Windows 10: Bottom task bar is always on top

Discus and support Bottom task bar is always on top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, This problem is ridiculous. Whenever I enter the full screen in any video, the bottom task bar stays on top. Restarting windows explorer solves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexBen2, Aug 22, 2018.

1. AlexBen2 Win User

Bottom task bar is always on top

Hello, This problem is ridiculous. Whenever I enter the full screen in any video, the bottom task bar stays on top. Restarting windows explorer solves the problem, but temporary. I don't want to restart windows explorer all the time , could you provide a permanent fix please.

:)

AlexBen2, Aug 22, 2018

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 22, 2018
  3. top task bar

I would like to get my top task bar back on my home page somehow it is gone

LillianHalupa, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Ken Blake Win User

Task bars

Do you have a Dell computer? If so, what you are calling a

top task bar" is not a task bar and it *not* a Windows feature. Its something that Dell wrote and installed on computers they sell. It's called the Dell Dock.

Click on the Start orb, then on All Programs, and go to the Dell list to find and restart it.

It's up to you, but personally I think pinning programs to the Task Bar is a much better choice.

Ken Blake, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Bottom task bar is always on top - Similar Threads - Bottom task bar

2. task bar stay always on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar stay always on top: I Need the taskbar to always show even after F11full screen, tried many online suggestions nothing worksmany thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-stay-always-on-top/009ee721-f9f5-428e-8428-76af09d74af4
  3. task bar stay always on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar stay always on top: I Need the taskbar to always show even after F11full screen, tried many online suggestions nothing worksmany thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-stay-always-on-top/009ee721-f9f5-428e-8428-76af09d74af4
  4. task bar stay always on top

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.: Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. I cannot read the print... too small. Also two small on many other places; for example the area where you search for your passwords. I can get to the passwords but the print is way too...
  6. Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.: Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. I cannot read the print... too small. Also two small on many other places; for example the area where you search for your passwords. I can get to the passwords but the print is way too...
  7. task bar will not stay set to bottom, reverts to top

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    task bar will not stay set to bottom, reverts to top: when I set the task bar to any thing but top after a second or two it goes right back to top? Thanks Chris...
  8. bottom task bar..

in Windows 10 Customization
    bottom task bar..: windows 10 another problem... I've had so many glitches since windows 10 driving me mad..little annoying things pointer kept disappearing half way thru a project , then calculator , the foto app lost all my pics. .various niggly problems . today the bottom task bar wont...
  9. Always scroll to the top or bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always scroll to the top or bottom: I have a problem with my PC which runs Windows 10. Here are some errors of them, Even now I can't type properly in this text box the cursor always move to the top left corner In any browser the web pages scroll to the top or bottom of it always In MS OFFICE and other...
  10. task bar on the top and bottom keep dissapearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar on the top and bottom keep dissapearing: The task bar on the bottom of my screen and the open tabs at the top of the screen keep disappearing on me unless I bring my cursor over top of it. its really frustrating and I cannot figure it out....