Windows 10: Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow

Discus and support Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just brought a brand new HP Pavillion 360 and it came with windows 10 already installed. Everytime I do anything whether it's starting up or opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Morgina, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Morgina Win User

Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow

I just brought a brand new HP Pavillion 360 and it came with windows 10 already installed. Everytime I do anything whether it's starting up or opening a programme it takes a really long time and I can't figure out why I've googled it and found most people say it's because of windows 10 but I tried a few of the solutions and non of them seem to work.

:)

Morgina, Jan 25, 2016

2. brand new laptop running slow

I have a brand new less than twenty four hours old hp laptop which came with windows ten and it is running slow I cant even effectively be on the internet or use any apps it is not my internet connection because I have tried several of my friends and families
    and same thing> the mouse acts funny as well> what do I do?

RachaelBriggs, Jan 25, 2016
  3. brand new laptop running slow

Hi,

Check with the seller and HP's Support. As OEM HP is responsible for the proper operation of both the hardware and Windows. So regardless of the cause it is theirs to resolved. Added the computer is under full warranty and may be in need of repairs or replacement.
    Also keep in mind the more you do the more they will claim it is something you have done.

HP Support/Troubleshooting & Drivers

HP Technical Support, Help, and Troubleshooting | HP® Customer Support

Contact HP

Contact HP | HP® Official Site

HP Forums

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 25, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Just a fast look at the specs and you lappy has an HDD and that will perform slower than say an SSD and that might be the reason it's slow.

BunnyJ, Jan 25, 2016
  5. Changing hard disks on modern laptops isn't as straight forward as it used to be. Most have backs that don't allow access to memory or hard disks. HP was one of those that I looked recently along with Acer & the back didn't appear to be removable; it certainly put me off upgrading.

WightWalker, Jan 25, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree.. and if I were in that situation I would have a shop do the job. I was pointing out one possible reason the lappy is slow.

BunnyJ, Jan 25, 2016
  7. Morgina Win User
    So basically my only option is to change the hardware? From HDD SSD?

Morgina, Jan 25, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

That's just a thought.. I'm sure other members will come along with other options. But a swap like that would boost performance significantly. I tried to run 10 off of a HDD and it was so slow I almost died waiting for anything to happen.

BunnyJ, Jan 25, 2016
  9. Morgina Win User
    I don't really know anything about changing hardware is it expensive? and what exactly should I be looking for? And how do I install it?

Morgina, Jan 25, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    It's going to depend on were you live. I know my local shop would charge around 35 dollars to install an SSD.

I would recommend that you don't do this yourself unless you feel very confident working with a lappy.

BunnyJ, Jan 25, 2016
  11. What do you define as slow?

I use Win 10 on laptop with a HDD and don't have a problem with the speed, possibly 1 or 2 seconds to open an app

paulsalter, Jan 25, 2016
  12. I suggest you do the following steps before you replace anything or bring it to a repair shop.

What solution's have you tried so far ?

Do you have any other program's installed in addition to win 10 ?
    If yes, what are they ?

Did you remove all the factory installed crap-ware and trial version's of any other program's ?

Did you enable any trial version's at all ?
    If yes, which one's ?

Did you install a A/V program and scan the system ?

You should install the free version of MBAM and do a full scan.
    Use this link to download it. Make sure you download only the free version, Not a trial version.
    Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware Detection & Removal Software

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jan 25, 2016
  13. b1rd Win User

Along with COMPUTIAC'S suggestions, you might want to just see how it performs while booted in Safemode. If you find that things are working fine while in Safemode, then that would seem to indicate a software issue. If that's the case, then there are steps you can do to get that corrected.

14. In November, I bought two HP Pavilion x360s for myself and my wife. Your laptop likely suffers from two issues that compound in to one problem. First, they came with HDDs. Second, HP installs a lot of bloat. Whether or not you want to spend the money on an SSD, you should at least consider doing a clean install.

I have our two upgraded with two Samsung 840 EVO SSDs, and that does make a world of difference. I never leave an OEM with the install it came with, either.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow - Similar Threads - Brand Laptop Running

2. Brand New Laptop Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand New Laptop Very Slow: Hi (I am waiting for a new fan for my old laptop, but it's possible that has died completely). In the meantime I am using the new laptop I actually bought just for my creative stuff. And already, despite it being almost brand new (and I deleted what bloatware I could), it is...
  3. Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow: My brand new HP Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow. The only programs I've installed are Discord, Steam, Minecraft, Among Us, and Quiplash. I installed the Malware Bytes Free Trial but removed it. I've removed my google extensions. There is nothing in the start up...
  4. Laptop is really slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is really slow: Hi My Hp Pro x2 is really slow and it's only 2 years old! I really need help ASAP cause I have lots of work to get done on it and it takes forever for it to start up! Please can you give me advice. THANKS!!!...
  5. Brand New Computer Running Slow

Brand New Computer Running Slow: I just recently bought a new desktop but after a few days my computer started lagging. My computer won't restart or shut down unless I force shut down the computer by holding the power button till computer is completely off. If I try shutting down through the software it just...
  6. Slow system on a brand new gamer laptop

Slow system on a brand new gamer laptop: Hi, I bought this laptop Asus x571 a couple of days ago, and from the very beginning I realized it took a lot of time to turn on. Then, I installed my games, and while playing I had no issues, actually, it is a gamer pc considering the price. The problem is that when I need...
  7. Laptop really slow

Laptop really slow: Hello, I have an HP laptop purchased 6 years ago. It is running on windows 10. Since I got it, the laptop is really slow, not able to go on a normal website page quick, takes time to load. I have performed a spy bot search and destroy, defragment, disk cleanup, run Avast...
  8. why is my brand new laptop running soooooo slow?

why is my brand new laptop running soooooo slow?: why is my brand new laptop running soooooo slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why/8c33db41-5466-41c8-9d2b-765f8325daa5
  9. Laptop running really slow.

Laptop running really slow.: Hi, Looking for help as my laptop takes about 5 secs to load every time I click something. Takes ever longer when I minimize an application and switch to another(that is already open). I just wanted to make sure if my laptop performance is just normal for the specs it has,...
  10. Brand new laptop pretty slow

Brand new laptop pretty slow: hey, I have lenovo yoga 510 and it's pretty slow from what I expected from him, I don't why I have it about a month and I check for vit=rus but didn't found, what can be the problem? 75810