, Jul 31, 2015.

1. RebeccaK Win User

Both Wireless Mouse & Touchpad Don't Work in Wind

I installed Windows 10 today. Both my mouse and touchpad worked fine before I installed. Now they don't work in the NEW FEATURES. I can move the mouse but I can't click on anything. By new features I am talking about Cortana, search, Edge. They both work fine on apps that were already installed such as Chrome and on the desktop itself but when I go to the start menu I can't do anything.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RebeccaK, Jul 31, 2015

2. Wireless mouse not syncing

Yes, two separate keyboards & mice at two separate locations (Microsoft, convenience). Mice stopped working at both locations this week. The small portable wireless keyboard & mouse (Logitech) works fine. The keyboards in both locations work fine but the
    mice do not. If I go into devices it will list the laptop & wireless keyboard, but only the touchpad and not the wireless mouse.

You sent links for software but I am reluctant to download at this time. Please suggest alternate actions. Also, I am reasonably competent regarding computers but not an expert. Please keep this in mind when suggesting paths.

Thanks.

MurdockSmith, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Mouse is moving by herself and freezing in the lower left corner on a Toshiba Satellite touchscreen laptop

I used a wireless mouse and also the touchpad mouse, both making the same problem. The wireless mouse is a Gearhead mouse, the touchpad mouse is a Synaptics ClickPadV1.1. I try to move the mouse but the pointer is going back to the lower left corner and
    opens by himself Google browser or the Settings Menu. I ran the Hardware troubleshooter which showed me a problem and repaired the problem. After the restart the problem came back after a while.

Kind Regards

GK

GottfriedKeller, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Dacearoo Win User

I had the same EXACT problem. Before, no problem at all. I have a 2-in-1 laptop/touchscreen flip tablet. Luckily, I figured out a quick fix after looking everything up online to see if anyone else had problems. At first, I couldn't even locate my cursor. It was present at login, then disappeared completely. I got my cursor back, but then the mouse wouldn't click.

I went into my Device Manager and chose Mice and other pointing devices. Open the option listed under that. Go to the second tab labeled Driver. Go down to Roll Back Drive and it will tell you that you need to restart to put the changes into effect. This will cause your touch pad to go back to the previous driver installed. It will tell you that it may cause problems, but mine is working just fine now.

Hope that helps!!

Dacearoo, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Both Wireless Mouse & Touchpad Don't Work in Wind - Similar Threads - Both Wireless Mouse

2. Wireless mouse and touchpad stop working often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and touchpad stop working often: Every so often, my touchpad and the mouse stop working. This is causing a severe lag in my work.I have a Lenovo IdeaPad i5 laptop. I keep enabling and disabling the drivers, but the drivers often fail. I need to check for driver updates and software updates initially on a...
  3. Wireless mouse and touchpad stop working often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse and touchpad stop working often: Every so often, my touchpad and the mouse stop working. This is causing a severe lag in my work.I have a Lenovo IdeaPad i5 laptop. I keep enabling and disabling the drivers, but the drivers often fail. I need to check for driver updates and software updates initially on a...
  4. Wireless and Windows both not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless and Windows both not working.: Wireless on HP Pavilion Desktop just stopped working, even though it works fine on several other devices. Getting an "Active Windows" pop-up but when I run through the routine in Settings I get error code 0xC004F012. Running Windows 10 which has been upgraded fron 7 which...
  5. Wireless and Windows both not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless and Windows both not working.: Wireless on HP Pavilion Desktop just stopped working, even though it works fine on several other devices. Getting an "Active Windows" pop-up but when I run through the routine in Settings I get error code 0xC004F012. Running Windows 10 which has been upgraded fron 7 which...
  6. Wireless and Windows both not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Mouse + touchpad clicks don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse + touchpad clicks don't work: Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10 I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought, which I set up by simply plugging in the USB receiver and it worked fine. However, I had to send it back, and have since gone...
  8. Mouse/Touchpad Not Working

Mouse/Touchpad Not Working: I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 laptop. My mouse/touchpad stopped working. I tried restarting windows, but I don't think that did anything productive. Please help....
  9. touchpad and mouse not working

touchpad and mouse not working: just bought the windows tablet 2 in 1 and mouse,touchpad isn't working did all the updates still wont work, looked up solution and reset the tablet and still not working anyone have a solution for this issue...
  10. Mouse and touchpad not working

Mouse and touchpad not working: So earlier today i noticed that my mouse wasnt working and i thought it was a battery issue(using a wireless) but when i tried my touchpad its nit working too. I tried searching in google how to fix it but none of it worked, from updating the driver,system restore and the...