Windows 10: Breaking things

Discus and support Breaking things in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems that every windows update fixes some things and breaks others. When is MS going to get this right. One particular thing now broken on my two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by banger, Dec 30, 2016.

1. banger Win User

Breaking things

It seems that every windows update fixes some things and breaks others. When is MS going to get this right. One particular thing now broken on my two desktop machines since the December update is the monitor on both machines wont turn off after a minute from locking the machine with win + L. This was working fine before the December update now both my 32 and 64 bit desktops wont turn off automatically. Anyone else notice anything else broken after the update?

:)

banger, Dec 30, 2016
  2. Arun B J Win User

Mouse left click - Stop breaking things!!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:Run Hardware and device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: And also try to update the touchpad and Mouse drivers from the manufacturer web site and check if it helps.

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Step 3:I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter MS-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 30, 2016
  3. CMOYA Win User
    Mouse left click - Stop breaking things!!!

Out the complete blue, left-clicks from my mouse are intermittently ignored. This makes clicking anywhere on the screen extremely unpredictable. Even as I write this, I clicked on the previous sentence to try and correct a misspelling and nothing
    happened. The insertion point did not change. It is a hair-pulling issue because it just occurs randomly. Randomly, but
    frequently. As in, I am about to throw a shoe at my screen out of sheer frustration. I mean, I can't describe how infuriating Windows 10's many many many bugs are.

I looked in Event Viewer and saw that Office installed a slew of updates just prior to the problem. However, shutting down things like "Skype's Click To Call" service (which I suspected might be the problem) did not fix the issue. It is also not a hardware
    issue, as I have tried several mice... although it seems to only happen with a *mouse* not touchpad. But I have not exhaustively tested that hypothesis.

At this point, after using Windows 10 since it was released last summer, I am about 99% ready to just give up and install Windows 8. I hate Windows 8's UI, but at least it did not suffer from these truly exasperating user-experience bugs. It was not a hair-pulling,
    hit your head against the wall experience.

CMOYA, Dec 30, 2016
  4. pparks1 Win User

Breaking things

Hmmm, haven't had that problem yet. I usually have pretty good luck with the updates. Rarely does anything break.

pparks1, Dec 31, 2016
Thema:

Breaking things

1. Breaking things - Similar Threads - Breaking things

2. Why still update my window 10 on 2023 and breaks my thing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why still update my window 10 on 2023 and breaks my thing?: Why still force update my window 10 at 2023 and they stupid update just broke my wifi connection. Now it cannot be fixed even after i troubleshoot. First window media gone and now my wifi also gone? Update for what? Things works well before update. After update all turn to...
  3. Why still update my window 10 on 2023 and breaks my thing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why still update my window 10 on 2023 and breaks my thing?: Why still force update my window 10 at 2023 and they stupid update just broke my wifi connection. Now it cannot be fixed even after i troubleshoot. First window media gone and now my wifi also gone? Update for what? Things works well before update. After update all turn to...
  4. Why still update my window 10 on 2023 and breaks my thing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My start menu breaks after about 20 mins after restarting, and takes other things with it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start menu breaks after about 20 mins after restarting, and takes other things with it: So a couple days ago a really annoying thing started happening. I looked around on forums, and asked a very technical friend of mine cause I am only reasonably technical with windows myself. My start menu stops opening after about 20 minutes of using my PC, and it only gets...
  6. My start menu breaks after about 20 mins after restarting, and takes other things with it

My start menu breaks after about 20 mins after restarting, and takes other things with it: So a couple days ago a really annoying thing started happening. I looked around on forums, and asked a very technical friend of mine cause I am only reasonably technical with windows myself. My start menu stops opening after about 20 minutes of using my PC, and it only gets...
  7. Windows Scan & Fax- stop breaking things into multiple pages!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Scan & Fax- stop breaking things into multiple pages!: Windows Scan & Fax- stop breaking things into multiple pages!I'm using Windows Scan & Fax on a Windows 10 machine, with a Canon flatbed scanner. I have an image I want to scan, and every time I try to scan or preview it, Windows Scan & Fax breaks up the single image into two...
  8. Windows Scan & Fax- stop breaking things into multiple pages!

Windows Scan & Fax- stop breaking things into multiple pages!: Windows Scan & Fax- stop breaking things into multiple pages!I'm using Windows Scan & Fax on a Windows 10 machine, with a Canon flatbed scanner. I have an image I want to scan, and every time I try to scan or preview it, Windows Scan & Fax breaks up the single image into two...
  9. Is CHKDSK breaking things again?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is CHKDSK breaking things again?: I seem to have a bit of a mystery on my hands. Last week I ran CHKDSK /r to check the drive after a couple of power outages. Other than cleaning up security descriptors, everything checked out. However, the Meet Now icon had disappeared from the notification area. The option...
  10. List of things that break the Windows Hypervisor?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    List of things that break the Windows Hypervisor?: Is somebody maintaining a list of things that stop Windows from booting when the Windows Hypervisor is installed ? Beyond the obvious "CPU does not have virtualization, or the BIOS doesn't have the virtualization instructions turned on". Which afaik tends to keep Windows...