Windows 10: Bought new computer and Bioshock2 will not start

Discus and support Bought new computer and Bioshock2 will not start in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I played Bioshock 1 and 2 on my old computer. I bought a new computer. Bioshock 1 plays but Bioshock 2 will load and I get the "online release date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by joeaguilar01, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Bought new computer and Bioshock2 will not start

I played Bioshock 1 and 2 on my old computer. I bought a new computer. Bioshock 1 plays but Bioshock 2 will load and I get the "online release date check" message. What do I do.

:)

joeaguilar01, Jun 10, 2018

2. No Start button

Hello,

• Did you tried both the methods suggested by Amarjeeth Paul?
    If not, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs.

Follow the above steps to create new user account and let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Babu V Win User
    I'm frozen out of my computer and got critical error and start menu are not working

Hi Dave,

I'm so sorry for that inconvenience. I will do my best to help you with the issue.
    In order to help you with the issue, please let us know the following information.

• What is the complete error message that you receive?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    While you reply with the above information, try these suggestions.

Method 1:

Step 1: Start your computer in safe mode and check if you get the error.

Refer this link to start the computer in safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/changing-the-start-up-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

If it works fine in safe mode, perform clean boot.

Step 2: Perform clean boot.

Clean boot will help us identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

To do this, follow steps from this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After checking the functionality in clean boot, follow the suggestions under “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting”.

For start menu issues, please refer to the following suggestion:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    heck to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Babu V, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Bought new computer and Bioshock2 will not start

1. Bought new computer and Bioshock2 will not start - Similar Threads - Bought computer Bioshock2

2. New Computer bought in Germany ..... OS in German

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer bought in Germany ..... OS in German: 30..2022Hello,I have bought a new Computer bought in Germany - I live in Germany - that has Win 11 in German. Can one change the language or must one buy a new Win11? I have all my software in English.My Old computer has WIn 10 I was wondering if in the worst case I could...
  3. New Computer bought in Germany ..... OS in German

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer bought in Germany ..... OS in German: 30..2022Hello,I have bought a new Computer bought in Germany - I live in Germany - that has Win 11 in German. Can one change the language or must one buy a new Win11? I have all my software in English.My Old computer has WIn 10 I was wondering if in the worst case I could...
  4. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  5. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  6. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I bought a new computer..with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I bought a new computer..with Windows 10.: I bought a new computer..with Windows 10. but when connecting the sound, the error "you need to activate windows befo[ATTACH]re you can personalize in Windows 10" appears....
  8. I bought a new ssd for my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I bought a new ssd for my computer: Hi. Some months ago i bought a new ssd and i installed windwos on it. Everything was fine but i couldn't format my old ssd i tried everything cmd, diskpart 3rd party applications etc. But nothing was working, i was able to delete the windows folder but formatting the ssd...
  9. New Computer Start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer Start-up: Hi - My name is Allie. I just purchased a new HP Touch Screen computer and I have to set up my preferences i.e., my internet provider, file transfer without dragging any viruses along, photo and favorites. My carrier is Comcast. I use the Norton protection program that is...
  10. bioshock2 steam/gaming evolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bioshock2 steam/gaming evolved: Hi all, I tried everything, latest amd drivers etc. to get B2 to work on win10 as; after reading this forum it was posted as working. I reinstalled steam and the game several times but after playing the title intro movie it got the bit "TEN YEARS LATER" then it would shut...