Windows 10: Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - SFC claims corrupted files ||-(

Discus and support Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - SFC claims corrupted files ||-( in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One of the steps to fix the "Can't create recovery medium" is to check for system file corruption. Just out of curiosity I ran an SFC /SCANNOW and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mmo, Jul 9, 2016.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - SFC claims corrupted files ||-(

One of the steps to fix the "Can't create recovery medium" is to check for system file corruption.
    Just out of curiosity I ran an SFC /SCANNOW and it reported "Windows Resource Protection found corrupted files but was unable to fix some of them. ..." If SFC doesn't run through without an error on a brand new system, when then?

This so ridiculous! The only thing that ever ran on that system was a windows update right after doing the initial setup.
    But I doubt that there is really anything foul on the system since I have that exact same report on about 4 other systems as well (some old, some new). SFC ALWAYS finds some "corrupted files" that it is unable to fix and so I know by now that this entire mechanism is just a PoS and a waste of time!

MS - get your act together! You constantly introduce mechanisms into Windows that might be originally well-intended but don't work. Why don't you at least removed those once you know they are useless? And even worse: why is this SFC /SCANNOW part of almost every advice one can find in the knowledge base if that mechanism is since years well known to not help or fix anything? *Mad

:)

Thema:

Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - SFC claims corrupted files ||-(

1. Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - SFC claims corrupted files ||-( - Similar Threads - Brand Microsoft Surface

2. SFC /scannow always find corrupted files and claims successful repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /scannow always find corrupted files and claims successful repair: Hi, My personal PC started having blue screen issues related to memory so I ran the sfc /scannow command a couple of times. I noticed that whenever I run this command the terminal always says that there are corrupted files detected and successfully repaired them even after a...
  3. SFC /scannow always find corrupted files and claims successful repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC /scannow always find corrupted files and claims successful repair: Hi, My personal PC started having blue screen issues related to memory so I ran the sfc /scannow command a couple of times. I noticed that whenever I run this command the terminal always says that there are corrupted files detected and successfully repaired them even after a...
  4. SFC /scannow always find corrupted files and claims successful repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Surface Pro 4 - Corrupt Windows - Bitlocked Drive

Surface Pro 4 - Corrupt Windows - Bitlocked Drive: I have a surface pro 4 that has a corrupt drive. It boots with the Preparing Automatic Repair, then Diagnosing the repair. Then the restart & advanced options screen comes on. I have the bitlocker key. No mater which options I choose it will not boot or repair.... Because the...
  6. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4, that got screwed up during a windows update. Now the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I have tried the usual things. Like using Diskpart etc, the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I believe this to be a known issue. Has...
  7. Corrupt Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

Corrupt Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: Hi- I have a Surface Pro 4 and I am having serious problems with logging into Windows 10 (1803): Login screen comes up. I enter my password and click the go button. I get a message "Windows is Preparing" and I get the spinning circle for about 3 to 4 minutes. Finally,...
  8. Surface PRO 4. Brand new out of the box. BSOD.

Surface PRO 4. Brand new out of the box. BSOD.: Attachment 77085 I will update this thread soon. I just don't want it to crash before submitting post. Brand new Surface PRO 4. I am using the surface dock as well. I opened it during the April 19-20 firmware updates for the Surfaces. Then it started updating and it threw...
  9. Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - can't create a Recovery Drive!?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - can't create a Recovery Drive!?!: I just bought myself a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. After switching it on and going through the initial setup, one of the first actions I want to do is to create me a recovery drive (on a USB stick). So I start the Recovery Drive wizard but after a minute or so of "Please...
  10. In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 News
    In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4: Feast your eyes on the new Surface Pro 4, the thinnest, lightest and most powerful tablet. Period. 6Gh4o9IqeEU Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 features a beautiful 12.3-inch PixelSense Display and is 30 percent more powerful than its predecessor, the Surface Pro 3. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brand new surface laptop corrupt