Windows 10: Brand new out of the box computer. HDMI port not working

Discus and support Brand new out of the box computer. HDMI port not working in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Just unboxed my computer from CyberpowerPC, GTX 720 graphics card, installed/updated all drivers with drivereasy (paid for just now) and I am still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Jerryrobbins, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Brand new out of the box computer. HDMI port not working

Just unboxed my computer from CyberpowerPC, GTX 720 graphics card, installed/updated all drivers with drivereasy (paid for just now) and I am still having the issue with HDMI port not working. I have tried to plug into a monitor and a TV, neither are working, I have also tried to use multiple HDMI cables, still does not work. My monitor has an auto-switch source availability and turned on, when I plug my computer into the monitor with HDMI it continually cycles, finds no signal and goes into sleep mode. Then rinse/repeats until I either turn off the computer, monitor or just unplug the monitor from the computer. Currently I am using a DVI(computer) to HDMI (tv) and its working fine. So I know its the port on the computer. Do I need to contact CyberpowerPC to send the computer back to get this issue resolved? Thank you for the help.

:)

Jerryrobbins, Mar 5, 2016

2. Unintended upgrade consequences

I can promise you that nothing can cause permanent damage to your computer. If your computer came out of the box from the factory with Windows 7 and a working HDMI port, then you can certainly always go back to Windows 7 with a working HDMI port at anytime.
    Acer has the drivers for it, and the Windows 7 install if you need it too.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 5, 2016
  3. 3rd Monitor isn't detected

I have tried two types , Display port to HDMI and the micro-display port connected to VGA . They all work with the 2nd monitor , but it just won't detect the 3rd Monitor . These all worked on my other laptop that had windows 10 , this computer is new out
    of the box last week .

I have ran the latest window updates .

thanks

Colin Carew (Cambridge), Mar 5, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Brand new out of the box computer. HDMI port not working

Does the PC also have an integrated graphics processor (IGP) on the motherboard and the GTX 720 graphics card is an upgrade? If so, there might be a bios setting that will disable the IGP and use the graphics card instead.

Also, right click on the start icon, then click on device manager. Click on display adapters. Is the GTX 720 listed as the display adapter?

NavyLCDR, Mar 5, 2016
  5. Archie123 Win User
    Yes most likely a hardware issue your HDMI should work whit drivers or without them . Its not the best idea to use a third party app to get drivers for you , youll have the full spec from cyberpower use that to get drivers from manufacturers websites. Are these the gpu drivers it recommended? http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/dri...px/99284/en-uk

Archie123, Mar 5, 2016
  6. That is the driver I originally downloaded before I used the drivereasy app. The app did not override that particular driver, also if it is a hardware issue there is no fix action for it other than returning it to the retailer, correct?

Jerryrobbins, Mar 6, 2016
  7. Device manager > display adapters shows GTX 720 as the listed display driver yes. Also I am not sure how to check and see if the graphics processor is integrated, I do know the graphics card is not integrated.

Jerryrobbins, Mar 6, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

An easy indication is if you have two sets of video outputs on the back of the computer. The GTX 720 card should have video outputs on a horizontal slot, probably about halfway down the back of the computer. If there is integrated graphics also on the motherboard, there will be another set of video outputs in the vertical output section with all the audio and USB ports. With the graphics card running, probably only the video connections in the horizontal slot will be active.

NavyLCDR, Mar 6, 2016
  9. Carsomyr Win User
    Just for more information on your system, would you mind updating the system specs section of your profile? Specific model numbers help in troubleshooting problems (See mine at the bottom of my post for an example *Biggrin ) To find that information quickly, you can use a system information tool (Windows is pretty lame), I like Speccy myself: http://www.piriform.com/speccy
    The specific model of your motherboard/graphics card etc would help us find a solution *Biggrin Also, the make and model of your TV would also help a lot!

Carsomyr, Mar 6, 2016
  10. Archie123 Win User
    There isn't mate no I'd get in touch with cyberpower today see what they say they'll probably get you to run some tests first . As long the issue isn't woth your monitor then it's a gpu issue and you can't do anything about It . You already tried multiple cables

Archie123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Brand new out of the box computer. HDMI port not working - Similar Threads - Brand box computer

2. HDMI ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI ports not working: so, i have 2 HDMI ports, and only one of them works. However, it seems that it switches? so that means that one day, port number 1 is the port that is working, and when i unplug my screen and plug it back in, its port number 2 thats working. well, it only happens if i unplug...
  3. Brand new fresh out of the box computer now on hour 2 of waiting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand new fresh out of the box computer now on hour 2 of waiting: Everything is connected. Yes, its plugged in. We turned it on, saw the HP logo, but now it's just a black screen with our mouse icon on it. We can move the mouse, but nothing else. Its brand new, just bought it from the store and got it in the mail today. The website claims...
  4. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have Windows 10. When I try and connect to my TV using an HDMI cable, nothing comes up on the TV. I have checked the cable with my other laptop and it works just fine. How do I check and update/install HDMI drivers on my laptop?...
  5. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display...
  6. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hey, I recently bought a monitor. but the problem is that the HDMI is not working, the cable is probably fine and everything is plugged in like it should but it doesn't detect my monitor. can anyone help me please?...
  7. locked out of brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of brand new computer: just got a new lenovo , during set up I put in a four digit pin then i changed the display language, did a restart and the startup screen now tells me it wants my password, not a the pin because it is no longer available due to a security reason so I try to sign using my...
  8. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hi there, I installed an update this morning and now my HDMI port doesn't appear to be working. I've used the VGA connection to the monitor so it's not the monitor, but I can't eliminate that it's not the HDMI cord, but I doubt it is. Can you please advise how I reverse the...
  9. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Hi, I recently unplugged my HDMI cable from my gpu (980ti), once I plugged it back in, the monitor didn't detect any signal. My computer can't find any other monitor, only my main display. Already tried to switch between HDMI cable but still nothing. the HDMI port itself...
  10. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Please can someone help me. I have an acer predator laptop which has windows 10 installed. My HDMI port used to connect an additional monitor stopped working and I can't figure out why. The Intel HD graphics as well as the NVIDIA graphics are all up to date but it is still...