Windows 10: Brand new pc and powerline adapters not working - Ethernet no valid ip

Discus and support Brand new pc and powerline adapters not working - Ethernet no valid ip in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Hope right forum. I have just bought a new gaming pc and monitor and they are installed upstairs (3rd floor). We have sky fibre unlimited and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by darrenj1471, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Brand new pc and powerline adapters not working - Ethernet no valid ip

Hi

Hope right forum. I have just bought a new gaming pc and monitor and they are installed upstairs (3rd floor). We have sky fibre unlimited and the hub is in front room (1st floor).

I have thus bought powerline adapters and plugged one in downstairs with an ethernet cable from hub.
    I have then obviously plugged one in next to pc upstairs and connected it to pc via ethernet.

The PC however says no internet and states 'Ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration' ?

Please can you help me as I dont really know where to start. Our hub is definitely working because all of our other devices (including this tablet Im posting from) are connected via wifi fine.

:)

darrenj1471, Jul 6, 2016
  2. siichotic Win User

Ethernet "Unidentified network - No internet access"

Last night, my ethernet just entirely stopped working after disconnecting from TorGuard, and nothing has worked to fix it so far. Windows troubleshooter tells me "Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration". I am almost always connected to TorGuard,
    and have encountered issues like this before, but was able to easily solve them. I use ZyXEL powerline adapters:
    Zyxel Pass-Thru Ethernet Adapter AV1000 1000 Mbps Powerline 2-port Gigabit 2-Pack [PLA5256KIT]:Amazon:Computers & Accessories On both adapters, the middle light is off but the left and right lights are on. The only thing that works now is WiFi, which is not very reliable for me. So far I have
    tried these and had no success (after almost every change I disable & reenable the ethernet adapter in the Network & Sharing center)

1. Reset TCP/IP Stack in command prompt

2. Reset router, unplug and plug back in ethernet cables on both ends.

3. Do in-place update for Windows 10.

4. Turned off Fast Startup

5. Uninstalled ethernet adapter & reinstalled with latest drivers.

6. Set manual DNS server address in IPv4 settings (Preferred 8.8.8.8, alternate 8.8.4.4)

7. Reset powerline adapters using onboard reset/encrypt buttons.

ipconfig /all while WiFi disconnected:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

*** Network Configuration is removed for privacy and security ***

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 3:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

With 5G WiFi connected:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32> ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 3:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

Thank you anyone who takes the time to help me!

siichotic, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 PC wakes up randomly in the night

An Xbox One controller adapter and an Ethernet cable connected to powerline.

AlfieBaker1, Jul 6, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Brand new pc and powerline adapters not working - Ethernet no valid ip

Hello darrenj1471,

Welcome to the TenForums *Smile

Is there evidence from the lights on the powerline adaptor that they are communicating with each other? Refer to the instructions to interpret the meaning of the lights and their colours.

philc43, Jul 6, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Do you have a PC downstairs you could test the adaptors on? It could be a distance problem.

swarfega, Jul 6, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    Some have a little button on the top to sync/set up the adapters. I had a pair & had to do this.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Brand new pc and powerline adapters not working - Ethernet no valid ip

1. Brand new pc and powerline adapters not working - Ethernet no valid ip - Similar Threads - Brand powerline adapters

2. In valid IP configuration for Ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In valid IP configuration for Ethernet: I am a new pc owner and have been using a WiFi dongle for the last couple of months but recently I have been looking for an upgrade to Ethernet. All I have is a Powerline wall adapter and a Ethernet cable but every time I connect the Ethernet cable to my pc and the adapter it...
  3. Ethernet doesn’t have valid ip

Ethernet doesn’t have valid ip: No clue how to fix this any help is appreciated thanks in advance submitted by /u/godandtitans [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcqzau/ethernet_doesnt_have_valid_ip/
  4. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP: I work from home, but lately I've been having issues with my internet dropping. I keep getting this message that the ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, but I never had this issue until anout month or so ago. What can I do to fix this? It's been making working from home very...
  5. Ethernet Valid IP Configuration Failure

Ethernet Valid IP Configuration Failure: Hello everyone, I have a very annoying problem with the ethernet. After a little power cut out in my house, my ethernet connection malfunctioned. I can connect to wifi still, but when I tried to connect via Ethernet, I got Valid IP failure. I tried everything from disabling...
  6. Ethernet has no valid ip configuration

Ethernet has no valid ip configuration: Hi all i have my pc hooked up via ethernet to play online games, about an hour ago it cut off for no reason. All other devices are working and there are no faults with the cables/adapter. it is not receiving packets. Is convinced it is connected to a public network it...
  7. Ethernet no valid ip config

Ethernet no valid ip config: I have tried almost everything trying to fix this. Playing games on wireless is too laggy but my Ethernet just won’t connect. What am I missing? How screwed up is my PC now after trying so many different methods to fix this? Is there any ~100% method that will finally rid me...
  8. Ethernet adapter does not have valid IP configuration

Ethernet adapter does not have valid IP configuration: The internet has been out on my PC has been out for a while now, so I've run the troubleshooter and the problem found was that the "Ethernet" public network doesn't have a valid IP configuration, if anyone has a solution for this, it'd be appreciated...
  9. Ethernet does not have valid IP configuration, but WiFi working

Ethernet does not have valid IP configuration, but WiFi working: Good evening folks, I've run myself into a bit of a pickle with this one. After noticing that I had suddenly lost ethernet connectivity to my router, I went to go through the basic troubleshooting of restarting all of the things. Alas I was interrupted by a nice BSOD when...
  10. IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?: Hi guys, I have a self built desktop that I only connect to the internet with using WiFi. But lately the connection on this PC is very intermittent and this is the only device in my house with this problem (so it's not the modem/router?). My PC has an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using powerline adapter no valid ip